Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, goddammit.

http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-35/

Stupid cliffhangers. That is quite the house though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tollymain posted:

I don't see anybody else in Mr. Spender's office, which panel are we talking about :confused:

Check out panel 5 of this page:

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Check out the panel with the body part snatching spirt on this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-5/

If you look closely under Isaac's speech bubble, you can see an extra person was with them.

That's where this comes in:

MikeJF posted:

Oh yeah! There are black body parts in there. The Dimitri Theory grows stronger...

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

If you look in the background in the freaky sights comic, you can see him also slinking away!

Ha, holy poo poo. I know there's a ton of this stuff in the background, but I always keep seeing more every time I re-read a page. Don't think I would have noticed this one though.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Eh, when you first go to his website the very first thing you see is the most recent comic. You even have to scroll past it on most monitors to get the First button, if you don't go through the Archives. If you give up after the first few pages thinking they don't get better, after a glance the most recent page, then you probably aren't really paying attention. Same thing happens in Gunnerkrig Court, the first few chapters turn people off due to the style, and the way some people see Annie at first, but once they give it a chance it's probably one of the best ones right now. Also, Unsounded. Really, if you're judging a webcomic based off of no more than the first chapter, at least see if you can find another opinion from somewhere or someone.

That said, I'd still love to see those first pages redone. He'd probably have to redo the whole chapter then, just so there isn't such a big jump in difference compared to the rest of it. I'd much rather get new pages instead of a redone first chapter. The man's busy!

Salvador Dalvik posted:

If he posted 3 times a week and redid those pages, he'd be rolling in mad black market greens.

See Gunnerkrig Court. :smith:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ahahaha.

Edit: Oh, that's cool. He's got a link to the wallpapers for people that can't/don't/won't donate. Still planning on tossing :10bux: or :20bux: his way here soon though.

Edit Edit: Oh, man. You need to check out the full versions of the wallpapers. Get a preview of Isaac's spirit!

Onean fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 5, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

PleasingFungus posted:

I thought I got it before, but I don't get it now! Welp.

Sarcasm or Irony, take your pick! It also depends on whether Max remembers what he said earlier that morning or not.

(Oh man, PicPick is wonderful! Why haven't I heard of this before? It's even got a portableapps version.)

Onean fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 12, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Opposing Farce posted:

The uncensored dialog suggests that Spender isn't telling Isaac anything specifically because he's a medium, so it may very well be that Isabel and Ed do know something and Isaac is deliberately being left out of the loop. If that's the case, the fact that they don't care is simply another biter irony for the universe to torment Isaac with.

Is it any medium, or is it specifically Isaac's spirit in particular that's the problem? I imagine it'd be pretty hard to keep secrets, whatever they may be, from every medium, but it'd be a simpler matter if it's only specific spirits you're trying to keep information from. Of course, as we were shown earlier, that doesn't really matter when a sufficiently powerful spirit in a tool can take over its user's body.

Of course, this isn't backed up by anything in particular in the comic, so it's hard to say without more information.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tollymain posted:

Some interesting information in the comments:

Cool to know!

Oh man! Really looking forward to this stuff. Sounds amazing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Dunno why, but this is one of the funniest pages. Probably mostly because of Ed.

YAAAAH!! INK ON MY EYBALLS!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Link for the lazy.

Oh, Mr. Spender. I thought the last page was funny, then you happened. :haw:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I love the subtitle or whatever its called on Papa Squat's. And who doesn't try to stack hotels or houses on their property in Monopoly?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Prison Warden posted:

Real Deep vegans dont eat anything that casts a shadow. Short answer: being vegan just makes you better than most people. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqGZBRBLcM

(For anyone that didn't get the reference. It's a great movie, you should rent it or something. Comics're pretty good too.)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

MechaFrogzilla posted:

And the other reference was an older one:

Well, there ya go. Didn't know about that one.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It's not a one-piece. :colbert:

Why am I not surprised that those are actually something that exists? From the About Us page:

Suitjamas have been made famous by Barney Stinson in How I Met Your Mother's episode titled "The Front Porch" (season 4 episode 17). Ever since this day, as fans of the show we searched the internet without success for several years, trying to find a place to buy this magical item. Just when we were about to give in, we decided to look into the possibility of making our own! After over a year of research, production and design, what you see on this site is the final product of months of hard work and dedication to the cause. As we wanted these for ourselves, we needed to make sure they were absolutely perfect, until we finally were able to mass produce the worlds first suit pyjamas!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

WeaponBoy posted:

Yeah, it is. Look at the zipper. Notice how it extends from his stomach to below where his leg begins to bend at the hip? That thing is totally a onesie. :colbert:

I was replying to the Suitpajama picture. It's not a one-piece, so it doesn't fit with the update. :colbert:

I'll admit that wasn't very clear in my post though. :v:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The timing on this is just uncanny.

