Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Ray and Shirley posted:

I'd like a game like this is if I could have children or a child and have them take over the farm when I die and the whole thing starts over again. Or, perhaps more accurately, everything ages and slowly changes over time. Townspeople have children, grow old, and die, their children take their place. And so on.

This is the sims 3 with a gardener sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Starbound levels even.

Or even Star Citizen.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Kyte posted:

I kinda wish you could make an empty building that had no system purpose beyond giving you space to put up your kegs and such. Call it a Warehouse or something.
Feels kinda wrong to use a barn.

CA has said he's working on a workshop building that will fulfill that role.

I'd love to see future content updates as something like a craftsman skill with a bunch of stuff you could craft for money or decor, like jewellery and furniture.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Just FYI: If you dig up the snowy/dirty/tarry spots in the mine(with your ho) you get a lot more Dwarf Scroll I than you do from wanting it to drop from monsturs.

Edit: You also get tons tons tons of cave carrots. So many carrots. Smaug's Hord levels of cave carrots.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mazz posted:

I really hope CA expands on farm buildings with like a brewery and fish hatchery or something. With the fully upgraded coop/barn I don't even need anything else, and past like 400 crops there really isn't any further point. That only uses likes 1/3 of the farm if you build efficiently.

I'd love a brewery/smithy/hatchery series of buildings that are expensive but can house higher capacity equipment so a brewery building can house several big/iridium kegs that can brew ten of the same fruit at a time, same with a blast furnace forge, preserve barrel, etc.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Abigail just had a dialog on birds being happy due to being too ignorant to understand the future.

I am increasingly concerned by the spikes of nihilism in the villagers that there is some apocalyptic war tearing the world apart not far away and the whole village is just the equivalent of the Berlin Orchestra playing their last concerts while Russian artillery was audible in the background.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

flesh dance posted:

Speaking of house stuff that would be nice I wish the 3rd upgrade made all the baby furniture optional. gently caress having kids, I want to turn that space into a brewery, or a library, or pretty much anything other than a nursery I'll never use :/

I also wish there was an empty "outbuilding" available that you could upgrade for more floor space; it would make sense and I could stuff it full of kegs and have a proper space to run my boardwalk empire instead of my yard & living room

I'd just like a basement that we can expand like the dungeon. Just add stairwells/an elevator and allow for 10 levels or so.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I hate Pierre because the shitlord won't stop staring at his stocked shelves to let me check out at the cash register.

Honestly his business is failing more from his aggressive apathy towards people trying to buy things from his shitass huckster schekle stand.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

gently caress Robin that I wanna smash on that desert rose working that gas station out on Tattooine

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If he druid, why him look garbage?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I'd prefer Stardrops to be used in super rare crafted items. A pair of boots that add run speed, a once-a-day teleport home amulet, a pickaxe that gives all ores under the teir of rock your mining(I.e iridium node gives 2 iridium, gold, iron, copper), just some stuff that really makes them feel worth the effort that goes into them.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Gravy Jones posted:

I waited for a good luck day, guzzled some pumpkin soup, and shoved several hundred blueberries into half a dozen seed makers from dawn until dusk... it netted me 3 ancient seeds... but just the actual seeds, I still don't have the artifact.

I've found quite a few digging in the dirt in the mines jungle area.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

So...when it says that Morris and the rest of the Jojo mart employees were never seen again. Did the villagers kill them? There was a very ominous overtone in "Let's settle this the old fashion way".

Like are they out in the cornfield somewhere or did Willy feed them to crabs? Or did Kent go all Predator and skin them? Are all the rarecrows you can buy the stuffed corpses of JoJo mart management? Big crimes often go unnoticed in small towns and in this bizarre little town where purple haired women eat quartz and there's a black guy, I am not ruling anything out.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

4 player with 1 womans? Penny shameful.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

v1.1 changelog:

