Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Don’t care for Man of the Woods, personally. Probably two or three songs I can see playing again, which I guess isn’t too bad for an album, but most of the rest of it gave me the vibe that it was very Starbucks, or more to the point a lot was basically country hiding behind a thin bland r&b wrapper. Which I get, but I’ll pass.

I also get the weirdly strong feeling that clips from Montana will be in a car commercial within a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

exquisite tea posted:

I thought Gloria was a Blondie song for like, the first 32 years of my life.
So you’re the guy that named all the Napster songs?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Sudbina posted:

"Psycho Girl" by Lisa May sounds familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC9NnVQR7IY
That’s sweet.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That Calvin Harris album is called Funk Wave Bounces, by the way.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Juice is a good pop song.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Gaius Marius posted:

Might wanna timg that, But also lol, really doing anything to save his sinking ship of a career
Sinking ship that had songs peak on the Billboard charts at 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 8 plus a handful more in the top 100 all in 2020?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I Think it's something to do with the structure of the first verse and the chorus.
Right. This one feels like it has two two-measure leadins to the chorus. Most pop songs would either have the “come back around, come back around” or the “all I ever wanted was you” but not both.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

^burtle posted:

I don’t have the music technical knowledge to explain why I feel this way but I’m 6 tracks into Funk Wav 2 and I feel like I’m waiting for Frank Ocean’s Slide hook on each one.
I see that. Both albums seem to have a lot of songs at roughly the same tempo, with roughly the same “four on the floor bass drum/snare on 2 and 4” beat, and a similar laid back grooving feeling. They’re both very good summer chill pop albums in my opinion. Near the top of the list for “chillin' by the pool” music.

But it’s also slightly amusing you basically said “I’m listening to Funk Wave Bounces Vol. 2 by Calvin Harris and it feels a lot like this song from Funk Wave Bounces Vol. 1 by Calvin Harris”. :v:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They didn’t say they never heard of her, just that they couldn’t identify her or name any of her songs.

Saying “Yes I’ve heard of Taylor Swift and oh yeah I know that song Shake It Off but I never knew the two went together” isn’t really that outrageous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
The famed assless chap.