Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Found this comic thanks to this thread. Proceeded to read all of it. Now I'm caught up and have to wait like the rest of you plebes. Thanks, you awesome jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
The translations were already posted in the spoiler tags in A big flaming stink's post.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
It's working for me now.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
In the finger montage, is that maybe Max's mom wearing the Insolent Children shirt? Presuming that's his finger and his baby sister is grabbing it in that panel.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Noooo Eightfold! Poor thing.

Is she hinting that she was once Isabel's Grandpa's spirit?

She might just be suggesting to Isabel that she's sounding like her grandfather, which based on what we've seen, is likely to ruffle her feathers.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Not Isabel though. That look is pure blood-lust. I never looked at the wall-papers til now. How did I live before I saw "Starchmanly"? That glorious hair...

Madrox fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 19, 2013

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

The Leper Colon V posted:

That seems to be implied. I can't for the life of me remember where, though.

Someone in the comments mentioned this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-1-page-60/

In the 4th panel, he seems to be showing both light and darkness. Could be removing light though, I suppose.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Max's dad in the last three panels, I am dying here. Good avatar material as a bonus. Anyway, I'm wondering if a ghost wielding a tool is forbidden or taboo or something, and Spender will freak at Max (with great facial expressions, of course). Probably not, but hey, idle speculation and all.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Mystic Mongol posted:

e: Actually, seems like it was more recently than that? I wonder how long she's had the book.

Just last page, Eightfold said they've been friends for "years".

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
New Strip!

Time for our our ol' friend the magnet snake to say hello?

Edit: Beaten like Johnny's lunch-line victims...

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
On the last page, there is no welding mask on, but on the new one she's wearing one. So did we segue from a vision into a flashback? Am I over-thinking this?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Rrright, but it's not there at all on the previous page...

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Dolash posted:

...boss will know that things have gone off the rails at Mayview so Spender can't just brush this incident under the rug.

... Don't think you got away with this, you monster.

Anyway, you folks realize that Boss Leader is the medium for the friggin' Sandman right?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
If Spender has his wits left, he'll try to snag at least one of the objects Forge dropped, then run like hell to help the kids. Staying to fight further isn't going to help, and even his foe knew they should have been his priority.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
For whatever reason, I'm totally hearing Lucifer as Tim Curry now. I am totally OK with this.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Weapon-forging, fire-breathing Johnny?

A lot of nerds are just plain doomed.

Edit: I have a vague memory of talk from Zack about what he was planning as far as potential abilities for Johnny, not revealing specifics though. Anyone recall what I'm remembering/hallucinating?

Madrox fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Oh wow, I'm just imagining the kids reaction to seeing Spender's super saiyan form. Then, after the laughter has died down, how Spender reacts to knowing he would have been too loving late to save Max. Can't wait for Monday's update.