Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rarity posted:

Lacy is the most sapphic song I have ever loving heard

The correct answer for this is actually "Melt" by Kehlani.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

DC Murderverse posted:

They should bump anyone who got tickets to Eras to the back of the line imo

They're all millennials, $500 for a Taylor Swift ticket was their entire life savings.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hayley Williams' solo album had a lot of more eclectic material, I liked it a lot. Very introspective songwriting and the vocal performance is unreal as usual. Pure Love might be my favorite thing she's ever done.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Not to be glib but I hope this makes the tracklist more interesting, the majority of song arrangements on This Is Why are so, so boring.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Remi Wolf kills it on You First, the range and lyrical content suits her perfectly. The rest I could take or leave I think.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I remember hearing Pink Pony Club during the pandemic and wondered what happened to her not too long ago. Glad to see she finally put out an album, it's got some fun songs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

surf rock posted:

Who had the most beautiful voice in history, and why was it Karen Carpenter?

Every once in awhile I think about the untimely death of Eva Cassidy and it pisses me off. You missed, God!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_5rjM10Chs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jesus was a Carpenter...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Crazy that Caroline Polachek was not even nominated for album of the year but, that’s the Grammies for you. Somehow even more eternally irrelevant than the Academy Awards.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rich Girl by Hall & Oates prominently features the word bitch and was played on mainstream radio as far back as 1976. We all love bitches here.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I’m so confused.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DC Murderverse posted:

Holy poo poo check out this cover

https://youtu.be/JIz-Ji8Wyog?si=vODStrgiOSGXVhDs

G Flip rules, she always manages to end up with a few songs on my play list. Last year Worst Person Alive was her best

I was not ready for that drum transition holy poo poo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Wow, they didn't even use the album version...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I will forever respect TEB for that news story from 2016 where they happened to be playing a couple shows in Cleveland around the same area as the Republican National Convention and upset all the RNC staffers there by saying they believed in gay rights and racial equality in between songs.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Translates too easily to "Flopamine," the pop culture memelords will bury this one.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Good fortunes if you never had to hear Worth It played approx. every 5 minutes in the year 2015.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That reminds me of the incredible Years & Years / CRJ mashup of Happy Not Knowing. I can't believe it still only has like 600 views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZG9GMsxlw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Good idea getting all the kiddies out of the way on Friday so that us old-rear end people can enjoy the sets on Sat-Sun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hopefully they let her throw out the honorary first pitch again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulg8GScyxH8

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Azaelia has never gone away, she's been a professional twitter troll since she failed out of making actual music in 2011.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I had little idea who Jojo Siwa was before last week, but to have your cynical bad girl rebrand flop so hard that you accidentally revive another artist's unreleased track from 12 years ago has gotta be unprecedented. The song itself is just okay, kind of an interesting time capsule into late 2000s recession pop. Even Timbaland is there.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I will always remember October 21st, 2022 as the day Carly Said gently caress.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's a high school club concept album.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All Aboard the Toxic Gossip Train [15min][[Taylor's Version]]

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'd trust Chappell Roan to make a great track about getting her rear end ate at the Cheesecake Factory.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

As bad as some of these lyrics are I think they're right at home in pop music just not "the greatest lyricist of our generation, apparently."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hold up, the kids have rediscovered whacking off.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Silver Springs was originally the B-side of Go Your Own Way and didn't even make it onto the original cut of Rumours despite being one of the best pop songs ever written.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Correct.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I'm a big Dula Peep fan and I have to admit this album is really boring on a first listen. Not as boring as the Miley Cyrus LP, but shockingly close. Future Nostalgia had hooks for days, what happened here.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There was a blind item earlier this year predicting a new Carly album in summer 2024, I still have hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That's the general vibe I'm getting. It starts out strong with Houdini and Training Season, then just kind of doesn't go anywhere for the next 30 minutes. Like Dula got bored with the idea of making music halfway through and just kinda cranked this one out, except it's been four years since Future Nostalgia so you can't even really say that. Wouldn't be surprised if we later find out she scrapped a whole other album before releasing RO.