Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

EDIT: Does someone who knows more about coins and paper money wanna make a thread so I can stop photo-bombing this thread?

I think that's exactly what this thread is for :) Keep going, photos and analysis are why I'm reading this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Also post interesting finds in the thread, if you can :)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Forgive my ignorance, what's special about these? Star notes with an interesting (123) serial?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Pooper Trooper posted:

Yeaaah it's probably best to make a numismatics thread in DIY & Hobbies. I'll see if I can get around to it later, hopefully lots of folks here won't mind me quoting them for the OP.

If you do, post a link back to it here. I like reading the stories and looking at the pretty pictures, even if I have nothing to contribute.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Sesquiculus posted:

The one on the right is emperor Constantius II with a FEL TEMP REPARATIO (The Restoration of Happy Times) reverse. It depicts a soldier spearing a fallen horseman, similar to this one.

Restoration of happy times: stabbin' people who earned it.

• Locked thread