Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Good track, Chance really fits well and shines as usual.

Still can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on CRJ tickets for this Friday at Terminal 5.

I saw CRJ here last night in Providence and she was awesome. Just the purest and most emotive pop singer I've ever seen live. The crowd was an exquisite blend of bearded hipsters, twentysomething gay men with undercuts, and leftover tweens from the Call Me Maybe days who didn't know any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Surprised nobody posted the leak of CRJ's "Cut to the Feeling" from that Ballerina CGI movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJWfZIxhqDQ

I think they cut out some segments that had overlapping dialogue. It's... awesome?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

sensitivepigeon posted:

Just uploaded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlsu7RhOnsQ

I like it! another great one imo

This was leaked about a month ago but as far as I know this is the first upload without the dialogue from the animated movie layered over it.

It's fiaaaah and btw that Katy Perry song is maybe the worst thing I've ever heard.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

aBagorn posted:

Funny enough - I wouldn't keep it over any of EMOTION B Sides, but there are a few tracks on the original that it's (imo) clearly better than (Warm Blood is the first one that comes to mind)

Warm Blood is like, the fourth/fifth best song on EMOTION. Everybody knows that Let's Get Lost is obviously the weakest on the entire album and I'd take most of the B-sides and the new one over it.

e: just did my own personal ranking, it's the sixth best:

1. Run Away With Me
2. Your Type
3. EMOTION
4. Gimme Love
5. All That
6. Warm Blood
7. Boy Problems
8. I Really Like You
9. When I Needed You
10. Making the Most of the Night
11. LA Hallucinations
12. Let's Get Lost

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 30, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Reflecting upon my own rankings I think I like CRJ's Pat Benatar side more than the Debbie Gibson.

Doesn't matter though because everything she does is gold anyway, carlyraeisbae.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

I have no idea if we're going to get any really great pop albums this year. Lorde, Lana and Haim are coming out this year, and Selena and Gaga have released summer singles, but none of the truly A-list stars are on the map aside from Katy. Lorde will probably earn a permanent spot on that list if her album is successful, but I feel like right now the A-List is pretty much Katy/Taylor/Gaga/Beyonce/Grande/Adele and any of the bonafide legends (Britney/Madonna/Mariah/Janet/etc), and we got a lot of albums from that lot last year. Then you have the B-list which is either instantly recognizable people who don't quite have the same level of consistent success or lots of critical success but no radio play (Selena/Demi/Lorde/Miley or Lana/Carly/Charli/Robyn) and then the C-list which is filled with people who have had one hit or have a bit of girl-group pedigree (anyone from Fifth Harmony, Iggy Azalea, anyone on a Chainsmokers track, Zara Larsson). And then the entirely separate (because for the most part they all suck) mens list, which we've gotten quite a few albums from this year (Sheeran, Chainsmokers, Train, any member of One Direction) but again, they all suck (because we got new Bruno Mars last year and he's the only man I have any faith in to release quality radio pop unless Justin Timberlake revives his music career again)

Whenever I'm scanning through the radio and I think "wow what is this horrible poo poo" it's a Train song 100% of the time. gently caress Train.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Slap bass. Always slap bass.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I've always been a Katy Perry hater.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

resident posted:

When I first heard Woman I thought the new Kesha would be terrible, but then I heard Praying and felt ambivalence. The album owns and I actually don't mind Woman in album context.

It's strange to me that you wouldn't have a positive initial reaction to Woman since it's one of the most fun and quintessentially Kesha tracks on the entire album. Learn to Let You Go to me feels like a Katy Perry song and is the weakest link in the chain. Otherwise a pretty strong comeback, the world needs more Kesha.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

This whole fake feud between T-Swift and Katy Perry is super lameass poo poo but nobody should ever look to millionaire celebrities who lead impossibly different lives to validate their own political beliefs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sam Smith sings like someone who is always on the verge of crying. He's worse than even loving Adam Levine.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't think it's really all that insulting to CRJ, moreso it's really bland uninventive criticism dressed up like psycho #woke bullshit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I love CRJ and her questionable fashion choices so much.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Disco Tits music video is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQDPwODja4

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I came here to post this very thing, finally some good news in this cursed year. I hope to god there’s a music video, the gayness would be too much to handle.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

How da fuk is that awful adult contemporary Mikey Cyrus song #29 on this list.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Not if I can help it. Stick with Carly. She's empirically better. CRJ keeps getting better while Taylor keeps spinning out and mudslinging, and in the process getting meaner, lamer, and more petty and desperate to take the spotlight. Like, she doesn't even sound like she's having fun anymore.

Carly is too pure and wholesome for this cursed earth.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Not a big fan of Taylor Swift but Style is a genuinely good song because it shows a mature and vulnerable side to her songwriting that I wish she continued to develop instead of this TMZ poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Every publication seems to HATE Filthy so polarizing is definitely the word. I can't wait to hear more.

What? How could you possibly hate this song. It's great and I'm not even a big JT fan.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I listened to it this morning on the treadmill and the wubwubwub was hella good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Some youtuber once described Ed Sheeran as "listening to acne" and that's all I ever think about when his songs come on the radio.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sounds like a continuation of Every Open Eye, i.e. good fistpump music for the gym.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I have no kids or parental instincts of my own but the first thing I thought of when I heard a Weeknd song for the first time was "I would not let this man within A HUNDRED FEET of my daughter." It was very strange.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Sigrid is really cool and I think most of this thread would like her stuff. Plot Twist is my fave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNuCNZK-r5A

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I am more shocked that Girls apparently took nine people to write.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1000725094849638400

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRDMInkkw7U

EPIC.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Please don't disrespect Werewolves of London like that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Anybody check out Sigrid's new EP from last week? Hopin' for some more certified treadmill bops.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I just want someone to look at me the way Mitski look at Carly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

The energy of this...... Thank you

Someone uploaded the full perfomance. Carlski is my new favorite ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWnywubpREU

CRJ with a sword at Lollapalooza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_dtLZcIOwc

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alessia Cara is the most basic of all the bananees and avocadees pop singers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

No.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Queen of masturbation songs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Has anyone had a chance to see her live? I am definitely getting tickets for the tour when it is announced.

Here is video

https://youtu.be/U0ih3FriG1k

Buttplugs, bread and spaghetti

I saw her in early 2016 and it was a great show! The crowd was a most peculiar blend of the gays, pitchfork hipsters, and teeny boppers who still thought she was the Call Me Maybe girl.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

King Princess - Pussy is God :hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGIkGbs1VEc

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I thought Gloria was a Blondie song for like, the first 32 years of my life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

One of my favorite things about the 80s is that Al Corley of Dynasty fame went on to have a fairly successful music career in the Eurodance scene. Some of it was really good, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHS26LcIR6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI6HkXFhnJo

Also he recorded a couple truly awful bossa nova songs with Shirley Bassey for some reason? It's so transcendently terrible that you must listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_rqJLGsqbU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Washed Out released a really good album just last year. I don't think chillwave was ever big enough as a movement to ever say it faltered, it's always been like three dudes carrying the entire subgenre.