Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I'm so glad this thread is here, I have just come into possession of a whole heap of uncirculated pennies. My dad has started giving me his old coin collection efforts, but they're not very well organized. There are entire rolls of each mint mark from various years from the '40s to the '60s, though I'm pretty sure I don't necessarily have all the intervening years. I also got a 1923 Peace dollar from the gas station near my house, not sure who would spend one of these enormous beauties. I carry the Peace dollar with me as I like the feel of it:

He's apparently got some more for me, I'll get some face images tomorrow at the office as I don't have a scanner, but the whole box in the background is about 20 pounds of old pennies, and most of the ones I've looked at have had any major wear, just some handling scratches, maybe from getting them in and out of the tubes. I just went through all the tubes in the smaller metal box and there's multiple whole rolls for 1959, 1961 and 1963, I think the majority will be from this vintage, as he was a teenager, while the few 1940s coins are from when he was a toddler.

I'm not looking to get rid of them, but I don't really need 100 of the same penny, either. Does any of this stand out as particularly noteworthy, or can I expect years of onesie-twosie sales on ebay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread