Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

Revol posted:

I did a little fistpump when I first read the news. I was gonna buy the game regardless, but now this is going to make it a lot more convenient for me. Beyond that, this is going to allow the game to be so much more successful for the developer.

Steam has become the digital gaming store for PC. This appears to be even more true for indie titles, as discovered by this expose from Joystiq.

Yeah, that's why I'm so excited about the news. I discovered harvest moon completely by accident when I was a teenager, and it's never been much more than a niche series. I think there's a (slightly) larger audience out there who would enjoy something like Stardew Valley. Especially if you consider the growth of casual audiences playing facebook games who might really dig this.

I hope a whole new generation falls in love with fantasy-farming-dating simulations because of this game. And really, who but an indie dev could sell that idea, or find success on steam? Publishers would run screaming from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
That would be amazing. Surely nobody's ever attempted something so crazy?!?

*awaits the inevitable youtube link to a competitive farming game*

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

mcvey posted:

Can't wait to play singleplayer and then later on multiplayer.

You madman.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
Can't wait to relive all my childhood memories of playing harvest moon on the gameboy, then N64, then SNES eumulators, then GBA, and of course PS1. (I try to forget about the PS2....)

I never would've thought a farming game would get to me, but drat if I don't miss them. They're like the zen video game experience for me. Just absolutely joyous and peaceful.