Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How are the different animals? Not as good as crops I know but compared to each other? So far chicken and void chicken seem about equal but void clutter the inventory less, ducks just seem pointless. My rabbits also only drop fur every few days though that might be due to low hearts still. Goats also seem to be just worse cows, no pigs or sheep yet so no opinion on those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Duck mayo is 375 every other day vs regular for 190 daily so that is already less, and gets even worse when you start getting large eggs for guaranteed gold star mayo though. Daily cheese also beats two day goat cheese slightly making the tier two seem straight up worse unless I miss something about them?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How do you take a pic of your whole farm like that?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cool, here's mine. Most of my moneymaking is inside the greenhouse (sprinkler fueled strawberries ahoy), the outdoor fields are just to finish up collections and achievement stuff now.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Some bundles need mushrooms so both are good for that. Shrooms is probably better than bats because you'll be growing your own fruit eventually anyway, while the mushrooms are just random.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Unless the wiki is out of date, iridium truffles are 1250g while truffle oil with artisan is 1,491g.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

^ probably added as a joke refferencing that bug.

Skippy McPants posted:

Kent is the only half-way cool dad in town.

He strikes me as a psycho, his event is getting mad at his wife for making popcorn.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does it really manifest like this? I'm honestly not familiar with the condition beyond "jokes" like the scene here.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Appologies if I offended anyone then, I can see that being genuinelly hard. :(

Media tends to get mental illness wrong all the time (showing schyzophrenia as literaly dual personalities rather than severe mood swings, a friend has an autistic kid and he's nothing like rain man), so while I'm aware pstd is a thing, thought "var vet freaks out/gets violent at noise" is a similarly overblown trope.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

well why not posted:

Spring, Summer & Autumn 1 I spent the entire time watering. By the time Spring 2 started I had all 100+ crop spots planned out with level 2 sprinklers. Never watering again. I imagine Spring 3 will probably involve some sort of hydro dam or river rerouting.

Just better sprinklers. Though late game you'll be technically able to summon rain.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That said, I was hoping to invest in some fruit tress for the spring, but looking at them they hardly seem profitable, 1 fruit a day and the fruit themselves hardly earn 150, let alone 100 in some cases. They don't pay themselves off in one season. Is it worth investing the space (I had been thinking of 5 per season 3 of the most expensive 2 of the cheapest), since money isn't really an issue in the long run, or should I just get 1 or 2 of each for variety and call it day?

Yea just plant 1-2 of each in the greenhouse when you get that, then at least they produce all year long.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Slime huts are pretty pointless as far as I know.

Got your house fully upgraded? The basement upgrade lets you age your cheeses and wine.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I actually like fishing/pirate and the double gem/geode drop ones, more usefull early on and helps with finishing the artifact collection.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Haven't played it myself but Fantasy Life got a good rap here.

Rune factory 4 is good, but its very much an action rpg first, but with farming.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 6, 2017

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

That's not even the worst of it, you can also brainwash your ex and turn your kids into birds.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm getting that Stardew itch again. There isn't really a "best" farm, is there?

Just do whatever, but objectively: Forest farm is best early, other than the hard wood you also get extra forage and especially wild seeds, which can be a significant boost starting out. Default farm would let you absolutely maximize profits late game if you want to cover every inch with crops/barns but :effort:.

About those stumps - you could build or plant something over them once no longer needed.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Just do Penny a favor and help her move out from her abusive bozo mother's trailer.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Random. Bombs or crafting your own stairs are the way to go.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Get a kiln or buy it from Clint.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Slime rancher is actually a thing, close enough?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's location, season, time of day and weather. You are best of just checking here really: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Fish

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Autoharvester for animals heck yea, and more stuff to spend money on in general is neat.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So mp is just co-op, you can’t visit or trade stuff with random people etc?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Coffee is your friend.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

I get that but it’s still really annoying though. Having to walk all the way to the mines to work and then having to walk all the way home at night before it’s too late and hoping you don’t pass out along the way. … it’s like someone said “what if video game was real life.”

E: last question for now: the op says I can play forever but people in the game have birthdays so how is that handled?

Eventually you’ll also unlock mine carts and a horse.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

World Famous W posted:

I think it was harvest moon magical melody that had a rival match for each marriage candidate who would get together at some point

of course carries the harvest moon hetero couples only problem though

Mineral town GBA had rival marriages but they took it out from the remake (and subsequent games since) because apparently players complained that npcs "stole" their waifus before they could marry them. :(

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Forest farm is my favorite but gotta see what the new one for 1.6 is before deciding.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone take a snapshot of the new farm yet?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does the Joja route miss out on anything, or can I still get the movie theatre and Pam's new house?

And anyone had a chance to try the new "perfection waivers" yet?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 20, 2024

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

I'm actually very surprised Concerned Ape didn't implement harvesting with the scythe, it seems one of the more necessary mods for PC.

The iridium scythe which you get from the new masteries lets you harvest with it.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone got a clue what the bear is asking for here?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is there like some specific place you need to look for journal 10 on ginger island, just not getting that one to drop. :argh:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Missed out seeing him in a hazmat suit. :science:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm looking at the price tag on the gold clock, and uh... so is endgame money making just ancient fruit plantations and fairy honey farms?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Trying to go for perfection this time, never actually did before so yea... guess wine it is! :cheers:

Been wondering about sheep - a bunch of barns with auto petters and auto grabbers, spec into rancher and just sleep through a few years then pick up a few thousand wools. Kindna seems like a joja run thing which I also never did.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 3, 2024

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Filox posted:

I've started picking up trinkets in the mines. I was on the lower levels, hunting slimes to get the last 130 or so for the ring [spoiler] when the quiver dropped. It was hilarious, I was just walking around while my invisible bow killed everything with death ray arrows. Try it between levels 1 and 20, no effort slime slaughter, lol

I re-rolled my quiver a few times to get a rapid variant and it's amazing at keeping flying enemies away from you.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Curious, I assume iridium band, burglar ring and luck ring are must haves for everyone... what you all run as your 4th ring?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Radiation Cow posted:

Man, I'm bouncing off Ginger Island so hard, there's something that just really doesn't gel with me.

I think it's the forced walnut grinding or adventure game vibes, but I hate it and don't want to engage with it. Luckily, there's plenty of other things to do in the game, so don't really need to visit it again.

There's now also a parrot you can pay to just find all remaining walnuts for you eventually, up and next to the volcano dungeon.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The only thing I'd want for automation is that hoppers pull the product from the machine they are attached to then load the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

If I'm understanding you correctly, that's exactly what Automate does.

It does a lot of other stuff too, too much for my liking!