Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

(click the image!)

So, What is this Paranatural thing anyway?

Well, in the words of author Zack Morrison:

quote:

Paranatural is best described as “X-Men meets Ghostbusters except everyone’s twelve.” It’s a comedy/action comic about a group of middle school kids with ghostly superpowers fighting evil spirits and investigating paranormal activity in their hometown. Paranatural began in the summer of 2010 and, as of 2012, updates Fridays.

Lots of comics say they are "comedy/action". What makes it special?

Don't just rely in me, let's see what goons have to say.

Oxxidation posted:

I love this comic so much I want to give it kisses.

That good enough?

After a year of semi-erratic comic postings (including a break for almost a month to build an ark) we finally have a set update schedule! They have been great at keeping it up so far, even in the face of family holidays or computer mishaps.

The wait for updates was lessened, finally, as Paranatural is now updating Mondays Tuesdays in addition to fridays, making for twice the goodness each week!

Further Links:
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack
-zack's twitter, where they will talk to people and showcase their real masterwork Supernormal, as well as comic news and events too small to get a full newspost.

http://firstnamezacklastnamemorrison.tumblr.com/ - their tumblr, featuring bonus drawings and the incredible adventures of TEENZACK
w4gDLRe46w0- watch zack draw!

http://midnighttelevision.deviantart.com/
-zack's former deviantart, contains all the comics created so far, plus tons of banners and bonus material. It's all good.
All these links are dead now

Give Zack Money

:siren:PATREON for unfinished sketches, secret projects, etc. You know you want to!

Who doesn't want 'clothing' brand t-shirts. You can buy them at the Paranatural store!
Donate and receive a cool wallpaper!

More stuff to come. Any suggestions?

Have fun!

tinaun fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This is pretty well my favorite comic on the internet right now! Hurray!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is pretty well my favorite comic on the internet right now! Hurray!

I adore this comic...shame it only updates on fridays. I guess this will be the premier Thank Goodness It's Friday Thread.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

There was a month long pause to build an ark?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
That time-lapse video of him drawing a page still blows my mind every time I watch it.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I can forgive the sparse updates, though. Zack Morrison is, like, 19 or something and he's focusing on school so good on him. Also, I tweeted at him a few times and he's a big ol' sweety.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Pester posted:

There was a month long pause to build an ark?

Yeah, dude was involved in a stage production or something like that and building this ark for it took up like all his time, IIRC.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Paranatural blew my mind so hard my hair dye liquified.

It has powers. Super powers. Superfly powers. There is nothing this comic can't do.

Also it reminds me of Earthbound and that's never bad. :3:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
White-noise posting to give this comic another thumbs-up :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The fact that this comic updates only once a week causes me physical pain.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
This comic. :allears: I love his utter dedication to destroying everything cliché. And his face-drawing skills. :v:

Azran fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 6, 2018

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Avant-garde bullyism is a thing that needs an essay.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

ThatPazuzu posted:

I can forgive the sparse updates, though. Zack Morrison is, like, 19 or something and he's focusing on school so good on him. Also, I tweeted at him a few times and he's a big ol' sweety.

His shoutout to his grandma for helping him scan in a page a few updates ago was the most :3: thing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

edit: nevermind I'm dumb.

Anyways, I bet Johnny's got some wacky superpowers headed his way.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Hey Johnny, should more people read this comic?

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!
Johnny is the light of my life. Also Suzy, to a slightly lesser degree.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
gently caress yeah, this thread is just what is needed.

Seriously, Paranatural absolutely owns. Good plotting, great art, amazing dialogue, and the creator is like fresh out of high school.

I don't like using the word "talent" because it implies that the person didn't bust their rear end for the level of skill that they have. But this good, this young? That's a drat gift, and I am really looking forward to what he will crank out after he has had those years of work to hone his skill.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, holy poo poo, I'm so happy I started reading this.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Make sure to always read the alt text. :buddy:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'd buy a good portion of the clothes Zack Morrison designs. I would wear the "CLOTHING" shirt to tatters.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I agree. To the extent that the webcomic business is pretty much actually the shirt business, I think there's a lot of profit potential here. Somebody get him on the line with Topatoco.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What I like best about the art in Paranatural is how animated it feels. Stuff like this:

Also my favorite Johnny line:

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Meowjesty posted:

Make sure to always read the alt text. :buddy:

Crap. Now I gotta make some hot chocolate and start over from the beginning :argh:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

Crap. Now I gotta make some hot chocolate and start over from the beginning :argh:

And that's a bad thing?

Edit:
We can't post Johnny quotes and not mention "It is me. I am the kick man. Let me kick you."

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 30, 2013

Guesticles
Dec 21, 2009

I AM CURRENTLY JACKING OFF TO PICTURES OF MUTILATED FEMALE CORPSES, IT'S ALL VERY DEEP AND SOPHISTICATED BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING HIGHBROW FOR YOU NON-MISOGYNISTS TO UNDERSTAND

:siren:P.S. STILL COMPLETELY DEVOID OF MERIT:siren:
Did anyone link to the side comics yet?

Edit: VVVV Ah, there they there, in the twitter section.

Guesticles fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 30, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Johnny has such the best lines. :allears:

Read this thing!

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Guesticles posted:

Did anyone link to the side comics yet?

Yeah, they are in the OP. Adding some of my favorite faces too.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
For those who don't want to have to dig through twitter:

http://twitpic.com/a8w057
http://twitpic.com/aecrmn
http://twitpic.com/boo7qj
http://twitpic.com/bwz224

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

This comic is such a dream, I'm glad that goons post about it. :)

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Oh my god, those are great!

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Found this comic thanks to this thread. Proceeded to read all of it. Now I'm caught up and have to wait like the rest of you plebes. Thanks, you awesome jerk.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Madrox posted:

Found this comic thanks to this thread. Proceeded to read all of it. Now I'm caught up and have to wait like the rest of you plebes. Thanks, you awesome jerk.

Yeah but did you read the mouseover text that starts sometime after the beginning of the comic?

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Not nearly enough Suzy adulation in this thread.

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 30, 2013

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Paranatural owns, everyone should read it, blah blah blah, you know the drill.

Anyways, the thread title should read Paranatural: A Primer on Avant-Garde Bullying to better reflect the main/best content in the comic.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm undecided if Suzy is treating Max like that because she's driven by her journalistic desire to shine a light on the dark in the corners of the school... Or because she's trying to hide a crush on him.

Probably both.

Edit: Also, the person who deserves more love is Jeff.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ain't no TIME for crushes when you're on the cutting edge of journalistic breakthroughs!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Suzy and Johnny are both amazing. They should grow up to make a kid together. Their offspring would be the Kwisatz Haderach of hilarious obnoxiousness.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I can't wait to see all of them form a team, it will probably happen and it's gonna be glorious.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
It's probably worth noting that the comic starts a little slow; the first few pages in particular have very little of the charm that the rest of the comic oozes, both from the art and the writing. By halfway through the first chapter it's in full swing, though, and from then on it's hard to put down!

Basically it is a Good Comic and I want more. All the time. Zack draw the comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Numero6 posted:

I can't wait to see all of them form a team, it will probably happen and it's gonna be glorious.

For what it's worth, Zack has said that Johnny is just going to get the most annoying power ever.