Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I read some pretty cool speculation that the snake spirit is actually a hydra spirit. That would make the "But I didn't end up with the sense of humor" more apt if the speaker is referring different heads. Plus that may be the "faction" he speaks of.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Holy poo poo, someone on /co/ actually deciphered the language Doorman is using!

http://thesethingsthatiadore.tumblr.com/post/44335278242/id-laugh-but-i-didnt-end-up-with-the-sense-of

"I'd laugh, but I did not end up with a sense of humor."

Your return changes nothing, schemer. My master does not fear broken gods.

"She should. Would if she could. The comedy your ignorance breeds is wasted on my ears. Well, not my ears exactly"

Arrogance. Your power is nothing to be afraid of. Word games and riddles.

jeez, that was pretty drat fast.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Darth Windu is just being tsundere please do not feed the tsunderes

I don't even want to loving imagine what his でれでれ looks like.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

The problem with that is that he still needs the Doorman to open his locket and receive the key. Unless the Doorman's timing is impeccable (admittedly likely in a comic) he's screwed even with the door.

He mentioned a gambit, so he might be trying something as simple as enraging the train into attacking both of them. He did restrain himself from taking metal from the ghost train until he figured he was probably going to die anyway.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Jesus christ spender is dumb.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Honestly Spender is coming off as a real rear end in a top hat in the last few pages, spoiling for a fight at the slightest provocation just so he can be the badass killing big bad spirits.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Oh Spender. When you get called out that doesnt mean you should double down on being stupid.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Ava's Demon is awful because it tries to have a homestuck-level of plot complexity and cast size from the very beginning of the story. It just dumps loads of characters and conspiracies on you without giving you any reason to give a poo poo.

I don't know what grrl power is but I'm sure it's worse than paranatural

vvv that is true, the artistry is stunning

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 6, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
tbh i just dont think its interesting

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

She's going to be hunting demons and such when she grows up? Rad super-mystic soldier in a shadow war behind the veil of everyday reality, facing factions of bizzare, sometimes invincible monsters?

Yeah, I don't have a problem with Gramps expecting different things from her now then when she was 5 and afraid of dogs.

e: Actually, seems like it was more recently than that? I wonder how long she's had the book.

yeah you see there are ways to help your child to get over past trauma and telling their sparring partner to do their best to recreate it and then humiliate her in front of her peers is pretty close to the shittiest ways to accomplish that

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
were there actual train tracks in the real world?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
it is hilarious that max has found out magnitudes more about the organization that spender works for in two days than isaac has in god knows how long

i guess the consortium is No Anime Allowed

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
also spender would be straight up dead if forge had been playing for keeps

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
but seriously, this is somewhat good timing for her to notice the 'broken god.' her expression is definitely one of shock and not exasperation. plus, it would make for good thematic timing once she just got down explaining she aint gonna tell the medium poo poo and whoops max is a medium

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I think that's a bit silly, i'd say that spender is really not all that special and that forge is only not going to kill him when he gets distracted by max in mortal danger

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so doesn't agent day kinda strongly resemble that chubby black girl from Max's flashback dream?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

Someone tell Zach his marketing potential has just been realized:

http://www.betabrand.com/mens-business-suit-onesie-hybrid.html

Alternatively he might want to look into royalties. :v:

you know thats been a thing since 'how i met your mother' right?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
it's impressive the degree that spender has endangered the children under his care. leaves them on a high speed ghost train, when said train goes berserk decides to fight some dude instead of going to their aid, continues to pick a fight with said dude even when they are still in danger. and then decides to chill in his bird outfit that allows the eldritch abomination inside him to escape.

at this point the only way he could be worse involves carbon monoxide poisoning

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so, after nearly getting killed several times over, and having seen that the adult supervision is a complete moron, why on earth would Max stay in the Activity Club after this?

e: seriously, spender couldn't even stay in spirit communion long enough to say "is it sealed?"

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 13, 2014

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Bussamove posted:

Everything Johnny does makes perfect sense. It's not his fault that he's operating on a higher plane of thought than we are.

it's been established in canon that johnny is a visionary of avant-garde bullying

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

reignonyourparade posted:

I think it's supposed to be the guard that's almost as much of a fuckup as spender.

also spender's fault. really everything in this chapter is spender's fault

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Spender keeps finding new ways to gently caress up, it's incredible

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
and once again the comic returns to its central theme: Rick Spender Ruins Everything

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

No ones gonna comment on the sad, sad fact that a little girl is working retail at such a young age.

Poor thing never stood a chance.

Well someone has to take charge of the responsibilities of the store, and max is busy with ghosts

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

Also, Max's dad probably brainwashed himself to forget about owning the store as part of his Double-Secret Shopper initiative.

:thejoke:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
this is getting a bit too anime. also a bit too many featureless backgrounds

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
cool, Forge is Unit 01

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So the comic Zack posted about in his comment for this page Demon's Mirror is actually super rad. It takes about an hour/90 minutes to read the archive up to now so the next time you try to come up with sick burns for your posts maybe you could read this instead!

But you don't have to take my word for it, check out this page where a demon eats someone's face

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
The problems aren't the characters themselves, but we've got about half a dozen really interesting plotlines that are just being buried under new introduction after new introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
not to mention the "what the hell is up with Spender" plots

not to mention the "what the hell is up with Mayview" plots

not to mention the "what the hell is up Boss Leader et al" plots

not to mention the "what the hell is up with doorman/angel voice/forge" plots

not to mention the "what WHAT Max has a secret possession" that we're 1 1/2 months out of the 4 year anniversary of it's intro page.

jesus christ

If Zack wants to tell a jokeman crazyface comic he has to stop making his plots unfold like a reverse boredom matryoshka doll