New Features
  • Shane and Emily are now available to marry. They each have new events, music, and more!
  • Spouses now have a unique outdoor area and behavior on the farm.
  • You can now choose from 5 different farm maps at character creation. Each map is focused on a different skill area.
  • Standard Farm - The original Stardew Valley farm.
  • Riverland Farm - Lots of water, good for fishing.
  • Forest Farm - Foraging opportunities and a unique weed that always drops mixed seeds.
  • Hill-top Farm - Has a small mineral deposit from which ores spawn, including a unique geode-bearing ore.
  • Wilderness Farm - Bats and Golems spawn at night.
  • "Shed" building... An empty room that can be decorated, filled with kegs, etc.
  • "Mill" building... Can be used to turn wheat into flour and beets into sugar overnight.
  • A new quest that can be started after the Community Center or JojaMart quest arc is complete. The new quest results in a new "magical construction" feature available from the Wizard's Tower. The new quest is triggered when you enter the Railroad area.
  • Added several new locations that are related to the above quest. "Junimo Hut" building (Magical Construction). Junimos will harvest crops within a certain distance of the hut, instantly transporting the harvest back to the hut for you to gather at your convenience.
  • "Earth Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the mountains.
  • "Water Obelisk" building (Magical Construction). A permanent warp totem to the beach.
  • "Gold Clock" building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.
  • You can now move your buildings via Robin's construction menu.
  • New house upgrade from Robin that adds a cellar to your house and teaches you the "cask" crafting recipe. In the cellar, you can use Casks to age cheese and alcohol, increasing their quality.
  • "Iridium-star" level quality is now attainable for aged goods and fruit. (2x value)
  • NPC's now appreciate quality level in gifts, but it only has an effect on gifts they "like" or "love".
  • Added Coffee, a spring/summer crop, and Coffee Bean. The bean acts as the produce and the seed, similar to sunflowers.
  • 5 Coffee beans can be added to a Keg to make coffee.
  • Honey can be placed in a keg to make mead.
  • Void eggs can be placed in mayonnaise machines to make void mayonnaise.
  • 2 new fish, "Void Salmon" and "Slimejack"
  • You can now choose to color your chests with one of 20 color options.
  • Evil Shrines, where you can make offerings in exchange for dark magic.
  • Divorce. You can file from a little book in mayor's house.
  • You can now wallpaper the little hallways in your upgraded house.
  • When you beat Journey Of The Prairie King, you can now start over in a harder mode, keeping your upgrades and coins.
  • 2 new "Lost Books"
  • Krobus now sells a "Return Scepter"... a tool which acts as a permanent warp totem to the farm.
  • Giving someone a gift on their birthday will never make your spouse jealous.
  • Pierre now sells a "Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to all wallpapers and floors.
  • Robin now sells a "Furniture Catalogue" furniture item that can be used for unlimited free access to nearly all furnitures.

Bug Fixes
  • Wild plums are now labeled as fruit.
  • Grandpa's Shrine should now always properly give the reward for reaching 4 candles.
  • Fixed issue where gathering an item with the "botanist" profession would fail if the inventory was full, even though the gold-level item was present in the inventory.
  • Slime charmer ring should now protect against giant slimes
  • You can no longer tap a stump
  • Fixed Joja Warehouse graphic issue in winter
  • "Check action"-mapped keys should now work to attach bait to a rod.
  • Rain ambient sound should no longer play in Sandy's Oasis under any conditions.
  • Your baby should now be properly born, even if you pass out in the mines on the eve of the birth.
  • Moonlight Jellies engagement crash
  • Galaxy sword should now be truly unloseable
  • You can no longer lose hay to a hopper because you have no silo.
  • You can no longer plant fruit trees off the farm.
  • Typo fixes

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

quote:

Dark Shrine of Selfishness - Allows you to turn your children into doves (Gets rid of them) in exchange for a Prismatic Shard.

:stare: :stare::stare: :stare::stare: :stare:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Coolguye posted:

yeah i'm looking forward to the planner updating so i can plot out a massive factory farm using magical gnomes as slaves with basically no wasted space

gonna be siiiiiick

Stardew Valley, Alabama Edition: Magic slaves, mindwiped wives, and mutated children.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

marry robin, maru go off to college to get out of bad home, do too much special K at a technorave, come back brain damaged and demetrius has to care for dain bramaged babby all by own. also player steal him potato patch and give to pierre

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I think I would prefer a market price that is randomized within a range every season, rather than a reactive market. "The Demand for Parsnips is absurd this Spring! Their price has more than doubled!", or "JoJo co has started a nation-wide sale of wine! All wine prices have decreased by 40% for the duration of fall."

