Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Poopy Palpy posted:

Yeah, can we post about how wrong Roderick was about Computer Maths instead?

I'm a software engineer and listen while at work...I couldn't stop laughing at that part. I love John and his bullshit, the recent feminism mini-rant included.

I did think it was interesting that he pointed out the social power women have that is easy to overlook, but he missed a lot of the overall picture. Then again, the show is mostly about playing with ideas that are interesting instead of getting things completely right.

In that sense, in some ways he's right about "computer maths" in that most of the things I actually do at work, as opposed to what I learned in college, could be taught as a trade.

ham_sanitizer fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

I thought the same thing...though it is a period pretty much completely disconnected from the rest of his life. Like he said, when it was over it was pretty much like it didn't happen.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Yeah...it seems like he's really figured out where the lily pads are.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

I got to hang out with John one on one last night for about a half hour when he came through KC. Made my year.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Uhh either Merlin forgot to bleep John's daughter's name or John decided he didn't care.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Yeah I saw that on Twitter...excited to hear that addressed on RotL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

Diabolik900 posted:

Pretty much the entirety of today's episode is about it. It's a good listen.

Aww hell yeah

• Locked thread