Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Oh, how cool! I like Harvest Moon and these sorts of games. Definitely has my vote!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

This is really cool! A lot of what's been added is stuff I was using mods for, so it's awesome to see the features become part of the base game. Echoing the sentiment that this could have been a paid expansion from other developers.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Misjudged when the update would be out and am in the middle of a heavily modded playthrough. Oh well, I'll just keep playing 1.4.5 for a bit while hotfixes and mod updates shake out.

Beach farm looks so cute tho...

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I know a lot of people weren't big on the idea of no sprinklers on the beach farm but it looks like you may be able to cheese that with the new guaranteed water retaining soil.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Salmonberries got me all the way through the mines they're great

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

No you see it's thematic. Alex has expensive tastes. This is the guy who'll throw out barely-used shoes because they got a smudge (and won't donate them because the thought of a smelly hobo wearing his nice shoes grosses him out).

At least Shane is just personally rude at first, Alex actually rubs me the wrong way. His heart events somewhat explain why he is that way but he's still the last bachelor I'd wanna date.

Of course the number one romance platonic bff is my buddy Krobus.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I want to steal Marnie from Lewis out of pure spite

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Y1 at least I usually just buy the materials there.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

If Pierre didn't have the moment where he sends Morris to orbit I think he'd be solidly in first place.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

The lack of dialogue, interpersonal interactions and heart events for a lot of the characters is one of the few areas I feel the game could still use improvement. There's so much more content in the game than at launch to extend your playtime but you'll still be pretty much done with all the main npcs in a year or so.

There's plenty of mods that try to add more lines and depth to the characters, and they by and large suck. Canon-Friendly Dialogue Extension is the best of these I've tried. At the least it makes festivals post y1 less monotonous by giving them new lines for several years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I keep the gold statue in my slime hutch, where it belongs.