Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I usually don’t like remix albums that much, but the Dawn of Chromatica album is actually really fun!

Didn’t care for Alice and a couple others but 911, Replay, Free Woman with Rina Sawayama, Enigma, Plastic Doll and Bree Runway on Babylon are all really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Rageaholic posted:

Really? I liked Chromatica a lot but I'm listening to Dawn of Chromatica now and I'm not feeling this at all. 911 is the first one I've thought was neat but I'd still prefer to listen to the original.

My first listen I wasn’t feeling it but I think I was just so used to the original songs it was a bit off putting but after a few listens I almost prefer some of the remixed songs more. I think the original album is really underrated though , but yeah, I’m into some of these remixes. Plastic Doll, Free Woman, 911, Sour Candy, even Stupid Love. Good stuff.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Well *I* think the Miley / Metallica collab is GREAT. Take that nerds.

(I want her to do a full album like this)

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Hello had more elements to a SMASH single - iconic intro ( “Hello, It’s me” ) , bridge that leads to a powerful chorus.

This song doesn’t have a lot of memorable moments- it’s just Adele in her element, and you won’t get too many people complaining about it. I don’t think Adele really needs to reinvent herself, what she does, she does remarkably well.

Timeless is how I’d describe her music.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Random access memories is an interesting comparison - I remember being let down initially when listening to RAM because it didn’t have the “bangers” I was expecting from a Daft Punk record but once it clicked and grew on me it’s one of my favorites from them.

I don’t know how I feel yet about this record- I appreciate the cohesiveness and the production is honestly stellar but like- almost the entire last half of the album uses the same drum sample and things start to feel super same-y.

Gasoline slaps, and I love How Do I Make You Love Me? , Out of Time, Best Friends, and Less Than Zero.

A lot of filler on first listen but it might be a grower- we’ll see!

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

The production is great, her voice sounds good but if you held a gun to my head and asked me to hum the melodies I would be dead. Kinda weird too because I enjoyed listening to it, but I literally cant tell you how any of the songs go except Break My Soul and Summer Renaissance (because the I Feel Love sample is so iconic)

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Lavender Haze is so good! Also digging Anti-Hero, and Mastermind.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I’m surprised people like this new Kesha album, it’s easily her worst project yet for me. Wish her the best and everything but this is so bad.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I like the new Olivia song but it sounds like a rehash of Happier Than Ever. Still good tho.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Troye Sivan just dropped the best pop song this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53QJYP-lqY

Love this so much.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Y’all …. This new Britney track. I ……have no words.

What the gently caress is this poo poo? ☠️☠️

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Based on the evidence I don’t think she’s innocent in most of these allegations but to be fair on the lawyer choice he also represents people like Oprah, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Zooey Deschanel, Bruce Willis etc - he’s just a giant Hollywood lawyer in general.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Gaius Marius posted:

Arnold sexually harassed women all the time.

Oh? I didn't know that- I'm just keeping it general- lawyers in general are scummy and represent both decent and terrible people. But anyway, don't wanna derail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

New Slayyyter album is phenomenal

Giving me Kim Petras vibes but better.