Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Spender is just such a tryhard, it's almost endearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Leper Colon V posted:

...he didn't actually explain how he paid for the car. :tinfoil:

He doesn't like revealing anything about himself. He probably wants to appear mysterious, which is fun. However, we have already seen his true face.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

quote:

In other words, you have to fight the Opah Gang ‘Nam Style.

All the JRPG nonsense that precedes it was just the shaggy dog lead-in for this awful pun, wasn't it?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
In the meanwhile, Zach Derrieresmith butted in Girls With Slingshots and took on the aonus of assisting Danielle Corsetto with a guest comic. Not work safe.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

Wrong Zack though.

Me is dumb.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
You know, I--
Hey guys, update!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Another scene transition! Is it soft and digestible? The world may never know.

Say, aren't those Johnny and his gang creeping by the window in the last panel?

Also, what fruit is that supposed to be on Suzy's computer? Bananas?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Fourth panel: RJ actually has a face? Gosh!
Seventh panel: RJ's skin isn't dark grey? Double-gosh! And is that green hair? Triple gosh!
Eighth panel: Oh, RJ is a sparkling anime punk. :ms:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the hoop tree. I don't know if it's caused by a ghost-train spirit passing through it, or whether it's a spirit tree that's actually shaped like that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Level Slide posted:

That train is a spirit but it's still made of metal, right?

It has a metallic skin, yes.

This is certainly an irrelevant background detail that has absolutely nothing to do with the Forge spirit from the start of the chapter. A red herring, I tell you!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rhonne posted:

Late I know, but is RJ a boy? For some reason I was under the impression that he was a girl.

I think RJ's a girl, given the way Zack draws his characters. RJ's eye shape and general body shape fit kinda the same profile as Isabel and Suzy.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Also, some spirits are dangerous and cunning enough that Spender is borderline paranoid about them getting any info (see: treatment of Isaac because he cannot separate him from his spirit, contrarily to Max's bat that can be chucked away). Even a weak and harmless spirit could serve as a messenger for another spirit.

If it weren't critical to eject all spirits from the ghost train, then it wouldn't have been necessary for Spender's organization to erect the barrier in the first place.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

neogeo0823 posted:

Forget all that, the yarn body hair thing is just :allears:

Best comment on the page:

Madican posted:

I didn’t expect to see RK Milholland in this comic, much less in his naked glory.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

The pixel dogs are listening, which is how they got the idea of hitching a ride in the first place.

More precisely, the red-aura pixel dog is listening, which is why he turned tail and fled upon seeing the "sunglasses spectral" becoming hostile while his two bros didn't react immediately and got skewered.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey, rereading is interesting in that you can pick up stuff.

For example: here, Doorman tells Max's batsnake that "[his] power is nothing to be afraid of. Riddles and word games." Earlier, he was punning while wielding his bat and didn't seem to be aware that he was speaking (surprised reaction at Isaac's reply). And Isaac seems to have picked up on it when he mox Macks. Or mocks Max.

I'm kind of wondering what's the link between magnetism and wordplay, though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I guess Forge is grabbing as much material for a weapon as he can before the train activates its warping field to push Forge away.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Yeah, he does. When he throws a fit about Isabel missing the perfect center of her training target, he blasts it with a giant beam of red energy.

He also refuses to keep the plunger because it's useless to him since it's not red.

But I don't believe him to be a ghost.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Splicer posted:

Oh my god it's I'm not telling I just know it is it has to be :allears:

e: seriously if anyone else has worked it out and ruins it for everyone my vengeance will be swift and painful.

I think I know who you're speaking about a new character we haven't seen yet, but who has been spoken about already.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Don't forget a few strips ago we saw that Forge had finished a tiny door; perhaps he hopes to hold out until the Doorman opens it, then die next to it and nip through it in spirit-ghost form.

For that plan to work, he'd need to toss the tiny key to Doorman or to someone on the other side of the barrier that can bring the key to Doorman.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Roland Jones posted:

On a tangent from Boss Leader and colors, the alt text on this page really has a point. Yellow, white, and brown. Wow, what an awful color combo.

Ah, yes, the "Tighty-Not-So-Whitey" palette.

