Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
God Vampire by Olivia Rodrigo is a freaking bop. Currently my and my 8 year olds fave song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sir Lemming posted:

I played Vampire for the first time in a while the other day and it's still incredible. I'm not sure if I'm demographically fit to truly love her albums, but I'll happily keep up with the singles.

It's so good. I don't know if I knowingly ever heard any of her songs. But it popped up while my daugther was listening to music the other day and I've listened to it like 100 times since then. Soooo good.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That was from the original complaint, but yes it's definitely.... :stonk:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Oh goddamnit NOW that I don't live near New Orleans she comes there.

edit: Going through registration anyway. Lord this system can't even handle *fan registration*.

Took an hour to wait in line just for it to pop up. Only to be told "UH OH! Something's gone wrong!"

Refreshed page and now it seems like it's trying to do... something.... but I've been stuck on the three spinning circles waiting on a confirmation code.

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 3, 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Just bought Alamo Drafthouse tix for my daughter and I! Can't wait!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

DC Murderverse posted:

They should instead make the Taylor Swift version of Shut Up and Play the Hits where it’s just the day after the tour ends and she’s just like, playing with her cats and trying to decide what her life is gonna be like now

Crying in her storeroom full of janitorial disguises

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Taking my daughter tonight to Alamo! Very excited. Hope she feels comfortable enough to get up and dance!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Went last night. Alamo Drafthouse in Raleigh. The show was sold out but not a single person standing up to dance or singing out loud. A smattering of claps here and there but... That was it. Still enjoyed it but definitely thought it'd be rowdier.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Saw an article on CNN where Taylor Swift is now officially a billionaire...which.. I think we all suspected. But the impressive thing is that it's done primarily through her music ventures only. Most other celebrities that have gotten to that point have had clothing/makeup/whatever lines that are the more profitable revenue streams.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Did this thread post the Dolly/Cyrus Wrecking Ball collab? It's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQMr3VV1u48

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Rageaholic posted:

God drat, Olivia keeps killing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5AjFq4JQFQ

She substituted "dream crusher" for "fame fucker" on Vampire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR-pos12iTA

That set for All American Bitch with the band playing around her was really impressive. I don't watch it regularly, but when was the last time a musical guest had a set like that on SNL?

Yeah the non explicit album version is recorded with that. (It's the one my daughter listens to). As for AAB, I've seen some of the more "artistic" performances like Kanye that have minor set pieces but not quite like that. That was awesome

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I still feel like that version of Vampire is too restrained! The beat/drums is one of my fave parts of the song. I get that they have to be restrained a bit on a TDC though.

edit: Today show version (with the crowd singin' the cussy parts lol) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xrX7JaXP6k

I'm usually all for stripped down versions of songs but this one really is perfect the way it is on the album

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 11, 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I miss that poo poo. People playing around with the medium. Loved all the ARG poo poo from the early 2000s.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Barry Shitpeas posted:

After the disappointment of the new version of 1989, an album I actually love, I don't have much enthusiasm for either Reputation or Self Titled Debut. Can we just get this over with and go back to real albums?

Welp see you in April!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
She has tons of good songs just listen to them all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I don't know if anyone actually listens to cassettes the same way they do vinyl, but the appeal is mostly the same. It's just another fun physical way to collect things.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Bright Bart posted:

There's a company out there that makes records out of precious metals. So far you can only get "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind silver-plated for $450, gold-plated for $800, and solid gold for a price you have to enquire about but the market rate for that amount of gold is over $16,000 wholesale.

One song. Less than four minutes. Third. Eye. Blind.

There seems to be an entire company of several employees just coasting by selling silver and gold copies of Jumper for several hundreds and and tens of thousands of dollars. There's apparently a market out there big enough to support the enterprise.

That is ... bizarre. And even more bizarre that just yesterday I randomly stumbled on a live performance of Jumper on GMA just last month. (maybe there's a tie in there?)

Boy it did not sound good. He just doesn't have his voice anymore.

But also I listened to that album not too long ago and it still bangs. One of my favorite quintessential "90s" albums. Like 80% really good songs.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sir Lemming posted:

I don't think I'll ever get this, but whatever floats someone's boat I guess. I like having physical copies of media, but only if the quality is actually good and there's actually a potential use for it. A good-condition vinyl has potentially better audio fidelity than digital (even though in many cases that's purely theoretical at best, and perhaps also inaudible, especially with most stuff being digitally mastered to begin with). And I suppose you can also use it for other fun stuff like scratching. Plus the nice big cover art and liner notes. But cassettes are just... worse in every way. Smaller, noticeably worse-sounding, and even more prone to degradation.

I have had to stop buying vinyl lately because nobody seems to include digital downloads anymore, which sucks. No matter how fun vinyl is, I still need a version I can actually listen to the other 95% of the time.

in the end we're all just really magpies

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm not a GreenDay listener, but American Edit was an all timer for me. Here's a full rundown of all the edits included.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Edit

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Forgot Swift's new album is coming out Friday. Have their been any singles released? Are "no singles released" a normal thing for her?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I don't care about Tay Tay's lyrics. I just want some banging' melodies, a healthy serving of hooks and a dash of clever bridges.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'd consider my self a Swift fan. Not a huge swiftie but I enjoy her bops. The new album is... whatever. Not terrible not great. But *my god* the Swiftie reels that are on my insta are insanely cringe. Like... these people are very very unhealthily obsessed with 100% buying into the entire narrative and feeling like they need to protect her.

but they're also fun to watch so they keep popping up

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Dang Chappell Roan was scheduled to play the Ritz in Raleigh, but demand was so high they actually moved it to the Red Hat Amphitheater. (with all purchased tickets being honored). Can't remember last time seeing an artist be actually moved to a bigger venue after the ticket sale happened (but that's awesome and I wish more did it)

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I guess it helps both venues are in the same management chain (LN).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Escobarbarian posted:

Can’t fuckin wait for I Saw the TV Glow omg

keep hearing nothing but rave reviews for it