Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Reason posted:

This is the most terrible trend. SO many games I want to play that aren't out yet. including this awesome looking thing.

Hopefully this will get some more attention on Greenlight and ConcernedApe will be inspired to create like the wind. It's incredibly impressive what he's done just as a single dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Jesto posted:

Big update: Stardew Valley is being published by Chucklefish, which is also developing Starbound. As a result the website is in the process of receiving a major overhaul.

http://stardewvalley.net/

It's being updated bit by bit. The website is looking quite a bit better. :)

Haha, I was trying to show the website to someone right when it must have switched over, and I thought the domain had expired or something. Fantastic news!

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

9 hours and I will be home and able to play this

Literally all I'm thinking about today

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I'm super bad at fishing. Like 50% success rate. Is anyone else using a mouse and keyboard having problems or do I just need to get good?

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How do you move some placed objects like the furnace or chest? I accidentally placed them in bad spots

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Emalde posted:

It's for the other arcade cabinet in the bar.

Speaking of, I just got my 2 heart event with Abigail and you end up chilling out and playing co-op Prairie King with her this game is so loving great :swoon:

What kinda stuff does she like? I've been experimenting but so far she just gets mad at me and goes to her room :(

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

linus is easy to please because he lives in a tent and most things are better than throwing rocks at the tent

i really want to get him a shack built

I really hope you can, he's legit one of my fave characters in the game

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Is it possible to remove fences? Want to replace my wood with stone

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Chop them with your pickaxe.

Harvey is the doctor, right? He's probably in the clinic :v:

I actually was trying that, no dice. But then I got frustrated and tried everything and the axe works which is kind of obvious so that's embarrassing

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

What's the optimal number of preservers? I just unlocked it and I have two stacks of fruit waiting.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Leah showed up at my place at 5 hearts and gave me a statue that she called 'What I Feel about (Insert Your Name Here)" :3:. Loving the dialogue, pace, and how fresh everything feels. I'm a little worried I'll never enjoy a HM game again.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Should I read the wiki first or just dive in and try to figure it out on my own?

The game is super chill and there is no way to lock yourself out of anything important. Just play to enjoy

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

I love CA's continued work on the game, and I'm a fan for life now. I had a little idea where he could put in one of the good mechanics of Rune Factory 4 and let you go on dates with people (dream to have the love you button back, but alas) and buy them presents, etc. Maybe I could try my hand at modding at some point, but I'm a coding novice.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Cheese Pain posted:

I definitely agree. Being able to go on dates, even after marriage, was a really fun feature of RF.

Maybe we could even do platonic hangouts and I could go drink beers with Shane on the docks.....

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Germstore posted:

Demetrius should randomly show up at mushroom trees and spend all day staring at them and taking notes.

He hates them so but he can't help himself

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

I think that sort of thing adds flavor. Like, that implies she has an actual preference. And on that note, while it's rare and I don't know if it would fit Stardew well(probably not), I do actually really like it when a game has a range of sexualities and you can't be with whoever you please no matter what, because some people are just into guys and some people are just into girls. It makes them feel more like real fleshed out characters if they're not all exactly equally interested in whatever the protagonist is.

Like I think it's a lot more meaningful when a character tells you no, they're just not interested in you(period) than when they say they are interested. Videogames are about letting people get what they want, broadly speaking, and actually denying the player something in that way is not only more true to life but I think it's really good at getting an emotional response(even if that response is people getting pissed that they can't have their perfect waifu/husbando).

I had one intersting Haley moment, she asked what I had been doing and I chose the "Snooping in your room" option, she got really mad as I expected. I didn't expect her to mention it later in passing, which I thought was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah, thanks to my farming skills Shane is unemployed and that doesn't feel right.

I thought he was either working for Marnie full-time or the library now?