It's why in her brief appearance she's taking the piss out of Spender and treating Walker like crap.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 22, 2014

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Purple is not the normal color of ghosts and stuff, it's the color of their shade -- when someone starts to become a spectral, the effect is not instantaneous. Additional link. Notice how here there are some patches of solid green among the see-through purple. Now that our viewpoint character is fully spectral, he'll see ghosts and spirits with their normal colors, not in purple. (Unless purple is the ghost-or-spirit's normal color of course.)

Purple is also the color of the fog of art, so background characters are drawn in purple. It helps the main characters pop out of the picture. This led to the trick here but notice that these characters aren't in the background.

Since then, though, Zack has decided ghosts would be legless. So maybe the ghost kids are not actually ghosts, but spirits.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 24, 2014

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

7c Nickel posted:

Seems like they're based on the monsters from Attack the Block.

But as a character in the movie points out.

Yeah, they look more like angry gorillas in that scene.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I kinda want someone to get possessed by a pixeldog.

Respawning would be a pretty cool power to have and all you'd have to deal with is an objectively evil spirit in your head.

When they respawn, they respawn with a different spectral energy color. So the possession would get cut short...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

neogeo0823 posted:

Ok, that's officially the creepiest thing I've seen all day. :stonk:

Now they remind me of some D&D monster.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Happy Yeti posted:

Wait, how is Max's backpack not phasing through the train? Eightfold's book is a tool so that wouldn't, but the backpack isn't possessed as far as we know.

Powerful spirits can poltergeist, and the Ghost Train is certainly powerful in its own right. Being able to physically contain stuff that has been placed inside it also makes it more useful.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like the hovertext's spin on the situation.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This was linked to in the comments:
http://importrawdata.tumblr.com/post/78192590645/i-might-have-successfully-translated-the-pixskulls

It seems way too convoluted and annoying to write, but he did get coherent sentences out of it, so... maybe?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Wait, you don't count the eye sockets, you count the dots in the eye sockets...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looks like Isabel won't be able to use Eightfold's powers until she can get the book back. Will she reflect on her Grampa's advice?

More importantly, what are Isaac and Ed up to?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I use http://paranatural.net/rss.php and chapter 4 page 86 is on there.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Yep.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
As far as I know, Zack Morrison isn't a goon and doesn't lurk this thread, so it kinda fails as a hugbox. It's safe to say here that Paranatural sucks if that's what you think. Zack Morrison? More like Hack Morrison, amiright? Thank you, try the fish.

Anyway, I have no problem with today's page, other than it's late. But I'm easily entertained, and people need to be either horrible people or really, really bad at what they do for me to dislike their works.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There's probably a hundred posts about it already in the Homestuck thread, but Zack Morrison made an MSPA comic here.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dr Zarei looks Indian (so, Asian) to me.

Twitter person requested more girls, too, so more living human cast stats:

Adults M/F: 6/3
Kids M/F/U: 10/5/1

So if we exclude R.J. who wants to be gender-neutral, we have exactly twice as many men and boys as we have women and girls.
Oh, and for spirits and ghosts: Eightfold is female; Forge, Doorman, P.J., Lefty, and Isaac's spirit are male. M/F: 5/1.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I feel the same way!

( /\ (
( \/ (

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Slime posted:

It's possible that animals can't generate spectral energy, and so aren't suitable for possession.

They could still be like tools, except able to move around, so they would have an easier time finding a spectral with which to bond. Though maybe that'd be too much like a magical girl anime.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paradoxGentleman posted:

And so, the final villain of Paranatural is revealed. The only question is who is going to be the real protagonist.

Mr Starchman.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fried Chicken posted:

then where is the light guy held? We kow he has a tool holding one of them (the sunglasses) we don't know where the other is

Maybe they're both in the sunglasses.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DreamShipWrecked posted:

All those legs...

Is that Eightfold?

That'd be quite a radical change in design. You may call it Eightfold 2. And maybe we'll get a month-long powerup to Eightfold 3!

More probably, LSI is a new character with who knows what agenda. It might have grabbed Eightfold's book, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pyroi posted:

the upcoming spin-off: Paratrains

Will it be about trains being airdropped with parachutes to go on special ops missions?