Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

My wife has some old coins she swears are worth a fair amount. I recognize a couple of them from this thread, so she might actually be right. Or not

These are the three that look to be the most interesting.

And there are these two which look old as hell but I see no value listed on them and there is a weird hole clipped in the top. Both feature George Washington. The smaller one is almost totally illegible, but is heavier than the larger coin. The front and back are identical.

Let me know if you need larger sizes. The imgur app doesn't tell me how large the medium pics are. I didn't want to break tables.

Edit: Those are way too small. I'll upload the right size in a minute.

Edit 2: Got on my PC and used the TIMG tag because why not.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ron Don Volante posted:

The 1921 dollar coin is a Morgan silver dollar struck in Philadelphia. Uncirculated (mint) condition with some toning, $40-50

The smaller coin is a Walking Liberty half dollar, heavily worn with no date but nice coloration. $10

The 2010 coin is a silver one-ounce American Eagle bullion coin, worth about $30 at current silver prices.

The George Washington tokens are most likely copies of a funeral medal struck shortly after George Washington's death. Copies were struck in large quantities by private companies throughout the 20th century in various metals. The vast majority of them are worthless. The denser corroded one is probably pewter.

Thanks! That's about what I expected.

Any recommendations for determining the value of Confederate money? My wife as a whole stack of Confederate dollars of various denominations in various conditions.

• Locked thread