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

And the forage map gives your access to rare foragables much earlier. Got a morel six days into spring.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Huh, cool. You can put buildings on green grass now.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If that's the case then Abigail only doing handies makes sense.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Disgusting Coward posted:

No you can't. I just tried it and the game was like "No, fool, hope you liked all that hardwood because it's USELESS now that you have to park your horse miles away, ah ha ha"

Patch isn't out yet. Opt into the beta.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Patch 1.11 is out

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

It also isn't fun at all and a terrible game mechanic

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Thor-Stryker posted:

Yes cause using one copper bar to craft one pipe piece per a tile and connecting it to water is such a bad game mechanic.

Correct. It does not add anything to the game outside of a sink.

A better mechanic would be to replace basic sprinklers with drip lines that are one copper bar and one iron bar for three pipes. That would give an interesting alternative to sprinklers tha gives an interesting decision early in game. You could do large drip lines early but that will ham string early artisan production or tool upgrades due to copper shortages. Alternatively you could water manually and wait for farming to catch up and do sprinklers, but then you lose the square that the sprinkler takes up and the time spent watering.

It would allow for more field configurations and end game set ups that aren't as dependant on iridium and batteries.

I'd also like to see the watering bucket upgrades give a quality boost to encourage manual watering even once sprinklers are achievable.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I really detest the people that want to add in all kinds of spergy poo poo like water management. I grew up on a farm and I love Stardew Valley because it's nothing like real farming.

I also grew up on a farm but I disagree. I fondly remember the days of individually watering plants with Pa, then going and fighting flying snakes in a cave and finishing up the day by throwing a hand full of amethysts at my purple haired girlfriend and telling her to get her hands to work, then I'd go chop at trees in the yard until I passed out at 2:00.

PCP and meth are a devilish combo.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Which trim best trim in the valley?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I just want an event where I can hit Pam with a folding chair

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

And you can make Truffles the only crop you need. A barn of pigs will find between 15k and 30k of truffles a day. An iridium truffle is actually worth more than truffle oil.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Retaining Soil should probably just be replaced, it is made obsolete by numerous game systems by the time it becomes economically or skill-level practical. Maybe something like Potting Soil that gives a chance for all plants to give +1 harvestable item when harvested. It'd be a good quantity vs. quality soil modifier between it and fertilizer. Then you'd have arguments to use either, since high quality would ultimately sell for more in aggregate since the quality increase would provide a larger bump on the whole harvest, but the +1 harvest would be ideal for artisan good crops since you lose any gains made by fertilizer there.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

If Geode breaking wasn't an awful slog once you get into dozens of geodes it'd be great. Honestly none of them are that good though. Excavator is OK for finishing the collection if you have any left once you're at that level. Gemologist makes crystalarium farms ridiculously profitable for very low interaction every 5 days.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Rutibex posted:

I wonder what theoretical maximum income per day could be achieved. Just Deluxe Barns full of crystalariums producing diamonds, filling up every square inch of farm real estate.

You can fit 136 crystalariums in a deluxe barn. So (750 x 136) / 5 day run time for diamonds and you're looking at 20.4k a day. With Gemologist you'd see 26.52k a day.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

gently caress ducks they are the worst animals I am so upset at myself for invented them.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I finally got Maru's 10 heart scene....

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

You can catch woodskips in the Woodlands farm lake :yayclod:

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

This game gets much strange if you consider that it might be a Truman Show style TV series that features the farmer and all the towns folk are actually just cast members. It would explain a lot. The inability to leave even though they always talk about it, the overnight shift of seasons, the miraculous way you are always rescued by someone when you eat poo poo in a lava filled mine, the static prices on goods, the short bus ride to an entirely different biome run by a woman with seemingly nothing else nearby other than a shop, the same people and lines being said every festival.

Makes you think.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Penny and Leah are the only ones I don't see getting really fat eventually.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I Said No posted:

Penny wants like a billion children though.

Yeah but that breed of redneck just never gets fat no matter how many kids. She'll be 100 years old and 110 lbs. Her mom would probably not look so rough had she not drank a fifth for breakfast every morning and then driven a bus to a sunbaked hellhole full of flying snakes every day her whole life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I hate to say it, but evidence points to Grandpa being a pretty horrific guy. The Blut und Boden seal on the letter he leaves you is a little concerning.