Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
1.3 still hasn't hit switch version god drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
There needs to be a function on switch that lets you take a screengrab of your entire farm. I want to show off my very good pasture :|

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Clint whines about Emily and says, verbatim, “I’m a nice guy, I swear!” Okay dude I’ve heard that spiel before

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I for one think it’s bullshit that your farmer cant join the DSA and place a rose on their Twitter profile ingame

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
You can’t even follow the mayor around and throw milkshakes on him

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The name randomizer gave me a pig named Fack

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I had a void chicken and a dinosaur on my current save. I sold those deadbeats and bought a duck

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Nosfereefer posted:

I now have a gold statue of Lewis on my farm.

Where did you place it? I initially put it by the shipping container but now it’s securely fenced away by my animals, serving both as a sign of mans avarice as well as functioning as a lovely scarecrows

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

I want to know if that dog belongs to Alex or if we’re getting different dog styles with this update. Thanks ape

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I hope they figure out a way to do the screenshot on non PC platforms because I love the layout of my farm very much. It has a delightful pasture

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It would be cool if you could use a completed community center as a “farmer’s market” on a certain day of the week. Maybe set up grange stands

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Maybe like marnie, robin, Clint and willy could have tables selling special or rare items and you could just have Lewis’s shorts on display

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This has so much stuff. I can’t wait to try the endgame stuff on my main farm then start a new one

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Leal posted:

Now how can I make friends :arghfist: :saddowns: :arghfist:

Coffee.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Pierre smokes mid

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Linus is ok but I really wish he didn’t wear a bag of leaves.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’m on my third playthru now and I was gonna marry Maru this time since I’ve basically never spoken to her on my other two playthrus but she’s just so boring!!! I had to go back to Leah. She is the most mature and also tolerated it when I punched her ex boyfriend

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sebastians motorcycle is cool. If I was gonna be gay in this game I would probably be gay for him. Or Alex. Definitely not that slob Shane

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I know people either really like or really hate the fishing. I really like it. I also like the new fish ponds although it would be nice if there was some rhyme or reason to when they produce roe. I put midnight squid in a pond for two weeks and never produced anything

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I married Emily on my second play through and she’s cool but the less I have to interact with Clint the better so I had to go elsewhere for play through 3. Plus she kept eating too many drat bran muffins. Who even likes bran muffins? Raisin Bran Crunch or nothing

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Rick is a bitchy bitch bitch man. I also like letting the sad guy cliff collapse sadly in the snow and run out of town to kill himself

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My current playthrough is my third farm. 1.4 on switch. I love the 4 Corners map because it helps me impose a slightly more regimented approach to things while also offering a lot of clear space to have fun with it. Top left is my grazing area, bottom left is for fish ponds, bottom right is sheds and orchard, top right has my crops. I’m on fall year 2 now and I’m very close to wrapping up the community center. This game really gets its hooks into me in a way harvest moon didn’t. It helps that all the QOL stuff makes it so much more intuitive.

I’m running tea in my greenhouse and holding off on ancient fruit. Think I might just do straight up grapes this run.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
My fave part of this game is going to the saloon on Friday or Saturday and buying a beer for every character in the bar except Clint.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Fall music is best. Fall is the best season in the game so it makes sense it’d have the best tunes

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I got the dark sword in the new mine added on 1.4

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

LLSix posted:

What's the best way to get seaweed? I need more seaweed to feed my fish pond addiction.

Speaking of fishponds, has anyone tested to see if automate chests can auto-collect from the ponds?

There’s a very high chance of getting seaweed from the submarine game at the night market. That got me enough seaweed for five ponds last time

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Guigui posted:

Does the tractor mod come with its own building, or does it replace the stable?

If you are going to build an outhouse, you could tie it into the amount of food one ate the day before. So if you chugged down 21 sashimi plates while in the mines, you're stuck wasting time the next day sitting on the can.

Also, be sure to include at least ONE stardew character that grants you hearts from gifting them your own poop.

Putting in my vote for Gus

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The fall music is the best music in this game. We all agree on that right?

Is there any new updates on the 1.5 expansion since the new fruit tree poll? I got sucked into animal crossing and stopped playing this for a while.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Never did a Joja game. Never will do a Joja game. Hail Stan.

Yeh couldn’t be me. I thought about it once but I think there’s something to be said for consistency. That’s why I keep marrying Leah. Also because she’s the best one

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I thought about marrying Sebastian on my current playthrough but he makes it such a chore to find him early on

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Guildenstern Mother posted:

He's ok, his 14 heart event is cute. I'm currently building a pickle empire of love so I can romance harvey because this is the worst run.

Mostly I liked the idea of having the only horse in town as well as one of only five vehicles in town

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Emily is cool but not as cool as Leah.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Penny sucks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Every time I give her beer she gets mad and cries. Loser

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah. We all love the old old HM games but the majority of the ones that natsume or whoever released after back to nature/fomt have been total schlock. Stardew has some flaws but it feels like it was made with care as opposed to how halfassed harvest moon felt for a long time.

Plus you can make wine and poo poo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is awesome.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Is that what sap is for? I always just bought fertilizer.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

KKKLIP ART posted:

Dude just wants to smash rocks and date a hippy chick. Who among us hasn’t been there?

He doesn’t actually want to smash rocks unfortunately. Tough life

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Shane’s the guy who sucks, plus he’s got depression

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

showbiz_liz posted:

I do wish that there was an option for getting Sam and Shane new jobs after Joja closes. (Unless that already exists in the new game content and I just haven't seen it.)

Sam starts working at the museum.