Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Welp, Max getting to see his mom just got more difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dolash posted:

I didn't really notice it while blazing through the comic at first, but now that you mention it, yeah. Especially lately? I mean, it makes sense for Spender and Grandpa to talk about the greater good since there's a teacher/student thing going on there, but then Spender and Forge get into a fight and they both stop to continue that discussion while the train they're supposed to be after gets further and further away.
Well, to be fair, Forge's lecture was provoked by the fact that Spender was going after the train, and he set it off deliberately in the hopes he wouldn't have to do a fight he assumed he'd lose. Neither of them are in a huge hurry for it, which is part of why Forge was saying they're both awful people.
And I'd figure if there'd be one category of beings that'd be guaranteed to have strong opinions on human morality, actions, and attitudes, it'd be the ones that spend most of their time as invisible voyeurs.
Think about that old 'what do you do when nobody's looking?' question? They're always looking.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 2, 2014

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

And there we go.

Man, what a lovely evening for everybody.
Negatives:
-Eightfold is gone.
-Isabel lost a friend she might not even have been fully aware of, and her grandpa's pissed at her, and she's gotten her arm chewed up.
-Ed ran away from his best friend exactly when she was counting on him.
-Isaac has been left in the dark by the guy who he specifically was hoping would clue him in.
-Max almost died, then almost died, then almost died, then had a painful flashback to the last time he saw his mother alive, then a train kissed him, then he almost died. Oh, and now his chances of finding his mom's ghost went from 'longshot' to 'borked.'
-Scrapdragon got stuck in a bubble and nearly spiritually Sent To A Nice Farm Just Out Of State.
-Boss Leader had her incredibly generous offer of a suitsie shot down with completely unnecessary venom.
-Spender was a giant failure all evening all the time at everything and he had this pointed out to him in brutally exacting detail.
-Forge got out-lectured, macerated, and jammed inside Johnny's torso.
-Those two whojamacallits and Zarei are stuck in the sticks.
-Johnny and his crew were pushed to the brink of sanity, slid off it, and are running in circles around the rim trying to find their way back in through the magic of R-rated movies.
-Francisco Guerra lost Isabel's HIS book.
-Two of the three skulldogs were fused into a nightmarish bloated sack of hellflesh and manglebone and are physically intimidating their third co-worker.

Positives:
-Agent Day found a comfy bed.
-Two jerks with creepy skull masks are doing aight.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Akett posted:

That's not the wall of someone afraid of dogs trying to get less so, that's the wall of someone who loves dogs. My guess is that Francisco had Isabel's dog possessed in a misguided attempt to toughen her up and something went horribly wrong.
Isabel probably DID like dogs at one point, but the event that changed that is already known. Hopefully these don't need as many stitches.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Surprised that Johnny called for RJ before Ollie. Guess Ollie is the wider target though for dodgebal.

Also I love the "DOORS SUCK" shirt on the kid that's even bigger than Ollie.

That kid likes good webcomics.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Dolash posted:

Muse ain't wrong that Ed can't stand up to Isabel's Grandpa and it's unreasonable to expect him to (no one apparently can), but the flip side of that is Isabel's picked up her Grandpa's preference for strength. Her picking Max before him in dodgehitball is not some kind of sophisticated way of backhand-dissing him, Max seems better at the ball-game so he gets the pick. Unfortunately, I don't think anything Muse said helped Ed figure that out.

We haven't seen Francisco and Max interact yet, have we? Max might just be unflappable enough to blow him off if Grandpa tries to intimidate him. Now that'd be a reason for Ed to worry about being replaced.
It's not so much that Isabel didn't pick Ed first. It's that she didn't pick him second. Or third.
Probably not fourth either.

I don't think athleticism has anything to do with it, she just doesn't want to hang around with him today. I mean hell, the trip that she used as a blunt excuse to not go to school with him was buying a toothbrush. Which, itself, was probably an excuse to have a talk with Max. I think right now she feels like hanging around with someone who has proven to watch her starboard in the past 24 hours.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 8, 2015

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

She didn't pick him at all, and she used the switchball on not him.
Yeah, the point I was making was that she used every opportunity available to pick someone not picking Ed. She didn't pick Ed until there was no more Ed to not pick. There's no way he's THAT bad at sports, was my insinuauauationing.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

kinmik posted:

Ahaha I'm sorry but did you have a mild stroke while typing?
What no, that was deliberate. Stupid but deliberate. That's my motto.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

khy posted:

I am far too busy being pleased with myself that I made the connection between Isabel, Eightfold, 6 other people using her toothbrush and JUST NOW noticing that she's buying one for herself to care about semantics.
This is basically a reasonable course of action because holy hell that's cool.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Note the unsaid 'but not vice versa' in the last panel.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Feels like character relationships are rapidly falling apart.
I want Max to bond with his horrible metal snake to make up for this.

Come to think of it, I want more of Max's horrible metal snake in general. Love that critter's design and attitude problems.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Kyte posted:

So that confirms that Max's hosting the Sphinx of Contracts. I wonder if he's got any physical similarities already.

Fecha posted:

When would Max have become a host for the sphinx, seemingly without his knowledge?
Wonder how it happened, and if it maybe has anything to do with his mother's strong feelings on promises.
Actually, Max's mom and the scrapdragon in his bat are the two characters I want to see more info on the most - they both look awesome and are mysterious as all hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Today's Update posted:

Coach Oop returned to soggy consciousness in a burst of bright red light. Like a sleeper woken from a pleasant dream, he lurched forward with a gasp, all sorrowful regret - for a short time, as a hitball, he'd been something he respected.
Hell of a way to get 'funny' and 'deeply depressing' in the conclusion of a single sentence.