Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Just to give another opinion, I think I Really Like You is awesome and I probably wouldn't have given Emotion a chance if it hadn't been the first single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Yoshifan823 posted:

*I miss Kesha. Dr. Luke should gently caress off back to Sweden and let her make the electronic hair metal album she is destined to make.

Dr. Luke's not the one from Sweden, you're thinking of Max Martin :eng101:. But I also hope that the whole Kesha/Dr. Luke clusterfuck clears itself up sooner rather than later.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I am not at all hot on that new Yonce track but the one thing I hope people take away from it is that Big Freedia rules.

I agree (on both accounts, sadly). I first encountered Freedia on the RuPaul's Peanut Butter. I have no idea who came up with the idea oh having her open for The Postal Service on one of their recent tours. But that person should probably get a medal.
http://uproxx.com/music/2013/07/exceedingly-white-postal-service-fans-flummoxed-by-big-freedias-twerking/

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
Ugh, it has happened. I cannot loving stand Meghan Trainor, but "No" really is pretty good.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Cerepol posted:

I didn't realize this was happening but Pet Shop Boys released a new album yesterday. Haven''t had a chance to listen to it but they rarely disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JF3Gj8U0YA

Yep, Super was released yesterday. It's the second out of three albums supposed to be produced by Stuart Price, so it's pretty much a continuation of their last album, Electric. It again sounds very electronic, and there are a couple of nearly-instrumentals.

As always, there are some absolute gems. The Dictator Decides is the lyrical highlight of the album, The Pop Kids is a catchy, and very 90s sounding first single. Undertow is fun as well, and Burn is probably the most poppers o'clock track they've released in the last ten years. Unfortunately there also are a few lowlights. None of the "instrumentals" reach the majesty they achieved with Axis on Electric: Pazzo! is a big nothing, and Happiness a questionable opener, even if Neils "Cotton Eye Joe" vocals do manage to stay in your head after a while.

All in all, it's a good album. There are more fully realized songs than on Electric, on the other hand it lacks the surprise factor and overall freshness of that album. Pet Shop Boys fan will find a lot to like, and so will everyone else who's looking some heavily 90s influenced dance pop.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
You know who also has a new single out? Nelly Furtado! It's called Behind Your Back and is actually pretty good!
I don't think there is any kind of official upload on YouTube, so have this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-Ux8zyV6M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Khagan posted:

Last week a a couple of good releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYi4jkFpRBA

Cool Girl is a very good song. Peter Robinson over at Popjustice wrote that this is the kind of song Britney should be doing these days instead of crud like Private Show, and I tend to agree.