Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Also League of Legends recruited a kpop super group to do a song for them and it is fire

https://youtu.be/UOxkGD8qRB4

Soyeon was on the follow up too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZpHFXcFJw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

If you had asked me a month ago what new ABBA music should sound like I don’t think I could up with this because it’s just too perfect

It’s straight from 1978 and god bless them for coming back

It's absolutely my favourite kind of pop group reformation, come back with a more refined take on what you were doing really well already.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei posted:

isn't Meghan Trainor in general just "pop music for Karens"

Every time I go to listen to a Trainor song I think this shouldn't be as boring as it is.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

At least it's not a dirge ballad. Best thing I can say about it.

E: Oh no I posted before she started rapping, I think I'd prefer a dirge ballad now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah I liked Flowers and I kept waiting for this new one to do something and it just never did.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Chris Brown sucks the fun out of everything he's on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was unsure about 10k gecs until I got to Frog On The Floor and had a massive grin on my face the whole rest of the way.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah I've never heard of this guy either.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ok that’s a title that gets me excited.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

We call them Charlies Puth. They have perfect pitch and music degrees and clear ability in the real of music production and they spend it making songs with Meghan Trainor where the chorus goes “Let’s Marvin Gaye and get it on”

That song is still on the work playlist and I hate it more every time it plays.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Made You Look actually makes me angry with how boring it is.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I agree that popstars should stay far away from Formula 1.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I would argue we need less of both.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That would be thrown out immediately on the basis that Bebe Rexha is no-one's favourite artist.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei posted:

Todd In The Shadows has the best comparison about her: "a clip art stock photo of a pop star".

Yeah that tracks, I mostly remember when she got a big hero entrance in the "HEY GUYS THERE'S A REAL POP STAR HERE" vein at an Ubisoft E3 show to promote one of the Just Dance games and she got zero reaction. I had no idea who she was but I also wasn't even trying to follow pop music at the time so I had an excuse.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

She has similar energy to Keanu Reeves or Tony Slattery in the UK in the 90s. The Keanu thing was always "Keanu gets work because Keanu answers the phone" and the joke about Slattery was that his answering machine message was "I'll do it". So the idea of her just being someone so hungry for success that she'll take any booking fits with my view of her pretty well.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Did this podcast drama really need to be revived a third time this year

Petty drama is roughly 95% of why people follow pop music.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I have no doubt Adele could and possibly has shanked someone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Junpei posted:

gently caress. I'm too young to be crying at country songs. Why the gently caress is this "Dial Drunk" song with a Post Malone remix hitting me so loving hard.

Crying into a bottle of whiskey is where country is best.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Taylor's whole thing is being seen to be a good person and while I have a cynical view of that because of my world view I will not argue with that manifesting as giving fat stacks directly to the support crew.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I listened to the new CRJ album and it's probably my favourite Robyn album.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Deformed Church posted:

while we're making posting mistakes, i should note taylor swift has released eight albums in the past eight years. i recommend all of them.

This would definitely be a mistake to listen to some of them.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BigFactory posted:

Reputation is the only good Taylor swift album. She’s a pretty good rapper.

This is just factually wrong.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cemetry Gator posted:

I mean, a decade ago you would turn on the radio, hear Werewolves of London only to get the rug pulled and have it be Kid Rock’s All Summer Long.

A cruel joke to play on anyone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Star Walkin' has been on the work playlist since it came out and I hear it about 3 times a day. Between that and it being the theme for the League of Legends World Championship last year I've come to despise that song in a way that really isn't fair.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

smackfu posted:

What does deluxe version even mean now that 90%* of plays are on streaming?

* made up number

It means there's a version for the ridiculous superfans who will go out and spend £30 on a special edition album.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Should’ve released Say So and retired as champion.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was thinking this last night, going all out on the "YO I ENJOY loving" angle in music rarely comes across as actually sexy. It only works (to me at least) when it's all implications, even if those are extremely obvious ones, or understands that it's funny to be this blunt. Stuff like Doja and honestly Kim Petras too just comes across as being unabashedly horny and slutty but not in a way that actually makes it sound fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yep, I'd be more interested in a remix album if I thought the original album was any good.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

Also her rear end is fantastic

Pop Music Thread: Also her rear end is fantastic

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That actually makes a weird kind of sense as someone who mostly knows Pendulum from Propane Nightmares being a massive hit in the UK at the time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Part of me is still looking forward to the longest pop song title challenger that will be ME! Featuring Brandon Urie of Panic! At The Disco (Taylor's Version).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robbie Williams is one of the most singularly interesting people in pop music and I really want to watch that series. I remember Jason briefly was trying to break into acting but nothing came of it so if he's decided he's happy being alone with his family and whatever money he made from Take That I fully support him getting out.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This always happens when an artist finds a contract loophole, the industry rushes to make sure no-one else can ever do it again.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

#Blessed

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Athletic Footjob posted:

To prevent Christmas music clogging them up.

Its true if they put it out in December it would just be The Darkness as everyone's top artist.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

In 20 years time Taylor Swift will also be replaced by Rick Astley for a Glastonbury set.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Can confirm, I have a few cassettes and on a good player they sound great. Now no-one who's buying a Taylor Swift album on cassette is going to be listening to it on a good player though they're going to listen on a lovely cheap Walkman knockoff they got off Amazon for $20. They're probably not going to be on good tapes either, since I don't think you can get Chrome or Metal tapes any more.

Now Minidisc, that's a real sweet spot if you want nostalgia bucks while also something that'll probably sound good on any player.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 17, 2024

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I had the same immediate reaction before remembering she did a decent song with Sam Smith a while back. She was one of the Fifth Harmony girls, which is a group I still believe never actually existed because I never heard anyone say the name Fifth Harmony until after the group was dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Good fortunes if you never had to hear Worth It played approx. every 5 minutes in the year 2015.

Oh I did but I never knew who sang it.