Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Is it bad that I felt :smith: because I thought Johnny legit died?
-Also really hope the sphinx comes back from telling the others Issac shoots lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Have they mentioned what happens to the object when the spirit leaves it's host object/medium?
I get the feeling something bad will happen to Issac when it does...the medium/spirit relationship sounds like a symbiotic relationship...
but what happens when it abruptly ends? Having the spirit just leave makes it sound a lot like a parasite that feeds off the host and then moves on.

This comic reminds me so much of Earthbound I'm worried its going to nose-dive into complete nightmare fuel any second.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Oxxidation posted:

Isaac strongly implies that the object/Spectral just loses the spirit's powers and the spirit goes on its way, at which point the Spectral is free to use another Tool or get possessed again.

Like people said before, the real threat is whether or not the spirit should just remain sealed. See again: Magnet Snake.

Guess I'm just being paranoid then, always get the feeling that everything's going to turn out to have been a conspiracy or something.
The Magnet Snake is going to turn out to be a great big softy. Then again...this means that people really need to be careful how often they use an object then - it's like Mp, except the apocalypse will happen when it runs out.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

MikeJF posted:

To be fair, I doubt apocalypse-spirits come along that often, or the world would have ended at some point already. I mean, it's three twelve year olds and a teacher, aside from The Events That Will Ensue In The Main Plot I doubt that things would change much if they weren't there, or at some point they would have before all this.

And most spirits seem quite nice - maybe a lot of the ones in tools were, so recharging them isn't a worry.

That's the thing...everything seems a bit too nice...then again I think its just been awhile since I read something that wasn't trying to be dead serious or this light-hearted.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
That previous page - "It helps that I'm not people" :allears:
Best response I've heard read all day.

Welp. Someone's possessed. Guess that eel isn't friendly after all.

Edit//
Loved the double speech bubble arrows to get that feeling two people were talking at once.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 1, 2013

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Fried Chicken posted:

But the buses are arriving! Won't Johnny and Ollie be late for school? :ohdear:

Buses? Oh! You mean those mere tubes of screaming children.

I can see why he's hiding though - if there was some magic world-ending mcguffin or something a guy could just force themselves right through doorman to reach it and cause the end of the world. It would probably be Johnny.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Anyone want to bet that the "others" the sphinx was talking about was one of these God factions?
If that's true theirs probably going to be a faction for various mythologies - Egyptian, Greek, Arabic, Norse etc.
Though I guess its far to early to tell just yet.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Voting's nice but what's this tidbit about a "cousinhood"?
Some kind of secret Templar order of mediums?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
You know, that Insolent Children Hoodie is actually very fitting...on a snake god.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Syphilicious! posted:

"Quads again squads again" is pretty much explicit admission that there was a fourth dude ain't it?

Yeah, I recall a black kid...and something bad that might have happened to the poor guy.
They are just kids after all, PTSD could be fairly common. I'd hate to see Issac lose it.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
So...what would the spirit get out of killing its tools owner? You think that's going to be a problem later on? Could the same thing happen to a someone like Issac?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
It reminds of a eastern style lion - or those big fluffy dog statues.
-and they're kind of talking to each other like a sitcom husband and wife. :allears:

I wonder if all this worlds myths are based off of these spirits - like the sphinx?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Ettin posted:

It probably will unless he suddenly decides to do this:

You can tell somethings popular if it has a creepy mpreg fan-fiction - and I think this might count as one. :gonk:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Pester posted:

It's just a reference to loss.jpg.

I know but the implications that Issac was pregnant is still there.
I actually did a quick search for fan-art and so far, nothing to creepy.
A cos-play and weird doodle here and there, but no mentally scarring stuff so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Acebuckeye13 posted:

You are reading FAR too much into this. Just relax and laugh at the funny edit.

I was trying to play off of this quote:

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

:golfclap:

Even when pregnant, Issac is still anime.
but I failed spectacularly.

I found the edit hilarious.