Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I kind of wish that the Rune Factory aspects of the game were cut out just because it seems like a lot of work to make combat in these games not an atrocious chore, not to mention the work required to add diversity in the form of combat items/monsters that could have been used to improve other aspects of the game.

I'll still be getting it though because Natsume has really dropped the ball on making good harvest moon games and maybe this will be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

Maybe, but SV copied heavily from Harvest Moon (particularly Friends of Mineral Town) and it's possible that GH independently did the same.

Also possible he's just lying, Occam's Razor and all that.

If the art style didn't rub me the wrong way, I think I would like to play this game more than Stardew Valley. Kind of a backhanded compliment, but it looks more like it rips off snes/psx-era harvest moon's movement mechanics wholesale and that's pretty much all I ever wanted from a 2018 farming game apart from just having more content. Grid-based movement styles work so much better for this type of game.