Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So, how many of you caught why the line "Wow, rude!? Golden rule, Issac!" was brilliant? It took me a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

readingatwork posted:

So, how many of you caught why the line "Wow, rude!? Golden rule, Issac!" was brilliant? It took me a few.

Spell it out for me

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Fried Chicken posted:

Spell it out for me

Isaac's line "In the loose sense of the word, sure" was actually a subtle reference to this interaction:

http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-3/

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 11, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Okay, yeah, that changes the reading of the sentence completely. Nice.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

readingatwork posted:

Isaac's line "In the loose sense of the word, sure" was actually a subtle reference to this interaction:

http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-3/

I thought I got it before, but I don't get it now! Welp.

Syphilicious! posted:

"Quads again squads again" is pretty much explicit admission that there was a fourth dude ain't it?

Max, Isabel, Isaac, Ed. Quads!

Dimitri may indeed be involved with the Activity Club somehow, but this sentence makes it clear that he's not a member.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

PleasingFungus posted:

Max, Isabel, Isaac, Ed. Quads!

Dimitri may indeed be involved with the Activity Club somehow, but this sentence makes it clear that he's not a member.

Dimitri is not a current member but if he was then it would have been him, Isabel, Isaac, and Ed. He's pretty much stating that there was another forth member before Max and it's been hinted that Dimitri, the character we saw in like three pages, was it.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

PleasingFungus posted:

Sarcasm or Irony, take your pick! It also depends on whether Max remembers what he said earlier that morning or not.

(Oh man, PicPick is wonderful! Why haven't I heard of this before? It's even got a portableapps version.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 12, 2013

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd buy a poster, but I'd rather see a poster of just the cool trippy landscapes that he keeps putting in the backrounds of walking scenes.

I emailed sayin' so, too. Cuz like that's what I would rather buy a poster of.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
New comic. Blah blah.

"Grudge process" sounds pretty interesting. "Spiritual linguistics" suggests that he likely could communicate with Doorman, or anyone else who speaks that language.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That last panel is amazing.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Mr. Spender is pretty great in panels 2-5. Also, Isaac's facial expressions continue to be excellent.

http://www.comicmix.com/mix-march-m...ics-tournament/

Good news: Paranatural managed to make it to round 3 of this webcomic tournament thing.

Bad news: It's currently losing badly to Sandra and Woo, with only 38% of the vote.

Voting ends tonight at 9pm EDT. Time to raise hell and annoy your friends to vote for Paranatural. Either that or abuse the poo poo out of the "donate money, get votes" system they have in place. I plan on doing the latter, because I love this comic and I'm terrible with money.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nick_326 posted:

Mr. Spender is pretty great in panels 2-5. Also, Isaac's facial expressions continue to be excellent.

http://www.comicmix.com/mix-march-m...ics-tournament/

Good news: Paranatural managed to make it to round 3 of this webcomic tournament thing.

Bad news: It's currently losing badly to Sandra and Woo, with only 38% of the vote.

Voting ends tonight at 9pm EDT. Time to raise hell and annoy your friends to vote for Paranatural. Either that or abuse the poo poo out of the "donate money, get votes" system they have in place. I plan on doing the latter, because I love this comic and I'm terrible with money.

Sandra and Woo seems like a godawful gag-a-day comic. Am I wrong?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

rotinaj posted:

Sandra and Woo seems like a godawful gag-a-day comic. Am I wrong?

It's not really gag-a-day, but otherwise you aren't wrong.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Supernormal #5 is out!

tinaun fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 18, 2013

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Foreshadowing.

Cody, seemingly the most (read: only) normal person in Mayview, is a devious criminal mastermind.

Crosscontaminant
Jan 18, 2007

The fact that when I went to link that site with my Twitter account it wanted to be able to post tweets for me and a bunch of other privileges (basically everything but seeing my password) set off alarm bells - it's a random site for voting on comics, why does it need to be able to post tweets for me?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

tinaun posted:

Supernormal #5 is out!

The 'correct' word seems to be Aqualung. More foreshadowing? (...probably not?)

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 18, 2013

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Crosscontaminant posted:

The fact that when I went to link that site with my Twitter account it wanted to be able to post tweets for me and a bunch of other privileges (basically everything but seeing my password) set off alarm bells - it's a random site for voting on comics, why does it need to be able to post tweets for me?
Presumably it wants to be able to tweet "I just voted in this poll and you should too!"

I've pretty much stopped voting in online polls, they always want to install some sketchy app on my Facebook profile. Eff that ess.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tinaun posted:

Supernormal #5 is out!

