Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

OldTennisCourt posted:

Really the only time I suppose you could feel guilty about liking music is if it's by someone like Chris Brown or Gary Glitter, but even then you should be able to separate the work from the artist.

I don't really see how anyone could justify listening to Chris Brown, even if we ignore how lovely of a person he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Metal Loaf posted:

"Thrift Shop" holds at number one on the Hot 100 for a third consecutive week (and if the mid-week update is any indication, it'll occupy a similar position here in the UK on Sunday). I don't know if this is going to be a "We Are Young"- or "Somebody That I Used To Know"-style megahit, but I hope it is, not least because there's this hilarious commenter on billboard.com who rants that "THE NOVELTY SONG" will "FALL FROM GRACE AND LOSE ALL ITS SALES NEXT WEEK" nearly every time it's mentioned in an article.

I honestly didn't like Thrift Shop for a while, but after hearing "Same Love" by the same dude I wish that man all the success in the world.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Kalos posted:

I don't mind him in general. Thrift Shop is however, without competition, the worst song to gain any sort of popularity so far in 2013.

I could not disagree with you more, seeing as Justin's awful acoustic version of As Long As You Love Me entered the charts this week.

It took me a while to warm up to Thrift Shop, but I do think it's really well produced and at least has a message. Plus I'm starting to think that some of the stupider verses are really self aware after hearing more of his hits.