Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
The doctor probably has a really hard time in this town. Some idiot in the village keeps fish in his chest for a week, and then gives them out as gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
regarding panning - it was always a lot more profitable and easier to gather materials through other methods. I just recently achieved Perfection and only used panning once for a required objective. spoiled below

There's a fossil on Ginger Island in the quarry river that seems more easily obtained via panning

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Loving the recent goon content. It's great to watch the growth of Fern River and the Fish Farm (especially with pictures)

Also heads up that a new Stardew Valley Jazz Album was released, for those interested: https://scarletmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prescription-for-sleep-stardew-valley

GENTLE LOVE does a lot of soothing covers of video game music, ranging from Secret of Mana to Celeste and others. Very happy to see their handle on this amazing farming soundtrack.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
I've completed the base game for GY Keeper and I do not recommend it. Not unless you're really pining for a grounds keeping simulator, or find it for cheap.

The world is dull and lifeless. Characters are threadbare, few are likable. Minimal variety of gameplay loops, so it seems monotonous and grindy. I felt like two music tracks played through the entire game. The pixel art is good, and that's about all the praise I have for it.

Stardew has really spoiled us with these types of games.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Wait what why is Tynan making Stardew announcements

Definitely recruiting Kent to help repel wasteland raiders. Also I hear Marnie will sell thrumbos

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
The seasons concert is really good. I recommend it if you can still score tickets in your area.

Seems like ConcernedApe is showing up to most of the shows too. Must be pretty rad to listen to the tunes you composed years ago and then seeing folks of all ages enjoy more symphonic arrangements.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Unless it changed this patch, Garden Pots don't support ancient seeds. You get some message about their roots needing extra space.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Started a Meadowlands farm and completed the Community Center in the middle of Winter Y1. Loving what 1.6 does to refresh the game. Still no ancient seed though~

I had tried SVE about a year back, and it didn't do nearly as much to make the game feel new. It's really well made, especially in regards to art and aesthetics, but it mostly adds more of the same. It got stale without there actually being new things to do.

ConcernedApe really aced it with the latest content patch though. Great mix of quality of life upgrades, things to fill the idle time, and - of course - amazing winter outfits.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Tylana posted:

Mostly. The wiki might be able to help you find some other options but most of the clothing is cloth in the sewing machine, IIRC.

Note sheep is Deluxe Barn too.

Or you could recycle A Lot of soggy newspapers

My newspaper luck has been terrible in the current farm. Endless torches

Fortunately, Emily is easy to befriend with a handful of gemstones, and she has been sending me cloth in the mail pretty regularly!

Having seasonal outfits is extra important now. Embrace clothing therapy

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

I meant more in terms of "Here is some cool stuff they just added and some general tips". Much appreciated though!

Here are a few things I wish I had known when starting 1.6:

- Meadowlands farm is cool as heck, starts you off with animals, which plays to the area's strengths. Other farms are also updated to tailor to your gameplay, such as the Riverlands farm offering you a free fish smoker (a 10k value).
- Related to the above, there are more viable paths to making money. These include mushroom stumps and dehydrators. Not sure if it's as optimal as some of the old methods, but it helps keep things varied.
- Quest board at Pierre's now rewards coupons on occasion. These are used to obtain special items at Lewis's house. As such, they can be pretty worthwhile. Same goes for the new random-prize boxes.
- Visit Willy and change your bobber style!
- edit: and depending on how long it's been since you played, check out some of the additional options when setting up a farm. Remixed bundles can be a hoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
There's now an vanilla method of catching up on recipes you might've missed: Bookseller stocks a Queen of Sauce book, which teaches you all of her recipes. I saw it appear after Y2. edit: wiki says this appears after you've collected 100 golden walnuts