*image struck out*

I think that might be image leeching...

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-44/

Max's sarcasm and Isaac's frustration are the best things.

Sad news: Paranatural is out of the tournament. I blame all of you for this. Ah well, time to put all my votes into Cucumber Que-oh wow that lost to something called "Weregeek" oh my god this contest is such bullshit.

Nick_326 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 19, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god Isaac on the last panel is unreal.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I can now see why Isaac hates Mr. Splenda. Dude's like the Tuxedo Mask of Paranatural.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I think we are kinda glossing over the fact the dude just caught a bolt of lightning and disposed of it like it was NBD. He didn't even shift to dodge or catch, just calmly accepted and got rid of it, with all the drama of going to the store for milk.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Well yeah that's what you do when someone shoots lightning at you.

The bigger concern is that Isaac broke his vow of violence. :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Meowjesty posted:

The bigger concern is that Isaac broke his vow of violence. :colbert:

Quite honestly I don't think Doorman would blame him. Gandhi would probably be trying to punch Spender by now.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Isaac is hilarious, Mr. Spender is such an rear end but it is weird that Isaac is probably the only one that is left out about the mysteries.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Numero6 posted:

Isaac is hilarious, Mr. Spender is such an rear end but it is weird that Isaac is probably the only one that is left out about the mysteries.

From how it sounded earlier, it's not really that he's left out, but Isabel and Ed just don't care about any of that as long as they get to fight spirits and play with superpowers.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Zerilan posted:

From how it sounded earlier, it's not really that he's left out, but Isabel and Ed just don't care about any of that as long as they get to fight spirits and play with superpowers.

Oh right, yeah that makes more sense.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Well, Isabel just wants to fight. No one knows what the gently caress Ed wants. I think Ed wants an automobile with bagels for wheels.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zerilan posted:

And Max doesn't care that much as long as he gets to land sweet burns on people.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You're glossing over the fact that Isaac musta been practicing in the mirror with an old copy of Speed Racer to pull off that reaction in panel 9. poo poo's uncanny.

e: VVVV Yes that

Phy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 19, 2013

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Hand over the keys Isaac, you're way too anime to drive.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It is possible to unredact the text in the last panel.

Dunno if that was an accident or deliberate. Still, here we go.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fried Chicken posted:

I think we are kinda glossing over the fact the dude just caught a bolt of lightning and disposed of it like it was NBD. He didn't even shift to dodge or catch, just calmly accepted and got rid of it, with all the drama of going to the store for milk.

Turned it into light, if the glow coming from his hand is any indication. And I think there've been hints in the past too that Mr. Spender has Light-based powers.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

MikeJF posted:

Huh. This, combined with the stuff Isaac listed off in today's comic (guys in weird suits? mooks at Isabel's place?) makes me think something bigger is definitely going on behind the scenes, and Isaac's ghost seems to be a part of it.

Edit: Oh hey, I just noticed something: In panel two of today's comic, on the couch by Isaac's backpack, there appears to be a small, purple.. Mister Starchman? Mister Garcia was seen earlier in the forest and sneaking away after Isaac scared away the Sphinx ghost.. Are ALL the teachers at the school spectrals?

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 19, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

red plastic cup posted:

Edit: Oh hey, I just noticed something: In panel two of today's comic, on the couch by Isaac's backpack, there appears to be a small, purple.. Mister Starchman? Mister Garcia was seen earlier in the forest and sneaking away after Isaac scared away the Sphinx ghost.. Are ALL the teachers at the school spectrals?

Surely you can just buy one with enough Starchman Stars!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Probably deliberate. The weird glyph text has been decoded too. It's like a treasure hunt. There are clues for the readers who care to seek them, though in the end nothing is really spoilery.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Cat Mattress posted:

Probably deliberate. The weird glyph text has been decoded too. It's like a treasure hunt. There are clues for the readers who care to seek them, though in the end nothing is really spoilery.
A fair bit down into the comments for the latest strip, Zach himself says that he puts in hidden stuff or secret codes under the assumption that it will be almost immediately deciphered. Pretty sound approach, considering the terrible power of a fanbase hivemind.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Zerilan posted:

The uncensored dialog suggests that Spender isn't telling Isaac anything specifically because he's a medium, so it may very well be that Isabel and Ed do know something and Isaac is deliberately being left out of the loop. If that's the case, the fact that they don't care is simply another biter irony for the universe to torment Isaac with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Of course, there's a recent page showing that it's foolish to think tool-wielders are safer from their associated spirits than mediums.