Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Jesto posted:

Big update: Stardew Valley is being published by Chucklefish, which is also developing Starbound. As a result the website is in the process of receiving a major overhaul.

http://stardewvalley.net/

It's being updated bit by bit. The website is looking quite a bit better. :)

Maybe they'll redo the big dialogue portraits. Some of them, like goth boy, are pretty ugly/offputting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Fantastic. I couldn't give the tiniest poo poo about multiplayer.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I keep finding spots that turn into a hand or magnifying glass, but I can't seem to interact or get any response from them. Signs, what looks like box hidden behind a barrel in the saloon, things like that. :raise:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Deakul posted:

You have to be directly in front of and flush against the things in question to interact with them,

There's still stuff that doesn't seem to trigger. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong or I need a story beat to advance or something.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Supernorn posted:

I'm so happy that the game is doing so well, and that you guys are enjoying it. Okay, back to planting parsnips and aggressively slicing slimes.

It's pretty cool, but is there really no way to manually save or 'quit and save'? Only save when you sleep? :smith:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Aw geeze, I can't skip tiers on tools? I have to make all the intermediate stages? :mad:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Are you just not supposed to put objects out on the dirt part of the farm map? One of my beehives just got overgrown by a random shrub. :smith:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I had a daydream about a game that was basically the entirety of Stardew Valley mixed with first person view of Minecraft and oh man I want to play that game.

Chill Minecraft-lite fused with with Harvest Moon seems like a big no brainer for a game, doesn't it? But then, so did a PC Harvest Moon knockoff.

I also want a post-apocalyptic game in this genre where you farm huge mutant vegetables, fight radioactive monsters and killer tomatoes, while building up a farming town/stronghold and reclaiming the wasteland. You could call it HARVEST DOOM. :haw:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
Couldn't figure out why I couldn't see the zoom feature, and it looks like it's been reverted to 1.04 because of some sort of audio issue?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Saint Freak posted:

Is there a way to get rid of the other slingshot? Mine's taking up 1 entire chest space and that's unacceptable but it doesn't look like I can trash or sell it.

I think you could gamble with the bug gods and place it in a chest where a villager will walk (in front of a door?). This apparently deletes the chest? So you could sacrifice 50 wood for a trash disposal chest.

Or just tuck it behind a tree in the village so it's out of sight out of mind. :effort:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Rookersh posted:

So I've literally never played a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game before, but Stardew hooked me for 50 hours so far ( and thinking back on it, Recettear hooked me for 70ish ), so I'm tempted to go back and try them out.

Now I want to see Stardew fused with Recettear, where you can ship stuff in the box for like 1/4 value or sell it in your shop for full/bonus price.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

This is a feature in Rune Factory 4! ...actually, it's more like, what's /not/ a feature in RF4? They really threw the kitchen sink in which is why it's so great

Hmm. I gotta go back and play that. I bought it but didn't get more then an hour or two in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Wealth beyond measure, outlander.