Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Then why does he hide it and freak out if people put it in public? It's just a cheap-rear end self portrait.

It’s not a statue, it’s the gilded body of his twin brother who vanished last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The beach farms lack of sprinklers has assured I will never use it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

I went for Perfection on SVE too and I had installed the Aquarium mod which adds a couple other new fish. That STUPID Kittyfish event nearly broke me. I missed triggering it by like a week and had to wait a whole in-game year to catch the ONE lousy fish I was missing. Never doing that again!

It's a very dumb restriction, but fortunately you can fix it with mods! (Assuming you're on PC. I wouldn't use the beach farm on not-PC myself.)

I’ll probably mess with some mods next time I start a farm, but I only have a steam deck. Does the Linux version have a good mod scene?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Poque posted:

I got all my Windows mods working on my steam deck with pretty much no issue.

Good to know. Did you use the Linux smapi or the windows version?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Poque posted:

I think I used the Linux one. I just went to Desktop mode and did a SMAPI install (so probably Linux) and then copied over my mod folder from Windows using Warpinator.

It's also my first and only time doing anything in Linux so it should be easy!

Cool, just gotta finish RE4 then I’ll give modding a shot. Any recommendations?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Poque posted:

I only use a few but they're pretty impactful.

SkipIntro - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/533/ - when you start Stardew it goes right to the Game Load screen.
AutoGate - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3109 - gates will automatically open and close when you approach/exit them
ScytheHarvesting - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2731 - Harvest all crops (aside from seasonal seeds) with your scythe as a timesaver. I would use this if it isn't your first farm since it's kind of cheating, but really just a real-life time saver.

Additionally, Seasonal Villager Outfits is by far my favorite for aesthetics - villagers change for seasons, weather, and festivals, and all of the art fits perfectly in with the original game's style. It looks like it's down on Nexus Mods, but this appears to be the exact same one: https://www.modland.net/stardew-valley-mods/characters/seasonal-villager-outfits.html

That gate one sounds perfect.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Is that iridium coffee?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Elliot eats phones and Abigail eats rocks so what

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

To implement all these changes he has to make the slingshot even worse.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

She no longer eats amethyst

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do I get Lookup Anything to use the context sensitive mode without a mouse cursor? I’m playing on a Steam Deck and bound a button to F1 but it just pops up a cursor on screen

Try setting your right trackpad to act as a mouse.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t think grass grows through stone fences anymore, or the patch of bluegrass I sealed off just doesn’t want to spread.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

LLSix posted:

Grass does not spread through objects. If an object is placed over grass, the grass will still grow to open squares, but if the grass is ever cut out from under the object (like a fence) it won’t grow back.

Oh dang. It’s been a while since I played and I just straight forgot how it works. Thanks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Didn’t catch a single puffer fish in summer despite buying 20 puffer baits from Willy. Hoping I get lucky with the cart

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The winter outfits are a nice addition. Now we just need Halloween costumes.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

Goddrat all this new talk and excitement makes me want to reinstall on Steam, but I'm really trying to hold out til it hits the Switch, because it's just so drat cozy to play SDV on.

I’m playing on a steam deck and it’s a perfect deck game.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just laid down my first batch of star fruit wine on the last day of the desert fest. Having the worst luck in the cavern, will not make it to floor 30 for the challenge. Do eggs disappear at the end of the festival?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

There are so many pairs of broken glasses in the pond I think grandpa was a serial killer.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

But how will you see yourself now?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve been really lucky with the seed maker and ancient seeds. Every time I get at least 2 seeds back.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Emily is the wizards daughter. She’s witchy as hell and has a magic closet.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I simply don’t bother with fish ponds except sturgeon. Stupid movie theater bundle.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t fertilize anything I plan on throwing in a keg or jar.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Automate is for cowards.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I finally repaired the boat after forgetting about it from most of year two.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Stardew Crossing when?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It was probably a mistake but I took farming mastery first. 90% for the scythe.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Will spring seeds planted on winter 28 survive?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

Winter seeds planted on winter 28 will retain tilled soil, I just did this. Might be related to winter seeds sprouting quickly, and I don't know if fertilizer is retained.

The game won't let you plant them in winter

Bummer.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven’t caught an iridium quality fish since the hotfix.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I don’t even know what these shortcuts are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

GotLag posted:

Panning regularly gives me 5+ iridium ore, since I upgraded the pan to gold level.

Edit: this is without the permanent lock upgrade too

I have a hard time noticing the panning spots.