Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jesto posted:

For anyone wondering if Stardew Valley would be getting co-op or not, the answer is officially yes. :dance:

Co-op gameplay teaser!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJggZec6qqo

Oh My God.:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If Chucklefish keep this up I'll be proposing to it by the end of the year.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Harlock posted:

I'm glad to see the placeholder graphics being changed from RPG maker sprite sheets.

The only thing I'd want to see is an unlimited time mode, which I'm sure wouldn't be too hard.

I think they are edits of sprites from Harvest Moon for the SNES, you can tell by the little nose, which the RPG Maker sprites didn't have.

:sweatdrop: I used to make RPG Maker sprites when I was a kid

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Doctor gets my heart racing :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They have original Harvest Moon noses going on. Though that's probably a deliberate nod.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jesto posted:

The game will go on forever. He was toying with the idea of having a plot resolution after 2 years, where you either get the Jojo Market or the Community Center depending on what you do, but there was a backlash against that. Now it's been reduced to shopping at Jojo Market in order to help it grow, or building the community center to help it grow, both at your leisure.

I like this a lot more. It reminds me of the relaxed pace of Animal Crossing. I can just be a chill pixel farmer.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I like that he's addressing one of the only real problems I had with the original HM. Were once you got married your wife changed sprite to a generic woman with pallette swapped hair who sometimes gave you fish or something but that was really it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I think it looks ok, but it's position in the text box could use some tweaking, it's very close to the top and left sides.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's just a name, she's probably alright...

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Still looking forward to this, but I got MSG and Fallout to play this year so I don't really mind delays

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Chump Farts posted:

Also a good game. What did Europe do to make Marvelous hate you so?

I think someone involved with RF 4 went tits up?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Eonwe posted:

are people actually mad or is this goon hyperbole

I thought it was hyperbole. But I can't tell any more

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Concerned Ape is using his Twitter again so I'd say so

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I think he's still soloing this so fair play. That's a lot of work

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Personally I'd like to slow it down for multiplayer shenanigans but I remember that feeling every morning in the original Harvest Moon were poo poo needed to get done

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh man I'm going to give Supernorn so much poo poo for that

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
No those question marks are clearly some time in 2014 pay attention

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Nice, lookin' forward to this :3:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

I mean that's nice and all but I wasn't asking about the interior decorating, I was just wondering if there was more to the animal crossing comparison than that. Like, is the game "real-time", are there timing-based events, is there a large variety of villagers that move in and move out, how do they interact with you and each other, that sort of thing. Or is this more gooney "I can't describe a game without comparing it to fifty other games" lol

I can't be the only person who got exponentially more interested in the game when they saw the animal crossing comparison can I?

It seems like it's a lot more like SNES Harvest Moon wrt to time not being 1:1 like Animal Crossing. Seems like ten minutes in game is about 30 seconds irl and the year is four months long. Didn't notice any festivals on the calendar there, but everyone has a birthday. I'm still early in the gameplay video though.

E: beaten!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They put out Interstellaria which is a goon made Star Flight kinda game. And also Leannas Inception which is literally proc gen Zelda.
The stuff they support tends to be cute and interesting at least. Halfway was pretty good too but I'm under the impression it didn't do super well?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Chantilly Say posted:

Just quote any post where someone says cuckservative

Is that a word actual human beings say because god drat

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You used to be all about Koalas maaan

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm going to marry the cutest boy and live on the gayest farm. But until then I'll have Stardew Valley

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Rrussom posted:

you mean you dont already live like this?

I'm trying my best

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Steam says the game is unlocking in 1 week and 5 days but I can't throw money at this yet :/
What gives?

I think that's normal for CF releases. Interstellaria was the same way

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cicadas! posted:

This is smart, considering what happened to Starbound.

This game's mosty finished :v:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yeah it sets off my pixel purist alarms. Still looking forward to Friday, though I imagine it'll be a six gmt release and I'll only get a bit with it before working all weekend.

It's funny thinking about my actual work eating into my pretend farm job though :3:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dirk the Average posted:

You know, with Factorio on Steam today and this coming out tomorrow, I never before realized how much I want to combine the two. Automate farming and slowly grow the output with a combination of early manual labor that slowly gets automated away as you focus on more and more complex systems over time.

I think that makes you a monster?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao I forgot that chucklefish puts everything under "Other Games" inside the starbound forum. I guess it makes sense kind of???

Cool though. I'm gonna make the weeds.

Which waifu is secretly a narc?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Protip: Your crafting menu is hidden in the main esc menu!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Let me know if anyone can get past the day you get the dog\cat, It crashes for me every time I try to sleep.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

IAmTheRad posted:

This is very important. Can you walk through crops that have sprouted?

Yeah unless they grow up sticks like beans, which block you from the start.

Also I fixed my crash somehow? It seems to be accepting your pet on day ten and then sleeping that triggers it. So I tried just going straight back to bed and that let me move to the next day. No doggy though :negative:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
How did everyone meet the Wizard? I'm like 21 days in and no sign of him.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Played this until midnight last night. Now I'm in work and I'm going out to dinner with people but I just want to work on my farm.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Stringbean posted:

Ugh, I got this game and haven't even played it for 15 minutes and I want to play more. Haven't played Harvest Moon since the SNES. This is just right up my alley.

Now I just need a PC Monster Rancher and all will be right with the world.

If there was a pc monster rancher I'd never leave my apt

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I put all gold and silver tier items in and won after already grinding the fishing game for the rarecrow. And then left all my stuff on the table :negative:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Abigail likes Chrono Trigger. Like I'd marry anyone else.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
All my hens are grumpy now and I dunno why :(

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Fans posted:

They're not being fed probably. Are you laying hay out on the bench thing?

inthesto posted:

If you're letting them outside, try shutting the chicken door after they've gone back inside at night

This seems to lead to a better rate of them laying eggs in the morning

I think that the heater wasn't working somehow??? It's mid winter and those ladies are locked in with food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

If I was still an active mod on the forum there would be a reckoning. There was some titty mod at some point there too.