Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Crosscontaminant posted:

I'm not sure what I like more - JUSTICE HUG, or Max's holy-gently caress-would-you-two-get-a-room expression in one of the final panels.

I prefer Max's hand gesture in that panel. I don't know why, but that's the part that sells his reaction for me.

Also A nice as he seems, I'm not sure Doorman is on the up and up. 2 pages ago he was calling for 'Master' not 'young master' asking if they had succeeded and last page he told us he was expecting someone else.

Dude's hiding something.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

I like that Isaac is obsessed with good and justice (as are the spirits in his life, in one way or another). When we were introducted to him he seemed like a selfish jerk, but it makes more sense now why he actually hangs around with the club despite hating them; They're an opportunity for him to smite some evil.

I've said it before but I'm so glad Isaac has turned out the way he has. He's basically the best possible 'partner' character for Max. He's got a similar sense of humor, but he's already invested in this and has a great moral compass deal compared to the most apathetic Max.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

:aaa: Oh my god how did I not realize this sooner?

He's possessed by a storm spirit with a hair-trigger temper.
He has a bat containing the shard of an ancient dark god.
Together, they fight crime.

Best buddy cops. :allears:

:c00l: :"ISSAC TURN IN YOUR BADGE, YOU'RE TOO CRAZY OUT THERE!"
:downs: :"Wow Issac, never thought you'd get Suspendered"
:kratos: :"MAAAAX"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Looking at the first panel again, who are those people in the convenience store? Is the activity club doing a sleepover, or maybe some investigative "journalism"?

Strange beings sometimes wander into stores to buy things.

Also I don't think anyone's mentioned it, but see the [Pull] rope in the first panel and look what it's attached to upstairs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Haledjian posted:

So did this comic go back to Fridays-only, or did it just skip this week's Monday update? What's the deal?

Literally 7 posts above yours

quote:

Zack posted:

I've been looking forward to this next sequence forever and don't want it to disappoint. With another week I'll be able to do it justice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

INSOLENT YOUTH T-shirt, please.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oh so their organization ISN'T the cousinhood. Interesting. Wonder what those weirdos are up to...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Isaac is so anime it hurts.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

All that's missing is the credits song from I dunno the most anime of snimes.

Will this do? Not Anime but Isaac is obviously A Friend of Justice.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Spender and Isaac hate each other because they're fighting over who's the most anime (It's still Issac.)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Keromaru5 posted:

Doesn't seem like a fair comparison. Spender's clearly 90's anime; Isaac's post-2000.

What? Issac is totally 90's a hell. Spendor is more of the less cool, less effective but newer version of the same anime.

Basically Issac:Spendor::Old Getter Team:New Getter team.

EDIT: This concludes my entry for Nerdiest Post In Thread, thank you.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Opposing Farce posted:

RJ has my favorite design out of all of them.

Do we know of any other gingers with hair Stephen might be thinking of? I'm not sure if Jeff qualifies as "ginger" but looking over the cast page he's the only one who might fit and I feel the vagueness of Johnny's description is setting up some kind of wacky misunderstanding.

Clearly crazy artist goon will forget what type of red hair and beat up that needy nerd.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Clearly crazy artist goon will forget what type of red hair and beat up that needy nerd.

Just wanted to say, Called It.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Vibe's gone nowhere since that end of chapter a month back? Seriously?

I really really really want to like vibe, but it's one comic a week and even then its pacing is all sorts of hosed. Seriously, we open with a single normal night in this dude's super hero life, he loses to a duder, and now suddenly FRIENDSHIP POWER UP! I didn't even know that Jeanne didn't act like they were friends before now. Or that the combining spirits is something they tried and failed.

It feels like I picked up a Shonen anime halfway through its run.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Shindragon posted:

Yeah agreed. Max can't take on Johnny physically, Suzy apparently has blackmail on him (jumping through the bus I guess?) and Isabel looks like she's gonna put in him in a world of pain.

The Blackmail is him fraudulently activating the emergency alarms on the boss by opening the window, which is enough to get him in some trouble at school. Like a week of detention. Maybe. Suzy's not that bright.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It turns out that the entire Activity Club is terminally Anime.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Angry Walrus posted:

Isabel said "the six of us" but Max, Ed, Isabel, Isaac, and Spender only make five. So...who's the sixth?

Grandpa Anime, more than likely. Seems to be a really well known guy for the Order.

(Less jokingly: She's referring to Grandpa's trainees that are sharing her toothbrush)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

bigbigtruck posted:

I'm curious about the pixellation inside the spirits' mouths...

It probably has to do with the video game bits on the title page.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Madrox posted:

Someone in the comments mentioned this page: http://paranatural.net/chapter-1-page-60/

In the 4th panel, he seems to be showing both light and darkness. Could be removing light though, I suppose.

The Light/Dark thing makes sense given his freak out the other morning when he thought it might be another yellow spirit. His Mind is a delicate Balance. So a Darkness spirit would make sense.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Congrats Zach, the 'Oh NO!' Panel is officially the most anime thing you've drawn! Seriously, you Tite Kubo'd the poo poo out of that panel. A Class Anime work!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Prison Warden posted:

Garcia reminds me of someone... I think it's the bangs.

LtStorm posted:

Yeah, I've been wondering if Mr. Garcia is an ally of Spender or something. Or at least a neutral but interested party in the school.

Obviously a Spectral possessed by a Spirit made of pure smugness. He's the strong guy the rabbit-cerberus was going on about.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

LtStorm posted:

He comments that his mind is a delicate balance after freaking out over Isabel offering him a tool he thought would be yellow (turns out it was a frosty pink).

It's because he's got a Light Ghost and a Dark ghost. He's anime so he's gotta be the balance of twilight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

It could also be that he's an irresponsible manchild who did it because he felt like it. relatively recently widower who's lost the woman he loved so decided to move back home in attempt to brighten up his life and move his children away from the constant reminders of life pre-dead mom.

Dude's a good dad trying to do his best. Don't be lovely :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Splicer posted:

Didn't she die 5 years ago?

e: I don't mean "It's been 5 years he's totally over it," more that if Max's mom's death was the trigger it's a bit of a delayed reaction.

Can't just get up and move man. Plans had to be made, convenient stores have to be bought.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Ghost Train my new favourite character.

He literally just pushes away anything he doesn't want to touch him. He has brought me to an existential crisis: How can you suplex what you cannot touch?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SpaceViking posted:

Presumably to keep nasties like Forgedude from crossing the border and taking our jobscausing havoc.

Given that Mayview is Spirit central with scary giant Worms and Storm Gods it's much more likely they're keeping poo poo in, not out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Angry Walrus posted:

Spirits can't survive discorporated for very long. I imagine he plans to possess an item on the Ghost Train, or possibly a person. He might try Max and we get to learn more about Max's spirit.

If he does grab for Max it creates some really interesting stuff. Since Forge is aligned with The Doorman (Roughly) he's kind of at odds with the Magnet Snake.

But being able to manipulate the form of metal AND having magnetism would be so cool!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

Holy cr

ap the audio q

uality on this is hor

rible.

Hey let's make a podcast, a medium that is 100% audio! Let's make sure we know literally nothing about audio balancing or editing!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Penguingo posted:

Can't read that last panel. Looks like "What... estrus, whenever!?" which can't be right.

WHAT.... IS THIS NONSENSE

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Line Feed posted:

Sixth time? Oh, Spender. :allears:

Did the site layout change in the past hour or so? It looks nice.

Cast page update too!

quote:

Some nerd in Max's class. Hopes to someday pilot two gundams

It's me, I'm basically Jeff.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jetamo posted:

...we've seen bird-cage-light-spirit Lucifer for all of four panels, and already I'm liking his design.

He's using his own cage head to make a shadow cage to hold the Shade Spirit in place. A constant battle to keep the horror in place and Spendor in Balance. And they can fuse :allears: If Spendor yells 'Gattai' then he's officially out anime-d Issac.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Brannock posted:

I agree, but perhaps not necessarily for the reasons you're thinking of. What was Archangel Lucifer's sin that led to his downfall? Pride. What does Spender show an excess of..?

Spender just -ully and rightfully shows excess of standing up against the tyrant that is God and wanted to overthrow him to create a world of true freedom?

You need to read your Milton, son. Lucifer's the good guy.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 8, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Whoops, my bad. I read it as good possessing those things. My original point still stands - it is worded incredibly poorly and the guy is obviously not a writer. He admits that it was delayed to polish the writing, and in my opinion it could've used more of a delay. Sorry to short circuit the hugbox!! DIVERT POWER TO THE HUG GENERATORS!! WE NEED MORE HUGS!!

You ever notice a large number of your posts seem to be some variation of "Oh sorry I have such a CONTROVERSIAL OPINION! Guess you nerds are too pathetic to handle me, heh."

I mean I agree it's still a bit awkward but you've got a weirdo persecution complex that seeps into a lot of your posts and maybe you could, I dunno, not do that?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Heavy Zed posted:

Forge's "I didn't know there were children on board" is so dishonest. It's a train. It could be carrying hundreds of people. You didn't know there weren't children and you didn't care.

It's also a loving ghost train that's actually a 'living' being and not a machine made to be mass transport. I'm not sure you can have the same assumptions about the two.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Len posted:

So people would rather he try and shoehorn new characters that aren't part of his current story into it? Because that sounds efficient and is a good way to handle your story.

:ssh: If you notice a lot more of the background/side characters aren't just skinny white people so he's already been 'shoehorning' and you didn't notice nor had a problem with it so stop being a big ol' Goon :ssh:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Anyone have any idea what all the hearts on the chapter 4 cover refer to? The rest of the imagery is pretty obvious now that we've (presumably) neared the end of the chapter, but the hearts, not so much. Spender's love of Mayview?

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=157

The lady who's coming to watch Spender and Crew has Cupid Powers.

It'll probably show up soon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Tupperwarez posted:

By 'redeem', you mean 'crush in your hand like a Persona card while shouting STARCHMAN!!!'

Ah yes...the Stand represented by the Star Arcana, Stach Platinum.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blackheart posted:

Nope it's suplex time.

Nah man, Isabel's a real fighter. It's SPD time.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

Even if it's just her tool-spirit giving her a hand with some directions.

It's probably this. I mean, how else would she aim those arrows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

I dunno Agent Day having a sword hidden inside that cane would probably out-anime Spender and we can't have that.

Are you kidding? Spender just split a monster in twain then transformed into his masked hero persona.

I'm surprised the big goob didn't scream 'Henshin!'.