Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Man, that improved art looks so much better. It's not higher res, it's not more colors, it's just so much more well designed.

I mean, just compare this:

With this:

On another note, can you edit the OP to add in proper thumbnails for the images? timg tags are nice for small amounts of images like what's on this page, but when you have as many images linked in the OP as you do, timg tags get real bad because the forum is actually having your browser render those at full resolution and then downsampling. When you have a lot of them on screen at once, performance goes to hell even on a modern computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Well, that's not much longer at all than your average HM or RF game, to be honest.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I don't think the "they're all mentally disabled" argument has much merit, but it is pretty drat lame that they're all white. This is America's Heartland, no minorities allowed. It's too real. :v:

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 14, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Steelion posted:

Maybe this is something mods can fix, given time?

No, this is something that mods are probably least likely to fix. I'm not sure I've ever seen a mod for any game ever whose aim was simply adding more/improved dialogue to the existing character set. It's not a very glamorous mod to make, it would come with a lot of creative restrictions, and I don't think modders would do a very good job at it, anyways.

This game was basically made by one person, right? ConcernedApe doesn't seem like a great writer, and that shows. The characters are pretty devoid of personality overall, and you can also tell that his priorities lied elsewhere in the game's development when you see how much repeat dialogue there is. There's still a good chunk of dialogue, though. There's a lot more than your average Harvest Moon game, but less than your average Rune Factory game. The Rune Factory games had one or more dedicated writers on staff, who were good at what they did. You can't really expect that out of an indie HM clone, so I've come to terms with the dialogue's mediocrity.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 9, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

So I just got the diamond quest for Clint and like five minutes later I peeked into a trash can for kicks and found a loving diamond in it. Sometimes lucky?