Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha I just randomly wandered into this thread and thought gently caress it I'll check the CRJ album out why not and WOW this is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The chorus of Good For You is irritatingly sexist. And overall it just seems like a very typical "look! i'm sexy now!" track.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if there's another thread where this is being discussed but the new Weeknd is out there now and at least the first 10 tracks are very good

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HorseRenoir posted:

I'm still of the very small segment of weirdos that thinks that Artpop is Gaga's best album (not counting Fame Monster)

Weirdos? But this is totally correct?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apparently the only time I can tolerate Ed Sheeran's songwriting is in a Justin Bieber song

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Macklemore over Kendrick is definitely the worst because it provoked Mack to write to Kendrick apologising and then screencap it/post it on Instagram so everyone knows he's Legit which is pretty much the lamest thing I've ever seen

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad it was an NHS choir and not some goddamn military wives or some such poo poo (also I basically live in Lewisham so represent etc)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I assume the worst line is either the Blurryface one or the WAKE UP YOU NEED DA MONEY one

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm not saying Work is necessarily good but I've been bumping it for the past 24 hours. Drake verse is hella bad though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ed Sheeran isn't totally terrible, but the song that won is. It's one of the most bland, lazy, cliched pop ballads ever recorded.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
looks like it ruled against her. what a bunch of poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Wait what? This verdict wasn't the verdict for the lawsuit against Sony? Like....are you sure?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hot on the heels of this Kanye poo poo Taylor announced New Romantics as a single. Her marketing team are geniuses.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Still listening but yeah it's real good. I love 6 Inch and Daddy Lessons.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No competition and plays on streaming services count towards the UK chart these days so people don't have to actively buy a thing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

"If this is that loving millennial whoop video aga-god dammit"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Artpop is genuinely my favourite Gaga work other than Fame Monster. I never really understood the dislike. It's so unique with so many cool sounds. Aura, Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want, Gypsy, and Applause at LEAST are excellent. Would be an even better album overall without the Donatella/Fashion!/Mary Jane Holland part too.

edit: however, I will totally admit it has one of the all-time terrible covers.

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 24, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's not bad. At first I got annoyed with how it constantly felt like it was about to take off and sound 'bigger' but never did, but now I can accept it as it is. So obviously a rejected Rihanna track though, even before I knew that was actually the case.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've definitely been waiting for Seeb or someone to get on it. I don't really like EDM at all but this is begging for a club remix.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No it's because they're skint because Ed Sheeran is just SO drat RELATABLE

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not heard the Katy song yet but it can't be as bad as Roar

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not a terrible chorus but otherwise super generic and oh my god so weird from Linkin Park

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The one LP song I can still play unironically is New Divide. That's from around the Thousand Suns era, right? May have to check the album out.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Coldplay are dogshit

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They've been on 'hiatus' for over a year.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rose-Colored Boy is pretty awesome.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Melodrama's out. It's cool

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A lot of Lorde tracks are definitely a grower. I don't know anyone who really liked Green Light the first time they heard it - pretty much everyone I saw said it had one too many sections and didn't fit together well - yet they all loved it a few days later.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dr. Luke isn't involved with Kemosabe anymore so being signed to them isn't anywhere near as much of an issue.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like the bit in Woman where she starts laughing at how stupid the lyric is

e: I'm actually listening to the album for the first time. It's really fuckin good!

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 12, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really enjoy the TS song except for the chorus and bridge. That whole "the old Taylor is dead" part is even more embarrassing than the album art. I'm sure it'll grow on me but I doubt I'll ever think that chorus is the best possible choice for the song.

Also I'm not exactly sure who she could deservedly have a grudge against. She was proven to be a liar about the Famous thing and I think basically the same happened with the Katy Perry dancers thing. So yeah it's white privilege as gently caress

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat that song is real bad

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah her talent and success has always lied more in hooks/melodies/being a shrewd marketer than her actual voice.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Way better than the last one but still not amazing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's absolutely crazy that Emma's EP was featured on screen as part of the Apple event man. Her stuff is pretty good but still trying to be Hayley Williams a lil much.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is he trying to poo poo on everyone for liking a singer he doesn't like? I don't really understand. Seriously can't tell if this is meant to be positive or negative hahah

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fall Out Boy released a new song - The Last Of The Real Ones - and it's a billion times better than the other two songs released from their new album so far. It's more of a rock song but given they're totally a pop band overall these days I'd say it deserves to be in here

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mitski, RTJ and Lorde.....I might move to New York

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like Ready For It? still but yeah this one is 'ok' at absolute best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m not fussed overall but there are some good tracks. I really enjoy Call It What You Want.