Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

This looks super neato. I've been wanting a Harvest Moon like game for the PC for a while now so I'm already pretty excited about this. Plus it's always cool to see my name in a game since it's one you don't see too often (Sebastian). Heck, the pixel dude even kinda looks like me. I'm looking forward to release. Totally gonna marry myself :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

It's got my vote. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Everything looks a lot better although personally the exterior of houses stand out in that they're lacking detail that the rest of the environment has. It all still looks good, just something I noticed. Can't wait to play this :)

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I watched the stream a bit before I admittedly got sick of hearing the rather awkward sounding folk on the mumble stream drone on about their inane topics but I will say that while I'm not sure what I was expecting with the mining/dungeon delving aspect of gameplay, I was severely impressed by what I saw, namely that I could dig in any direction and potentially come across other rooms and areas to explore. In addition the game look pretty darn slick in motion. I'll restate that I am looking forward to this so much and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

It's looking good.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cicero posted:

So, all the eligible NPCs are bisexual?

Seems that way.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I feel really dumb asking this but how do I plant something? I've got the ground tilled and wet, ready to receive my seed, but I can't figure out how to do it.

e:

deathrat posted:

So I've patched the game to remove the dumb slow diagonal movement, and it feels A LOT less sluggish. Here's a link for anyone interested: http://urcraft.com/download/SV-DiagPatch.zip

I'll probably do an increased speed one too, but not by a huge amount.

Here's one with a little speed increase: http://urcraft.com/download/SV-DiagSpeedPatch.zip

I suggest trying out the diagonal-only one first though, as the speed one could be a little overkill.

This is exactly the one thing I wanted fixed about the game so far. How do I use this? Drop it in the installation folder and run the exe?

Figured it out but now it seems running diagonally is faster than running in any other direction, and this is using the version without the speed increase. Is it possible to tone down the diagonal running speed a bit, or is this more some funky math related issue? Doesn't, or didn't Half Life have the same issue?

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 27, 2016

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Mondlicht posted:

If I gently caress up and till the wrong square, does it ever "go away" back to normal dirt?

Use a pickaxe on the spot.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

deathrat posted:

Oh god, good catch. That's really weird, I'll see if I can do anything about that.

In the meantime, these are the current 2 patches, first one is the same one I linked earlier:

Removed diagonal-speed-decrease(will move faster diagonally than other directions): http://urcraft.com/download/SV-DiagPatch.zip
Increased diagonal-speed(moves same speed in all directions, or as close as I can get it at least): http://urcraft.com/download/SV-IncreasedDiag.zip

So everyone is aware, if you are using one of these modified .exes, and you disable DPI display scaling, the game will crash on startup. This isn't an issue with the vanilla .exe.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

It's early-mid summer atm. I spent all spring clear cutting and turning my acreage into a wasted dustland. I'm not really sure what to do from there.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I dont understand why nothing is working today when I was able to successfully extract everything yesterday. I'm trying to repack shirts.png but the program is erroring out. Is it because it doesn't have a .yaml file to go with it?

If I provide a link to the edited file could somebody pack it and link the .xnb?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cantorsdust posted:

XNB Node actually reads the YAML, which tells it to pack the PNG. You do need the YAML. You can try repacking with XNB Builder, which does not need the YAML, just the PNG.

Okay I got the YAML file but I can't seem to figure out how to repack it.

Proletarian Mango fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 4, 2016

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a way to change the color of your pants?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

At what level does iron begin appearing in the mine? So far I've made it somewhere between 25-30 and so far all I still find is copper and stone. I already use half my energy in the morning watering my plants and I'd like to get that under control with sprinklers. I'm mid summer year one if that matters.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

Have a hard time spotting the worms? Just a fan of Animal Crossing? Try the Animal Crossing Digspot.

[LINK]

Sweet mod. More Animal Crossing stuff is excellent

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

How do I use sprinklers? Am I suppose to just lay them down and have them work? Mine don't water anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

LLSix posted:

The ground will be watered the next day. You have to leave them out overnight.

That's what I mean. The ground is never watered the next day, I still gotta do it myself. Sounding like a glitch it seems.