Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

nael posted:

Spender mentions in the first chapter somewhere that spectrals can go crazy when they start to see spirits. It's also mentioned that Max's dad is originally from mayview. Is that why he's so weird?

Max's Dad is no crazier than any other Mayview resident, which is to say still completely nuts, but I don't he's seeing spirits, otherwise Suzy would also be interviewing ghosts and Johnny would be extorting the Sphinx for small change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It looks like Max is currently hosting a guest, does this make him a medium? I'm presuming his baseball bat spirit can't just leap into him to chat with people, if it is meant to be a weakened spirit that is slowly feeding of his energies.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isaac is either the brooding loner almost-antihero of the team, or he is the star of some alternate version of this comic the anime adaption to which Max is the brooding loner.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

blizzardvizard posted:

Oh my god, a mysterious student council president. We're going full anime up in here. :allears:

You are saying this like Paranatural wasn't anime all along.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Dalris Othaine posted:

This, basically. didn't this comic used to be about weird ghost people? :confused:

Nah it has always been about wacky faces and great shirt ideas.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Nuns with Guns posted:

I like the idea of him being one of those dudes that unlocks supernatural powers with OJ better. It's also weird that Hijack would sneak into a school, possess a teacher, and walk out.

also do these kids have cellphones on them to text each other when they figure out if one of the teachers isn't Hijack? You'd think when you eliminate one you'd want to back up the others or have a way to send for help against the super strong ghost

The act of getting out their phones and texting each other should only take a month of strips at most so I'm sure they'll team up again in no time.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

... He never scored.

edit: well he did, but he is such a doofus that it was the first thing that came to mind.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I just know it is gonna turn out ambiguous again as to whether our legitimate businessman turns out to be a spectral, the setup is too easy.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Oxxidation posted:

Of all the things I dislike about this chapter it’s Cody that pisses me off the most

He’s emblematic of the chapter as a whole, just getting more and more focus piled on top of him until he’s an indistinguishable pile of quirks

Him crushing on the vice principal’s nose was cute but holy gently caress enough is enough

I partially agree with you here, I don't think Vampire Cody and the School Store are inherently bad, but they appear to me to be self perpetuating problem of Hijack arc is taking a long time, but Zach wants to move onto future plot/arcs that they've been sitting on for years so they've tried to frankenstein them in to the detriment of both aspects.

Ideally in my view we'd have Hijack Arc (with Dimetri reveal as it ties into the theme of the Activity Club being at risk of collapse) --> Short School Store "break" chapter ---> Next Chapter: I Can't Believe My Little Cody is Half-Vampiric.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Cody always struck me as everybody's friend but nobody's friend. Combine that with being on the Student Council but not on the Student Council. Considering that I can see how someone might challenge him to put up or shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Patware posted:

zack has left me in a state of sublime internal tension where i can't tell if lisa's head is spinning as a visual gag or actual ability foreshadowing

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 8, 2018