Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Girls Aloud loving rule and I will fight everyone who disagrees.
Their singles boxset is literally the best singles compilation in existence also. I hope their album/b-side/live collection coming out in May has unreleased stusio tracks, but knowing Fascination...urgh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sprat Sandwich posted:

About time with the b-sides, though. Oh and a HD videos release would be nice for closer examination of all the £50 choreography.

I doubt any of their videos before Out Of Control were in HD, and to be honest; I'm not entirely too sure that they were, either.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Anyone here into Ellie Goulding? It's been really difficult to pin down much of a community for her online that doesn't do anything but tumblr likes and twitter retweets. There's no forums for her at all that I would describe as alive. Maybe there isn't much to say about her, I guess.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sai-kun posted:

It seems like for every track that's loving incredible on it (Figure 8, Only You, Without Your Love), there's a track that's just horrendous (Explosions, Atlantis, JOY). She is really good live though, and if you have the chance, I'd definitely check her out.
I actually love all of those tracks you mentioned just about equally, the only track that I'd consider skipping is I Know You Care...it just doesn't go anywhere. Explosions has actually been getting some good UK sales due to appearing in that ITV drama spot, which pleases me no end.

And consider me in the minority, but the Tinie Tempahless version of Hanging On is all the worse for his exclusion. Feels so empty, but I guess enough fans complained about his rap to have it removed from the regular tracklisting. I've seen her live twice so far!

Have you heard the Halcyon bonus tracks Stay Awake (produced by Madeon) and The Ending?

DominoDancing posted:

I love Marina! The more playful and upbeat side of her first album is great (as in "Oh No": http://vimeo.com/35350145), and it while it took me a while to get into the quite a bit darker, electronic Electra Heart it's just as good. Can't wait to see where she goes from here.

Electra Heart was meant to be a side project but her label wouldn't allow it. Power & Control is a bloody tune and that recently released E.V.O.L is just fantastic. I do much prefer it to her debut album, which just was all over the place for me. I can understand why others would like it, but it's all too zany and wild for actually enjoy properly.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It does own, but it only exists on the most expensive versions of the albums, one that isn't available to buy anymore in America and the £22.50 one from her UK store. I had to buy Halcyon so many times to get the all of the tracks, a stark difference from the 2 Lights' iTunes and CD versions at launch.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Dammit, Girls Aloud. You all know that you're better together. Pop needs you!

Edit: Nadine fires the first shot.

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 21, 2013

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Zedd posted:

This post made me very confused until I looked up Zedd.
I thought you were thinking of Lord Zedd until I noticed your username.

"After 10,000 years I'm free...time to conquer pop!"

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Nike just dropped a free Ellie Goulding Halcyon Remix album mix here for those who like to run...or enjoy remixes. Only You remix is incredible.

01 (Intro) My Blood (Kastle Remix)
02 Anything Could Happen (Birdy Nam Nam Remix)
03 My Blood (Kastle Remix)
04 Dead in the Water (Drop Lamond Remix)
05 Hanging On (Ahadadream Remix)
06 Without Your Love (Amtrac Remix)
07 Figure 8 (Toyboy & Robin Remix)
08 Don’t Say a Word (Star Slinger Remix)
09 Only You (Special Features Remix)
10 Explosions (Stay Positive Remix)
11 Atlantis (Everything Everything Remix)
12 Halcyon (FTSE Remix)

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Ellie's done a cover of Alt-J's Tessellate; produced by Xaphoon Jones here.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
About time! It's been 4 years since Don't Stop came out. Also for more August news: Ellie's new single "Burn" will be out then and a new song of hers "You My Everything" was premiered on the end of Skins last night here.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sai-kun posted:

Wow, I'm liking that sample of You My Everything. Daaaaang that'll be nice in high quality.

What's up with already doing new songs though? She only had 3 singles off of Halcyon and it hasn't even been a year. I would have liked to see Halcyon or Only You as single. Hell, even Don't Say A Word would be cool.

I hope she releases an official Halcyon Remixed album. I really loved the mixtape, but I want the tracks in higher quality!

fake edit: The Ending would have made the best single ever. I'm still surprised as gently caress that it never made it onto the real album.

It's not really a whole lot different than her Lights release schedule, to compare:

[2009-11-09] Under the Sheets
[2010-02-22] Starry Eyed
[2010-03-01] Lights (Album)
[2010-05-17] Guns and Horses
[2010-08-08] The Writer
[2010-11-12] Your Song (Bright Lights single)
[2010-11-29] Bright Lights (273 days after Lights)
[2011-03-08] Lights (Bright Lights single)

[2012-09-30] Anything Could Happen
[2012-10-08] Halcyon
[2012-12-16] Figure 8
[2013-03-04] Explosions
[2013-08-11] Burn (Halcyon re-release single)
[2013-08-25] Assumed Halcyon re-release date (321 days after Halcyon)

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 2, 2013

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Apologies for the double post but Ellie posted Burn onto her Soundcloud! Turns out it was a Leona Lewis song that didn't make it to her latest album and was written by Ryan Tedder, Michael Kutzle and Noel Zancanella.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Pop pop pop pop!

Annie - Back Together

Mutya Keisha Siobhan - Flatline

Full version of Ellie's You, My Everything

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Turns out V V Brown's new album is incredible. This article persuaded me to buy it and I'm so glad I did.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Spiteski posted:

This is the best news! And after listening a time or two, her new song has grown on me.
Strangely enough, Ellie Goulding music always ALWAYS starts the same. I hear it - hate it - don't mind it - love it.

Have you heard Ellie's new song for the Catching Fire soundtrack? http://elliesjoy.tumblr.com/post/66779099911/mirror-ellie-goulding-from-the-hunger-games

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Heard that Rude song for the first time today. How is that song such a hit. It sounds like a Train/OneRepublic reject. Terrible, just terrible

I was in New Zealand last month and it was being played non-stop. I'd be happy never to hear it again.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I thought her first album blew. It blew even more after knowing how good a popstar she could be with Electra Heart. Zany and unfocused with pointless vocal gymnastics.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Eh, the singles were good but I've not felt the slightest need to revisit it when I don't enjoy the overall experience of the album. It's just an overload.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
All About That Static.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Calvin Harris/Ellie Goulding's Outside has a pretty arse video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9NQFACZYEU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Samye Smest.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Zochness posted:

Just came on here to post this, and knew you had posted it before I even clicked the link.

You should turn on the "Show video embedded in posts with the [video] tag?" settings in the forum options, weirdo.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Petty indeed.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It's a pretty video that I don't want to watch more than once in my life. Disappointing.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I haven't heard it yet, but do they really have to keep the album 3 months away in the UK?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Holy balls the new Carly Rae Jepsen album is good. Why did they have to gently caress up the release date?

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Sam is such a disappointment. He's been downhill since Latch.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Ellie Goulding's cover of Tessellate has a great sax solo in it.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Dead man charting.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Christmas will officially begin with this Wham! cover on Friday.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Xtanstic posted:

I've only recently discovered the thread. I read the last few pages and I'm struggling to enjoy CRJ's Emotion? It feels solid but unspectacular. I really enjoyed "I Really Like You" and "Call Me Maybe" so I don't get it. I'm giving it another go right now...

Make sure it's the deluxe or Target edition you're listening to. The standard version is almost an insult of a release when the extra tracks add so much.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
You can download the new Rihanna album in MP3 or FLAC for free from Tidal. http://rihanna.tidal.com/redeem/?voucher=ANTI

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
New The Knocks song Love Me Like That (feat. Carly Rae Jepsen).

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Not me. I would've also said best album of 2016 too.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Carly is a goddess but she had to sacrifice style and her long hair to get it.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I do like that song but I can't help but think she sounds like a female Brandon Flowers, especially on the chorus.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Well, it's not new really. It's on their latest album and this version just adds Hailey onto it.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
New Broods album is killer.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Store is the perfect song to abandon a pregnant girlfriend to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It's a bad song. The message is so boring and it's definitely not going to get me swaying to its distorted zombie beats.