Cucumber Quest

Paranatural

Cucumber just isn't enough of a capital H Hero. I mean, look at what Isaac did in one night/morning. :colbert:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Cat Mattress posted:

"My bat's stuck!" "Same here!" :allears:

gently caress me, I just got that. :mad: :golfclap:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Hahaha, I had no idea what was going to happen next, but this is great. :D

THIS IS FOR MY OWN GOOD

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Azran posted:

Wow, what a change. :stare:

I do love the commentary in that page where a guy goes all "DUDE, THAT'S A CLICHE VILLAIN" on him. :3:

After reading your post I thought I had missed a secret early update, and it took me a few minutes to realize what you were talking about. In the meantime, I found out that there won't be an update 'till Friday. :(

quote:

*Edit* Hey everyone, there will be no update on Monday as I am going to a family gathering away from my artstuffs and technologies. The next page will be on Friday the 9th. Thanks for your understanding! :^)

Edit: Late night typing.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Nah that's a different guy. Different pants.

We are seeing different legs though, so maybe he's trying this new hip style where you roll up one leg but leave the other unrolled. Gotta stay up on fashion, ya know.

Prison Warden posted:

It's an art error.

Of course, it doesn't really matter since this, but oh well.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I love how, if you know the trick, it's pretty simple to read the spirit-speech without a cipher.

Panel 4:
You're late.

Panel 8:
You failed.

Panel 10:
No Look

Edit: Beaten. :saddowns:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Maybe there's less game and more spirit involved in Ed's game than is apparent?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh. Oh no.

quote:

Do you think you can take on the challenge of making a train pun that the fandom hasn't made already? We need more puns about that trained train. And training on a trained train. Or, maybe even a trained train losing it's train of thought while spectral children train on it. Yeah.

I hope you have a good reason for driving me crazy with all these train puns. I hope you have a…

loco motive.

:negative:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

horriblePencilist posted:

drat, I didn't get an RSS entry for this update either.

Did you sub to the new RSS since the new site went up? I'd give that a try if you haven't.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Some twitter sourced sketches as an apology for skipping today's update.

Isaac's magical girl transformation is important.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dolash posted:

Also, maybe I missed it the first time through, but where did they mention Agent Day has cupid powers? That seems like kind of a weird ability to throw into the story.

It was back a little bit, while Spender was picking everyone up for tonight and he stopped to talk to Isabel's Grandpa. Specifically, Spender mentions that she "uses a tool with 'Cupid's arrow' powers."

Edit for quote for new page.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I can see that happening, actually.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Dolash posted:

So what's next on the agenda? Is Max going to get back on the train, or is he not catching up with the others until later?

I dunno, I feel like this is a pretty good setup for Max to run into Johnny & co.. Now, whether that happens within a page or so, or if we're jumping to any of the three other threads we've got hanging right now, who knows.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Actually I believe the promise was no awkward teen romance. :v:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Max was seeing things long before he got to the school, let alone touched the bat. Right in the first chapter we're told nobody knows what makes every spectral a spectral, and while through Zack we know the only guaranteed way for someone to become a spectral is for them to be possessed, that isn't the only way. Otherwise, why all the secrecy around Isaac and not Max, a new spectral?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Tunicate posted:

Anyone else see the cameo in Three Panel Soul?

Don't know how I missed that, they even made a news post about it with the comic. :ughh:

AnonSpore posted:

Mac Hall is still going?

Same guys, different comic. Three Panel Soul is a lot less connected than even Mac Hall was. They're still pretty great, Jo (the mage in the linked panel) and Death are becoming regulars, but there's still a lot of comics on random things like becoming a parent and so on.

They put Mac Hall back up as a PDF so people wouldn't have to spend $60-$250 for the book just to read it since the original site doesn't work very well.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh my...oh wow.

That nose, that person. Wow.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, they can. It's been covered, I think in a side bit somewhere and not actually in the comic, but Spectrals can see both video and pictures of stuff without any extra equipment. I'm imagining that this will come up with Johnny, sooner rather than later.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kgummy posted:

On this page he desummons the clones, then jumps away. I thought it was three separate spirits as well, and went back and double checked. And it appears to just be one spirit, that can duplicate itself. But with slightly different personalities.

Really? I got the impression the others had just left, nor that they were desummoned.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Oxxidation posted:

Check out this page, mostly. Aside from them mostly acting as a single unit, they're screwing up their pronouns in the second-to-last panel.

Huh, alright then.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
GAME
(L)OVER

What's the mouseover text on this one?

Edit: That sword, it keeps rotating. :stare:

Onean fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 13, 2015

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Thanks.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Paranatural characters as Pokemon. Weiner Dog is 100% correct, and is proven to be the Best Character. No argument possible. I also like the news crew type setup, and that the bully crew all have the Pledge moves. :haw:

Edit: Preview is not Post.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So good. :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So, who's excited to meet a new best character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

We all know he's going to be the best character. Just like Johnny, Max's Dad, Starchman, and so on.