Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
White-noise posting to give this comic another thumbs-up :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Infinite Johnny :cry:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't see anybody else in Mr. Spender's office, which panel are we talking about :confused:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man this Doorman guy is weird. What's all this weird nonsense about responsibility and poo poo?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Descent into darkness averted! Back to our regularly scheduled lighthearted wackiness :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dang. poo poo's getting real.

No seriously, this is the second indication of less light-hearted things going on underneath the surface of things in Paranatural. The first being that post-apocalyptic vision Max had.

I have a feeling this comic is going to become a lot more serious as time goes on. Not sure if that's bad or good, I guess we'll see.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tinaun posted:

Supernormal #5 is out!

*image struck out*

I think that might be image leeching...

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some interesting information in the comments:

Anonymous posted:

There’s a giant hole in the wall.
What happens if Isaac tries to walk out through it, I wonder?

Zack posted:

He’ll walk through the wall.

powertrout posted:

So…
1: If Isaac tried free climb the broken wall behind the spirit to get to the next floor, would he appear to be inside the wall, climbing invisible hand-holds inside the wall?
2: If his spirits version of the room had a big hole in the floor where he was standing when he entered… would he fall through it?
3: Back to Max’s experience (ch1pg20) (kinda both 1 & 2 combined) – If Max stood on the store shelf that’s half-tipped-over in his Spirit’s world, would he appear to float in the real world? and if he climbed the shelf in the real world first, then entered his spirit’s version, would he promptly fall onto the cock-eyed shelf?

Zack posted:

Yes yes and yes. There was a scene I pictured later on where they watch footage (in a sense) of possessed spectrals in the state floating and swimming in air and all kinds of stuff. The basic inspiration for the glowy-eyes stuff and the mussin’ around w/ time were the horror movie tropes of the weird rapid head shake (see Isaac on the last page) and the rapid hallway walk w/ flickering lights (the thought being that possessed people do stuff like that when they’re talking to their spirits). And yes, the obvious exploitations of the rules of this stuff will be utilized by characters in the comic. Mostly Max, ’cause he’s like that. I have some cool stuff planned (Parkour is a lot easier when you can put big piles of junk everywhere/climb a big snake ^^).

Semi-related, this is the most explainy chapter. Ch. 4 is in a few pages and it’s just fun action and ghost busting at a much different pace than this chapter, where I wanted to give out a bunch of information and plant seeds of future plot stuff.

Cool to know!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A metaphor for kids with awesome themed ghost powers.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Penguingo posted:

I want to get

tattooed to the inside of my eyelids.

Next-best thing: get it as an avatar! Just be sure to flip it so Spender's constantly shrinking back in disgust from your shitposting.

Fake Edit: If you do, make sure you outline that poo poo. Ain't nobody wants to see an un-outlined av :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know it's time to reconsider your life when your work has pretty much become a nearly ubiquitous cautionary tale for others in your field. Thankfully Tim Buckley is apparently incapable of introspection :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No the past was anime, the future is spectral rap battling :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it slammed shut on its own.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isaac confirmed shonen protagonist, holy poo poo :allears:

E: I wish I had gif-making skills, I would make an av that scrolled across Isaac's super-stylistic pose in the second-to-last panel over to Max looking dubious as gently caress.

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 19, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm imagining his rapid-fire priming of his sunglasses with a shotgun-pumping sound in the background :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This page is utterly amazing, just gonna say that first. I don't think Spender's in real danger here, at least not if they can pry the bat off him. If that thing were physical enough he'd be bleeding at least a little by now. Doesn't look like that lessens the pain any for ol' Ricky though :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's not a pool noodle, that's a gift from one of his elder gods :getin:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of av material I finally got around to changing mine. It's the best :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, they may have loosened it up for him but he was definitely the only one hitting it, if you look at the very next page.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MikeJF posted:

If we're meeting Izzy's spirit I hope we meet Ed's.

I reckon it'll be a pretty chillaxed dude. Paint power, after all. You can't be a pompous arse with paint powers.

Ahahahahahah that's what you think.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Have some lovely MSPaint cropped avs I lifted from the page! :downs:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah, I think it's just Eightfold that's alive. Everything else is just controlled paper. Although the horse could have been Eightfold in another form, for all we know. Doubt it though, there were no eyes.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anvilwyrm Knight is a pretty awesome looking dude, even if he is making a fool of himself :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That scar kid doesn't have his scar in that picture.

Is that how he got it :tinfoil:

Funny as that would be Max's presence means it's just a art blooper.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Correction: this new page is amazing :allears:

Fake edit: oh poo poo that eagle is real :haw:

Fake edit^2: well, not real real but sort of real you know what I mean

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Johnny's is the best actually sorry that is all.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how long it takes to get used to poo poo just phasing through walls without warning all the time :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah getting piercings with a magnetic power sounds like a terrible idea :cry:

I like Max's taste in music though :pseudo::hf::black101:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Driving gloves are really nice if you live in a cold place and can't be hosed to heat up your car before driving to work/school/whatever though :shobon:

Spender has no excuse though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh yeah, Geta's going to haul on that spectral cord and send Isabel spinning the other way, probably right into a strike. Do we have an emote for a sympathetic wince?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
RJ's hair looks gorgeous from what little we've seen already :allears:

Also amazing: that entire last panel.

Fake Edit: Ed confirmed for Pac-Man

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

I think RJ's a girl, given the way Zack draws his characters. RJ's eye shape and general body shape fit kinda the same profile as Isabel and Suzy.

Huh, that is a pretty good catch, I hadn't noticed that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ProfZoom posted:

[link to twitter post]

God, Vegeta Johnny is still the best loving thing :allears:

E: Zack's tumblr owns dang

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 21, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of cool Paranatural fanart:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm surprised nobody ever pulled an av from the second-last panel here :allears: http://paranatural.net/chapter-3-page-29/

Edit: Along with about half of the panels on half of the pages in this entire comic, maaaaannnnn.

The knowledge I've picked up so far has made this reread even funnier somehow :allears:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 26, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, I think if Isaac's spirit was "...the biggest and baddest. SINGULAR. THE spirit. The strongest one." Isaac wouldn't be running around as freely as he is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we have any reason not to?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Magnet Snakes definitely isn't a hydra right now, as evidenced by one of the wallpapers in the extras section.

But I don't see how that precludes it being part of a fractured greater whole.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You are a blight on fun conversation. If I was a mod I would never stop 6-houring you.

Has anybody made any avatars from recent pages? I'm only capable of cropping poo poo out with mspaint and giving it a border :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On a second reading, Max's spirit said that it wasn't referring to its faction, after saying that the mysterious "she" who Doorman follows should fear broken gods.

I really doubt BL is "she". Anvildragon told the shadowrabbit not to lead the pixeldogs to "her". So "she" is in Mayview somewhere. Comedy option: She's that deer lady Isaac helped out.

So we've got Spender and his mysterious agenda, the Activity Consortium, the Cousinhood Man, the Doorman's faction, Riddleserpent's faction, and this "broken god(s?)" faction. I'm not sure if the dogs are from Riddleserpent's faction or the broken gods or yet another unnamed group. Anvildragon appears to be an independent party who happens to owe the Doorman's leader a debt. And we don't know if Isaac's storm god is with any of the spirit factions or similarly independent. He certainly doesn't appear to be with any human faction.

There's a lot of room for conflict here. :catstare: