Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I can forgive the sparse updates, though. Zack Morrison is, like, 19 or something and he's focusing on school so good on him. Also, I tweeted at him a few times and he's a big ol' sweety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'd buy a good portion of the clothes Zack Morrison designs. I would wear the "CLOTHING" shirt to tatters.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Fruits of the sea posted:

Crap. Now I gotta make some hot chocolate and start over from the beginning :argh:

And that's a bad thing?

Edit:
We can't post Johnny quotes and not mention "It is me. I am the kick man. Let me kick you."

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 30, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I was rereading it and Max's dad has an "Insolent Children" shirt in the first issue, just like Max's in this chapter. I wonder if he bought matching sets for the whole family. :allears:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

During the explanation of tools, they said tools needed a suitable host. So maybe it doesn't need a specific individual but not just anyone can use any tool.

Don't forget, though. Even without their tool, spectrals can still shoot colored energy and make sheilds and stuff.

Edit: Does Johnny's accident count as a near life experience so he can see ghosts?

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 1, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

There is the threat of that, yeah. The magnet-snake sealed in Max's bat looks like it would be "end of the world" bad if it got out.

What magnet snake? I just thought he found a baseball bat that already had a ghost in it.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Oh, okay, thank you. I never understood what was supposed to be going on in that page.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I like that he experimented with kinda rounded reflections in the last panel. His attempt didn't turn out great but, whatever, it isn't terrible and it's visually interesting.

I'm fully expecting Isaac to stab Doorman in the face with his key to shut him up on the next page.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

New Comic! I guess all our theories on Isaac will be answered next week. I like that he accused the Doorman of being a sarlacc pit.

Also, "Young Master is my rapper name. Call me Max." :allears:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

People in comments are trying to decipher Doorman's language. :allears:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

And I thought it was gibberish. This comic never fails to impress.

Edit: vvv They already did

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 2, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I hope it doesn't get too confusing and become a Homestuck thing that requires a ton of explination. I mean, it's already a little complicated, I just don't want a dozen factions or whatever.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Oh man it's cool that the first wallpaper is basically Max and Issac doing a combo attack. I wonder if that will ever be a thing in the co-

YES!

I wonder how they'll work together. I mean, ink and paper powers make sense together, but magnetic powers and paper are much less obvious.

Edit: vvv I imagine they'll work like this.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 6, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Cousinhood? Huh. I suppose it's better than being one of the ten thousand "brotherhoods" but I imagine cousinhood being the practice of going to the movies together and talking during family dinners. Knowing this comic, I might not be too far off.

Also, I'm a fan of the HISTORY!!! book.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm kind of impressed with Zack. He seems wary about merch so he's started with donations and, maybe, inexpensive prints. Dude know's what's up.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

I thought I got it before, but I don't get it now! Welp.

Max, Isabel, Isaac, Ed. Quads!

Dimitri may indeed be involved with the Activity Club somehow, but this sentence makes it clear that he's not a member.

Dimitri is not a current member but if he was then it would have been him, Isabel, Isaac, and Ed. He's pretty much stating that there was another forth member before Max and it's been hinted that Dimitri, the character we saw in like three pages, was it.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Man, I wish I had swirly nipples like Cloud guy.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I wish my puberty involved more ghosts and less shame.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I wasn't too crazy about Ed. He just seemed over the top wacky, but between him drawing a new face on himself ans the fairly clever line in today's comic is winning me over.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

This looks like the opening sequence to Thor 2 or something.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Her dojo is very inclusive. It trains Frankenstiens, little girls, animes, 1890's boxers, and 9th grade math teachers.

horriblePencilist posted:

Cool shirt.
I want it.

Yeah, the super girly VIOLENCE shirt has a great Idakoos vibe to it.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 7, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

If the typical spectral can summon energy dolphins, why would they do anything else?

Edit: vvv I meant that it's apparently teachable and doesn't require a tool. Grandpa is obviously rad.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 11, 2013

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

New comic! Sadly, only paint somethings. Also, Joe Fist v Beezlebark. :3:

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

No new comic until Friday. :( Apparently, it'll be the start of something big and he wants to get it just right.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I don't think it's supposed to be the spectral range, I think it's just a pretty rainbow!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Seoinin posted:

Now that I think about it, if she says boid and doit, shouldn't she say woims?

She was trying to put a lot of emphasis on it so she stretched it out and it became... that.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Who?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Haledjian posted:

I hadn't realized how much the art's improved, wow.

While he's technically better, I like the old style better myself.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

The Leper Colon V posted:

Correction:
Paranatural Thread #2: You will never be an excrementalist.

Every page has a great quote so you'll be doing this for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I'd bet dollars to donuts that little sprite in the bird cage is his spirit, too.

I'll take that bet! And when I win, I want my donuts glazed.