Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Timid posted:

Anyone hear that new single Avril Lavigne put out? It's called 'Never growing up' or something.

I just listened to it, and it's really not that bad. All of Lavigne's songs are pretty satisfactory though.

Any thoughts about it, or about her?

The way she pronounces "boom box" in that song is crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Christmas Jones posted:

The new single by The Sounds isn't my favorite by them, but it's really growing on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7TGk9hjcbI

It's okay but it's no Fire or Hope You're Happy Now, that's for sure

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Christmas Jones posted:

The Sounds are one of my favorite bands, but I don't think they'll ever top their first album either. I love it from start to finish. The good news is that I think every album since then has had at least a couple stand out tracks, like "Hurt You" or "Midnight Sun" or "Dance With the Devil."

Yea, the other stuff ain't bad Dying to say this to you has some good tracks on it for sure, Hurt You being one them as you said, that first stuff is just killer from start to finish. Rubicon is where they kinda lost me but maybe I need to give that album another listen. Also, if you like The Sounds you might also like Robyn, tho you probably didn't need me to tell you this.