Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

pug wearing a hat posted:

Icona Pop is performing at my college this evening and I won't be there :(

I'm addicted to "I love it".

And "C'mon," by Ke$ha. I will dance like a fool to that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

I've been listening to Top 40 radio a little bit recently, and I'm kinda impressed at the number of songs that I hear regularly that I really like. I mean, I'd been waiting for 20/20 Experience and Random Access Memories, so I know the Timberlake/Daft Punk songs already, but stuff like Clarity, or that new Jason DeRulo (for whatever reason, I've always liked his songs) have a really nice almost trance-y sound to them. That kind of beat getting bigger and more popular is exciting for me.

edit: That said, Roar blows and I hate it and hate listening to it.

I noticed something similar. Back in high school (about 10 ish years) ago I was going through a punk phase and hated all the nu metal or whatever poo poo that was top 40 at the time but now that EDM is popular and influencing top 40 I'd gladly blast some gaga, kesha, miley, or david guetta on the way to work.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not sure I'm sold on the vocals but the production on "work bitch" is loving phenomenal.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Little of column A, little of column B. I like that song way better than gagnam or the fox. It's super catchy, and as a mid 20s male, I've said or done some of the poo poo in that song. I can relate.

On another note, I saw Miley in concert last night. She puts on a pretty elaborate, crazy show. She 's a really good performer and it was really great. Icona Pop was really good too, but their set was super short.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

She sounds like a female 2chainz or something. I kinda like this one actually. And yeah, the hook is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

Did Sky Ferriera perform? I know she hosed her leg up early in the tour, I hope she's OK.

No she didn't perform.