Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

But the buses are arriving! Won't Johnny and Ollie be late for school? :ohdear:

They're cutting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Did the Doorman copy his uniform from modern doormen, or was it the other way 'round?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if he was anticipating it or if he was hoping to hold revelations back for later.

It's the internet. If he went through the effort of creating a crackable cipher, he had to have done so anticipating it would be cracked. If he was hoping to hold back revelations he would have used gibberish.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MikeJF posted:

So I guess the policy will be ciphered stuff and speculation is spoilered?

Eh, I wouldn't spoiler speculation. That just gets messy really quickly.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Brannock posted:

Eh, I wouldn't spoiler speculation. That just gets messy really quickly.

I meant speculation based on the contents of the cipher.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Fried Chicken posted:

But the buses are arriving! Won't Johnny and Ollie be late for school? :ohdear:

Buses? Oh! You mean those mere tubes of screaming children.

I can see why he's hiding though - if there was some magic world-ending mcguffin or something a guy could just force themselves right through doorman to reach it and cause the end of the world. It would probably be Johnny.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

scarycave posted:

I can see why he's hiding though - if there was some magic world-ending mcguffin or something a guy could just force themselves right through doorman to reach it and cause the end of the world. It would probably be Johnny.

Nah, Johnny would be too busy thinking up weird names to call him. Or playing some sort of bizarre game of kickball with his shiny head. Or stealing his hat.

If anyone would end the world, it would be Collin. It's the only escape from the madness.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

A big flaming stink posted:

I read some pretty cool speculation that the snake spirit is actually a hydra spirit. That would make the "But I didn't end up with the sense of humor" more apt if the speaker is referring different heads. Plus that may be the "faction" he speaks of.

My initial thought is that the spirit adopts some, but not all, parts of its host's personality and the "sense of humor" in question is Max's. It could be basically anything at this point, though.

The dialog in this comic never fails to impress. At first I thought the author was just really good at goofy banter but he knocks it out of the park when the characters are using relatively severe speech patterns, too.

e: A thought just occurred to me: Doorman's reference to "word games and riddles" apparently refers to whatever "faction" Max's spirit belongs to. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but the fact that we just met a ghost with a particular fondness for riddles can't be a coincidence, right?

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 3, 2013

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The sphinx is a spirit, not a ghost.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Anyone want to bet that the "others" the sphinx was talking about was one of these God factions?
If that's true theirs probably going to be a faction for various mythologies - Egyptian, Greek, Arabic, Norse etc.
Though I guess its far to early to tell just yet.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Cat Mattress posted:

The sphinx is a spirit, not a ghost.

Not gonna lie, I'm so used to using them interchangeably that I doubt I'll get it straight any time soon.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I hope it doesn't get too confusing and become a Homestuck thing that requires a ton of explination. I mean, it's already a little complicated, I just don't want a dozen factions or whatever.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I think it would probably just be a thing where there are a bunch of factions but most of them don't matter and you'll only hear about the relevant ones. It would take a lot of effort to make a clusterfuck as big as Homestuck, and I think Zack's a smart enough guy to avoid it.

Also, that sweaty doorknob is gross.

Posture Pal
Nov 22, 2007

http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-40/

Oh hey, look what updated today

Those faces in the last panel, holy poo poo

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-40/

This comic still has the best faces.

E: f;b. But apparently the comic's now updating on Mondays and Fridays. That's awesome.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 5, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It really does.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That third donation wallpaper thumbnail is the purest beauty I have ever known.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Forget the newest page, donate to get the most incredible wallpaper on the planet

http://paranatural.net/extras/wallpapers/

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

e: ^^^OH MY GOB.

Brannock posted:

I wonder what the announcement will be. Twice-weekly Paranatural? Kickstarter? God I hope so :allears:

Give the man a prize!

'Habeus a gosh dang corpus' is a pretty amazing use of the phrase. :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ahahaha.

