Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Discendo Vox posted:

We hate Clint because we ARE Clint.

I don't hate Clint, but then again I don't hate myself

Take care of yourselves, everyone :ohdear:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Hot Take: Penny* is Clint without the creepiness

E: *I originally wrote "Jodi" instead of "Penny," this was incorrect

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is the player Emily in this scenario?

Yes

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 21, 2019

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yep, 5 XP no matter what's in it.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Fishing

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Well poo poo. I was looking forward to their wizard school game, but if they're not gonna pay their programmers I'm not gonna buy it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I do like how the main plot of the game is like an 80's kids movie directed by Hayao Miyazaki

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah but it's out of jealousy, not moral outrage

JojaMart is destroying Pierre's and his family's livelihood. I wouldn't just chalk his anger at Morris up to "jealousy."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nosfereefer posted:

I now have a gold statue of Lewis on my farm.

I got that in one of my saves too, I put it at the head of my baby's crib to inspire him to greatness

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

quote:

Linus to Liny
Vince to adult Vincelly

LINA AND VICTORIA ARE PERFECTLY GOOD NAMES

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A good activity for the first couple of days is to 1) deal with crops, 2) clear trees on your property until your energy bar is almost depleted, then 3) explore the town and surroundings for the rest of the day.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You can now buy a super-cheap Training Rod from Willy that lets you build up your stat without having to deal with those frustrating uncatchable fish

I love it

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What really amazes me is how 1.4 has turned me away from making some straight-up money choices in favor of the chill choice, like taking trapper over fisher, or not going with pure money crops, and instead making neat little culture patches, or not going 100% mine-diving on a rainy day with decent luck, but instead swinging for a couple of ore-goals and then finishing up some other day-goals above ground.

The only thing I'm still occasionally looking up is gifts, because I can never remember the "majority-likes" or "majority-neutrals" with the exception of stuff like Linus liking horse-radish (because I always bee-lined for sashimi with him), Haley liking Daffodils (for some reason), Emily liking amethysts, and everyone liking sashimi, of course.

Everybody but the children Likes Coffee, while Harvey Loves it. Also, if you're going the beer baron route (which you probably should be), save a few rounds for Pam and Shane.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Son of Rodney posted:

Still, gently caress Shane Jesus Christ what a wanker.

He's like Haley in that he does change into a chill, pleasant person if you raise his heart level high enough. Also, after you see Shane's 8-heart event there's a 1/4 chance (which can be increased through save-scumming) that any chicken you buy or hatch will be one of the fancy blues he breeds. The difference is only cosmetic, but they're easy to spot when they're free-ranging and they're soooo cute! :kimchi:

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 6, 2019

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Shane is Best Spouse for the following reasons:

-Fancy Chickens
-Fancy Chickens
-FANCY CHICKENS

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

MorgaineDax posted:

Worst spouse, not even close.

"Oh no, this room I never have to go into, or even look at, is messy!"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

dovetaile posted:

Wow, all of y'all have serious trouble spelling Sebastian, the best spouse.

Eh, he reads as kind of young to me.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Dr.Smasher posted:

Y'all are forgetting about Elliot and his long flowing locks

There's a part of me that loves Elliot. The part that reads romance novels unironically. :swoon:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

twistedmentat posted:

How do you get a Rabbit Foot? I know from a rabbit, but when I've seen them, i have no idea what to do. Do i have the kill the bunny?

It's just a drop you can get from a rabbit with high friendship. There is no butchering mechanic because ConcernedApe knew people would get attached to their animals.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Endless Trash posted:

I love my little family

YEET

WarpedNaba posted:

Tag the Marriage Candidates in SV.

I think it's unfair to post that without including the companion piece:

Eliott is The Dreamer, Alex is Bigfoot, Shane is Old Man Grumpus before he gets therapy

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Catfish and Eel can be caught in the fall. With some lucky Traveling Cart buys I managed to complete all the fish bundles in early Fall 1. The Training Rod wouldn't catch all of the fish I needed, but it was useful for building my skill up until I could unlock the Iridium one.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/tytonidaeus/status/1207320371126571010?s=20

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Has anybody else gone into the sunroom off of the kitchen in Pierre's shop?

What the hell is Caroline putting in her tea, and where can I get some?

E: It only works if you have 2 hearts with Caroline

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If you've already won the hat you can win 1k in future egg hunts. 1k is chump change in Year 2 onward unless you're really slacking, but if you're the kind of person who'd stoop down to pick up a grubby penny, then you'll probably go for it. I know I do.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You can also get a bean from the traveling cart for 2500 sometimes. Grow that, save a couple beans for the greenhouse, enjoy your coffee all year round

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Shane is the first person I always befriend because it's so easy to do via enabling his alcoholism.

worth it for fancy chickens

FANCY
CHICKENS

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, cheese ages relatively quickly so I fill up my casks with that until I get my ancient fruit wine empire going.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I raced to get the greenhouse late fall year 1 and have been staring at the fodder bundle for two seasons saying "gently caress I can't finish this until fall 2" for the apples

I am not clever

Put an apple tree in the corner of your greenhouse and get apples all year round!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The downsides are 1) you can't go up or down though a 1x1 gap while riding the horse (though you can go left or right), 2) you have to dismount to do stuff, 3) heart events or festivals will automatically take you off the horse and possibly respawn you some distance away from it, and 4) you can't take it on the mine cart or the bus. You might also forget where you left your horse from time to time, which can be annoying. The upside is the horse doesn't require food and will always return to its stall the next morning no matter where you leave it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Eh, I use Pierre's more than I use Clint's, so it's a good tradeoff

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Poque posted:

I wish there were some kind of NG+ option where you could choose to fix the community center with money. Joja is chill but all the Joja stuff is so ugly and the community center is pretty and more stylistically consistent.

There's probably a mod.

There was a mod that replaced all the non-Vault bundles with a single piece of wood, but I don't know if it's been updated for 1.4.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, I'd like more quests where you improve peoples lives in future updates.

Agreed. Helping Shane with his mental health issues feels good to me, but even if it doesn't for you, at least you get fancy chickens

Bury me with a fancy chicken

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You want to save up your Geodes and open them on days when the spirits are "very happy," when you have the best chance of getting good stuff.

E: Never mind, I thought this was true, but the wiki says it's not!

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
it's okay unfocused buddy :sympathy:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Another strategy is to fish until you get Neptune's Glaive, a pretty nice sword.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Jade Rider posted:

Yup, after restoring the community center.

Yes, the first storm after you restore the Community Center busts open the abandoned JojaMart and exposes the Hidden Bundle. Complete it, and the Mart becomes a cinema.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

cakesmith handyman posted:

Harvey is the worst doctor.

"Yeah someone dragged you in and I stitched you up and helped myself to your wallet. You're all better now. I mean you'll probably die if you get a papercut or lift a heavy weight but whatever, I've done my part. Go sleep it off.

Still better than the American healthcare system

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
gently caress you Glacierfish
Get on my hook you rear end in a top hat

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Sam cares about his little brother, which shows he's a good guy. Plus he's a musician and a lot of people find musicians sexy.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 27, 2020

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I just use the Training Rod until I unlock the Iridium Rod. Building your skill on the Training Rod takes a lot of the frustration out of fishing - you'll never hook a fish that's not easy to catch with the Training Rod, so you're never in that situation where you keep hooking tough fish you have no hope of catching.

Munkaboo posted:

It's there a benefit to building people houses

Do you mean replacing Pam's trailer with a real house, or building houses on your farm for Multiplayer? I can't really speak to Multiplayer, but building a house for Pam gives you a cutscene where you can claim credit for the house or remain anonymous. It also changes the exterior and interior of her home. The interior is a much larger space with more amenities - Pam gets her own big bed, for example - and overall the home is a lot more pleasant to look at. But your farmer doesn't directly benefit, they're just doing a nice thing for someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

AHH F/UGH posted:

It looks like 3 sets of 5x gold crops are required, right? (from the wiki)

Correct, and you can't get them from the traveling cart so you gotta grow them yourself

One nice thing about Corn is that it grows in both Summer and Fall, so any Corn plants you plant in Summer stay alive and keep producing through the Fall. So I recommend making space for several Corn plants in Summer to fill that slot in the Bundle.