Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder when the next Bruno Mars song is gonna come out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42SM_TeWE5s

New Ed Sheeran song, Bruno Mars and Chris Stapleton are on it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I get all my reviews from Sputnik Music.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Kesha is back! And it is a loving banger!

https://youtu.be/K5q8VsGYchc

Track 11 :dance:

https://mobile.twitter.com/crazykeshafans/status/1187337567970168832

January 10th is the release date

Resentement has Brian Wilson and... who else?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The f-words in Driver's License used to surprise and shock me when it was just a single but now that I have Brutal and Good 4 U to contextualize the album I'm cool with it

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Let's just make sure that blackbear doesn't keep riding on those trends

seriously how did he end up on both that MGK song and the ATL one

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Halsey really has come a far way from "We are the new Americana, high on legal marijuana, raised on Biggie and Nirvana" hasn't she

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
so I was idly looking up 7, Lil Nas's EP, and... wtf why are the reviews so low, Old Town Road and Rodeo and Panini are bops

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
me no speak basketballo, anyone care to translate the edit extended metaphor?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I see, thank you for explaining.

Now I have a comparison I heard that I'm still not sure what to think of. Someone mentioned the Lorde/Olivia Rodrigo comparisons back when Driver's License was her big hit, before Deja Vu and Good 4 U dropped, and he made this comparison:

"Green Light" is to "Since U Been Gone" as "Driver's License" is to "Behind These Hazel Eyes"".

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hell yeah, Abel going full disco is something I've been waiting for since Starboy.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay so I listened to Happier Than Ever

And I gotta say

Title track?

Billie should really experiment with rock more in future albums.

It's perfect as the penultimate song.

Not My Responsibility is probably some of her best writing as a great spoken word piece, oxytocin and GOLDWING are also really good, NDA has some of the album's best production, uhhh... album's good.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm just looking forward to If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power because Industrial Metal Halsey intrigues me so much

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How much does Halsey roast G-Eazy on IICHLIWP?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I hope she expands the psychedelia streak that was on Deja Vu

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Here's a question: Is Justin Bieber as boring, more boring, or less boring, than Lionel Richie was?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man I was expecting "Get BTS on your song!" would be a trend at some point in the near future but I didn't expect Coldplay to be the first ones to do it

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean I still liked the song, but then again I'm the guy who thinks that they only got good consistently on their fourth album and defends all of their 2010s output

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
My favorite song of theirs was Adventure of a Lifetime, if only because I'm a sucker for rock bands with a disco groove

It's the kind of thing Maroon 5 used to do well, at least until they started sucking harder than the worlds' strongest vacuum cleaner.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There's also a song on that Coldplay album (Let Somebody Go is by Coldplay ft Selener Gomez) featuring the R&B duo We Are King and Jacob Collier

Aside from those two and BTS those are the only features on the album

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was worried that Bruno Mars was eventually going to run out of retro R&B to remake, and wondered what he'd do when he did run out.

Turns out, the answer was "Do it all again, but this time with Anderson .Paak".

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

volts5000 posted:

Just listened to the whole Silk Sonic album. It's amazing! I can't stop gushing over it!

So good. Singles were absolutely the right choices but every song on here slaps. 777 and After Last Night are so good, Blast Off is a great finisher.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I agree, cannot wait for 1989's rerelease-new versions of Blank Space? Wildest Dreams? Style?!

I'd be so happy

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So apparently Joshua Basset is firing back at Rodrigo with some songs of his own

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Olivia Rodrigo/Joshua Basset will become the new Ellie Goulding/Ed Sheeran and it will be glorious

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Two major thoughts on this:
1. This needs an extended dance remix
2. I'm reminded of Simple and Clean for some reason

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean I guess it works - Save Your Tears has the most tepid, boring chorus vocal melody I’ve ever heard, but it was really popular - but it’s like, how is this the same guy who wrote The Party & The After Party?

to be fair the version that got big is the one that adds Ariana Grande who harmonizes really well with Abel and is of course the owner of a very powerful voice with a lot of range

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
of curiosity is the album/project that "Meet Me At Our Spot" originated from any good? i liked 'lately i feel EVERYTHING' even if I do think it could be better

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8YchxVVAHw

pinkpantheress x Willow Smith collab

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So on his Youtube page, Machine Gun Kelly teased a new song that's going to be a Willow Smith collaboration coming out tomorrow.

I'm excited

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm getting more of a vibe of "What if we took California Gurls by Katy Perry, made it about 30% more mellow and 10% more adult"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What do you think of this song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQAOrCOknCY

I like it myself, even if I can put a small amount of it on relating to the lyric "Living in a haze, sitting in the shade, all I do is sit around and wait for better days" in this whole... time.

I'm also glad that Polo G doesn't have what I have dubbed "Kanye-Kendrick Syndrome" (aka: Good rappers turning to complete poo poo the moment they put a guest verse on a pop song)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I hope she gets over Joshua Basset by the time her second album is here.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Why are Damon Albarn and the Gallagher brothers inserting themselves into new music drama? Taylor's feuding with Albarn, Liam apparently supports her, Noel took a shot at Harry Styles

Are they just trying to re-enact the Country House/Roll With It fight again through proxies or sometihng?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
If Olivia ever collaborated with Avril or Willow Smith or Hayley Williams I think my heart would stop from amazement.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
isn't that the Kingdom Hearts theme song singer?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I like both Taylor Swift and Billie Eilish. I can like both of them.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Didn't The Weeknd just do a song with SHM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh Thundercat Fly Like An Eagle I've gotta hear.