Edit: Oh, that's cool. He's got a link to the wallpapers for people that can't/don't/won't donate. Still planning on tossing :10bux: or :20bux: his way here soon though.

Edit Edit: Oh, man. You need to check out the full versions of the wallpapers. Get a preview of Isaac's spirit!

Onean fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 5, 2013

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

We need a serious goonrush on that comicmix contest. He has a link in today's blurb.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Paranatural is updating Mondays AND Fridays now? :holy:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Click it, you scallion!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gosh dang this is the best news.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 5, 2013

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Oh man, so much good news.

wiegieman posted:

We need a serious goonrush on that comicmix contest. He has a link in today's blurb.

Here are the current standings for the top 10 ("The top 128 vote getters make it into the tournament, with the biggest getting top seeds."):

quote:

Ava’s Demon (38%, 1,346 Votes)
Homestuck (31%, 1,098 Votes)
Gunnerkrigg Court (18%, 614 Votes)
Cucumber Quest (13%, 458 Votes)
xkcd (11%, 392 Votes)
Grrl Power (11%, 370 Votes)
Paranatural (9%, 326 Votes)
Lackadaisy (9%, 319 Votes)
Questionable Content (8%, 282 Votes)
Girl Genius (8%, 265 Votes)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Anything to knock Homestuck down a couple of pegs.

If that clusterfuck wins the tournament overall then the good times are over.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 5, 2013

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yes, whatever will we do when the really popular thing wins the meaningless popularity contest?

It'll be good to grab P-nats some publicity though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yes, whatever will we do when the really popular thing wins the meaningless popularity contest?

It'll be good to grab P-nats some publicity though.
Fair enough. I just don't like being reminded Homestuck is a thing, really.

All for paranatural getting a few more places though. Ava's Demon keeping the top seeding spot would be awesome too.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I'm unreasonably offended that anything with two adjacent Rs is above Paranatural.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Incidentally, I want to work in "Outrank my fist!" into my everyday talk. I really do.

wiegieman posted:

I'm unreasonably offended that anything with two adjacent Rs is above Paranatural.

Well. Vote and change that. Simple as, really.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Mar 5, 2013

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

I had to choose between Gunnerkrigg Court and Paranatural for that dumb voting thing.

I chose Paranatural. :ohdear:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Meowjesty posted:

I had to choose between Gunnerkrigg Court and Paranatural for that dumb voting thing.

To be fair, If it was an option (in that I could have voted for more than one), I would have voted for Ava's Demon.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Meowjesty posted:

You do realize it was multiple selection boxes, right?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

pik_d posted:

You do realize it was multiple selection boxes, right?

Yeah, this is just for picking the top 128 to go onto the actual bracket. The actual voting will happen later.

These wallpapers are freaking awesome.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Really? When I selected more than one, I got an error message saying I could only vote for one.

I thought the use of the multiple-selection boxes was just a mean trick. :saddowns:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tinaun posted:

Yeah, this is just for picking the top 128 to go onto the actual bracket. The actual voting will happen later.

These wallpapers are freaking awesome.

Oh I thought he was talking about choosing between them for this voting.

Edit: Oh dear. It let me select more than one in Chrome and even had all the ones that I voted for bolded.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Meowjesty posted:

Man, I voted for a bunch of comics, and both Paranatural and Gunnerkrigg Court were among those. There's no limit to how many boxes you can tick before clicking the vote button. (Or if there is one, it'll be at 128.)

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Yeah, it might just be certain browsers that don't let more than one vote register. I was able to vote for Paranatural, Gunnerkrigg Court and Cucumber Quest (among others) with no problem when using Firefox. Paranatural was up to #5 when I voted, placing behind Ava's Demon, Homestuck, GC and Cucumber Quest. No worries about it not getting a good seed, I guess.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I could only choose one.
I voted Paranatural because whilst I regard Gunnerkrigg better Paranatural deserves exposure and Gunnerkrigg's pretty well represented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Voting's nice but what's this tidbit about a "cousinhood"?
Some kind of secret Templar order of mediums?