Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Do we like Kehlani here? Kehlani's new single is fire. Miraculously, it even features a non-obnoxious Ty Dollar $ign guest vocal. Been listening to this nonstop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxI0OX3GsA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

^burtle posted:

i'm so fuckin grateful for this text

Lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

While I'm here one thing I can't stand about all these bananee and avocadee singers is that they cannot swear convincingly. Like I don't believe for one loving minute that Halsey or Selena or Ariana have gone to a single dive bar in their lives. Now Kesha, she's been through some poo poo and can swear like a motherfuckin' woman.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1095459786370347008

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Netflix just announced a third season of Queer Eye with a teaser for CRJ's new single Now I Found You on their instagram. This song is gonna be a fuckin' BOP.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I really like Emarosa's new album too, but I was surprised to hear such poppy 80s synth-rock as I remember them being like a post-hardcore scene band when I was in college. Thought it must have been a different Emarosa at first. I guess much has changed!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Until the Grammys I thought Dua Lipa was like six feet tall. Surprised to find out she is only slightly above average (but not her album, which owns).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The thing about New Rules is that while it’s really good and practically ubiquitous now it’s only like, the fourth or fifth best song on that album.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'll never forgive Meghan Trainor for somehow making a song about Marvin Gaye so completely sexless.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That is the worst thing I have ever read in my life.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

So up on what Kehlani has been putting out recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8apVb832NhY

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Oh this bass line on No Drug Like Me is groovy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I love her.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Charlie Puth, Sam Smith etc. do this truly awful affect that's trendy now, where every line sounds as if they're about to cry. It's so incredibly obnoxious and I don't know how anybody can sit through four minutes of such dull maudlin songwriting.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't know what specific bands you have in mind but the early 2000s were another nadir of pop music, so it wouldn't surprise me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That press release is violence.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1112429412585070593

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

New album bitches, and it's coming out on my birthday! Truly CRJ has blessed me above all others.

https://twitter.com/carlyraejepsen/status/1112747735529279488

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Pre-sale page, tour dates and press releases are already out, so if this is an April Fool's Day prank then it's quite an elaborate one! Carly's new album is real, and strong, and it is nearly upon us.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Is Freya Ridings more well-known in the UK? I just heard this song today and it's so powerful, what an amazing voice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJt8RDOjKBU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/trashygaytweets/status/1117676398015967232?s=19

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Very relieved that all my faves wisely missed this one. John Legend man, I thought you were cool.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I respect that Billie Eilish is doing something different and unique compared to her peers, I just don't like any of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

Kehlani might be the most underrated singer in pop music right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjGj99eQIqQ

I am not sleeping on Kehlani at least, I loved everything on her new EP. Definitely one of the smartest and most talented young artists out there.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

CRJ - Too Much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJA42HLg5k4

This might be my favorite song from the new album yet. I can't believe she's still bringing it!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I can't believe Carly is going to save pop music again and ME! was found dead in a ditch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I really like the playfulness of Want You in My Room, what a fun track. Happy Not Knowing is such a jam too, it's a shame both songs are so short! I feel like they could go on forever and never get old. Too Much is probably the standout track of this album but Julien is really growing on me, too. Nothing on Dedicated quite reaches the heights of Run Away With Me, but that's one of the greatest pop songs ever written, so I can't fault. Overall Dedicated feels chiller, groovier, but unmistakably Carly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Late night watching television /
But how'd we get in this position

The girl has been saying she fucks from the word go.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Run Away With Me is just one of the best pop songs ever written and will forever be #1 Bop Emeritus but ANYWAY everyone knows the second best track from Emotion is Your Type.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Looking forward to the new track End Him Rightly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Buffis posted:

Carly-posting again, cause the show was so good.

I mean, just look at this setlist.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/carly-rae-jepsen/2019/grona-lund-stockholm-sweden-3900507.html
Its absurd how good that selection of songs is.

Apparently it was the first time she performed a few of them as well.
Make sure to get tickets if she tours near you.

Was that really the first time Store has been performed live? I can’t believe such a universally beloved Carly Classic would have gone untouched for so long!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Not Knowing is such a freaking bop, it's the track on the album I keep coming back to most often.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Man it feels like Blue Lips just came out but that album is almost two years old now!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My dream fanfic collab is for Carly and Annie Lennox to do a Walking on Broken Glass + Fever medley onstage somewhere because that would be amazing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My wife has become extremely irritated with me because I've been singing ONLY ONE DICK THAT'S A BUMMER from the new Tove Lo single over and over.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The singalong lyrics on Tove Lo's own music video say DICK in bold letters so I'm going with her on this one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I like the threepenny opera style she's going for, reminds me of early Dresden Dolls. I'd definitely go see a live show with that cabaret sound.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That is maybe the worst pop song I've ever heard in my life. Self-indulgent lyrics with already dated lingo, lazy songwriting from the same script Swift has been running into the ground for the past five years, worst of all it's not a bop.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That video rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I always call disco tits "the one where Tove Lo fucks a muppet."