Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009
Any tips on taking pictures? I can't capture the detail on the coins.

I have three that might be worth more than silver value.

1. 1797 British Penny - worn to the point that you can only just make out the date. Not US, but thought you might have some idea about that type of coin.
2. 1897s dollar coin - almost no wear. The wings, lettering, and pretty much everything is totally crisp, but you can tell that the very top points are a little worn (the breast of the eagle and the very highest parts of the hair). Not shiny with a consistent gray patina.
3. 1917 quarter - don't see a mint mark. Moderately worn, can make out some detail on the shield but details on the face/boob are gone. The back is a better than the front. This is the best pic I could capture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread