Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

20$ (Liberty on one side, Eagle on the other)
S
Some scratches, still mostly shiny with distinct lines, but with a few smudges

20$ (Liberty on one side, Eagle on the other)
S
Some scratches, still mostly shiny with distinct lines, but with a few smudges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Thanks for the info!

I also have a $20 1905 coin that is shiny and well defined, but has some dark gunk on it (looks like it could be cleaned off, but no way am I going to touch it), and a $20 1895 coin that lacks the luster of the other coins and has a bit more wear on it. I don't see the mint marks on either of those.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I'm really happy I hung onto them. A mason jar full of them was found buried on my grandparents' property back in the mid nineties, (around half "disappeared" into an unscrupulous uncle's pockets) the rest were given out for the next few Christmases to my generation. My cousins pawned them the second the stores opened, but I've held onto mine because I viewed them more as interesting pieces of family history rather than a source of quick cash.

Now if I need to buy a black market kidney, they'll be gone in an instant, but until then, I think I'll just keep holding onto them.

• Locked thread