Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYgg0R1zFCg

She obviously has 0.0000001% of the name recognition or fan base but this lady is doing Taylor Swift better than Taylor Swift here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Guys lawyer claims he wanted her to take a picture

My client is very, very stupid. Yes he is just continuously an idiot. He threw that phone while it was recording hoping to capture his favourite artist, who he would never willingly hurt in any way, up close. THEN, ashamed of being so stupid, he made up and told others a preposterous story about how that was not the case, again being very stupid in doing so.

Do not blame my client Your Honor; blame the educational system of this country.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 22, 2023

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Is Hayley Williams always like this? Or is it a one off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRA6xocqmow

Because she broke a lot of what stand for rules of modern pop (although were more common previously) with this track and I think maybe sunk a chance a hit and instead made something really cool.

It's no Joanna Newsom's Peach, Plum, Pear but I really really like Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 19, 2023

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Because I can't enjoy new things without referencing what is already familiar...

You're telling me Ke$ha's sister got stuck in a timewarp, and she decided to make a song that's her take on Lana Del Rey style Americana? And Spike Jonze got caught in the same warp and decided to direct her video thinking 'I'll do some of the stuff I did for Jay-Z in Otis but with a dash of Lady Gaga'?

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

exquisite tea posted:

Hayley Williams' solo album had a lot of more eclectic material, I liked it a lot. Very introspective songwriting and the vocal performance is unreal as usual. Pure Love might be my favorite thing she's ever done.

I listened to her Tiny Dsk i.e. packed room in her home during quarantine. Instantly fell for her as a 'solo' act based on who she had with her (e.g. Julian Baker getting to just play an instrument), even though I'm not Paramore's key demographic by either my age or general tastes.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

DC Murderverse posted:

I don’t think anyone in either thread have been huge Doja Cat fans in a minute. All the songs she’s released for this one have been pretty meh

I liked Kiss Me More. Although I didn't like how much sex and language can be found in pop songs of the past few years. It's almost as boring as the opposite.

e: You already said "we make love" you don't have to be explicit in that's it's you two "loving". I do not care if you do it gently or rough I really don't. And yes we all got it kissing here refers not only to actual kissing but also to oral sex. No need to explain twice (or was it three times? def. more than once) that you want him to go down on you more.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Sep 23, 2023

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Popheads: You bubblegum chewers, easy listeners, radio addicts, Top40s, Swifties, Billie stans, pop punks, punk poppers, and the incognito session brigade: Hear me now:

Go check out the "Introverted power ballads" Spotify playlist. Maybe not on Spotify. But you can run through the previews before deciding if you want to add it to your service of choice. It's fit for purpose out of the gate even if you might want to get rid of a song or two.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

The world is divided on Billie Eilish, and it has nothing to do with her. Some folks are sure that her brother is responsible for every little thing but the vocals. Others are sure he's not and in fact the songs he has minimal involvement with are the best ones. Either way, his level of contribution is seen as the deciding factor of quality.

Me, I'm a little different. I don't really care. I don't trust a man who seems to be close with his whole family but insists on going by a mononym. And dude has crossed out his surname on nametags and chair reservations. Weird. But I say let him return to being/continue being the driving force behind his sister because on the off chance he composes another Ocean Eyes it'll be worth it.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Someone please sell me on a Taylor Swift album to listen all the way through. It can be a compilation album. This isn't a challenge. I want to like it and there's probably an album I would like but I don't know where to start.

Pop wise I like Lana Del Rey, Hayley Willians, and Carly Rae Jepsen.

e: I liked New Romantics but not 1989 so much

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Feb 7, 2024

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

Some Hayley Williams solo work transcends pop. It doesn't really fit any genre I know of any better. But it's not really intended to get a chart single and she works with a lot of session musicians and indie rockers. The lyrics seem meant to be at least a little bit poignant instead of just catchy. That's neither a good or bad thing I'm not pretentious it's just really noticeable. It's like cross-over music in the opposite direction to what typically happens.

Also, the ending riff on Lana's The Greatest hits different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

BonoMan posted:

I don't know if anyone actually listens to cassettes the same way they do vinyl, but the appeal is mostly the same. It's just another fun physical way to collect things.

There's a company out there that makes records out of precious metals. So far you can only get "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind silver-plated for $450, gold-plated for $800, and solid gold for a price you have to enquire about but the market rate for that amount of gold is over $16,000 wholesale.

One song. Less than four minutes. Third. Eye. Blind.

There seems to be an entire company of several employees just coasting by selling silver and gold copies of Jumper for several hundreds and and tens of thousands of dollars. There's apparently a market out there big enough to support the enterprise.