Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
it is strange that the past three years of comic have taken place over one very exciting day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tollymain posted:

zack goes by they now

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I can't believe we all came to the conclusion that he must be Davy Jones and yet nobody thought to connect that to Cody Jones

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I can't believe how much the art style has changed in this "chapter" alone.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Dalris Othaine posted:

I dunno, he's stuck with it for seven actual years. I could see him coming back after three months.

zack is nonbinary and doesn't use male pronouns

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

readingatwork posted:

No, just have him keep making comic-only chapters as he has been

zack is non-binary and doesn't use male pronouns

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Under the bigfoot mask is the davy mascot costume, and under that is Bigfoot

who is also a vampire

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I like professor bigfoot

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Gunnerkrigg has been around for how long now and people still haven't learned

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I'm sorry for having the deeply ableist and offensive take "maybe have a buffer," I'll make sure to check my privilege and stuff

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

PetraCore posted:

But yeah it'd be nice everyone actually sat down and talked to each other like adults about the information they have and how it fits together.

have you ever spoken to people before

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I think that guy might be a ghost you guys

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

it's almost certain that the "police" was turned into some kind of private security joint

"turned into"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

my point is that the police is a private security joint

if davy has money he probably didn't even need to turn the cops into vampires

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

it is time to Cancel richard spender

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

It's they.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Zack is nb and uses they/them.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The only webcomics that are paced according to their release schedule are ones that are also constantly and widely derided. The idea that a continuing work should somehow magically adhere to vague standards arbitrarily invented by someone based on how often it updates is asinine.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > BSS: Batman's Scrappy Sidekick > Paranatural: It's spelled Zack and they are nonbinary

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I feel bad saying it, but, I'm really just not interested in the story delivered this way.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

These might be my favorite characters.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Flip-flop explaining to Isabel exactly all the poo poo she wants to be told but isn't noticing because she's too wrapped up in her own bullshit lmao

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

JuniperCake posted:

Absolutely. There was some overwrought writing early on but he's gotten so much better since then.

Probably one of the best transitions I've seen of a comic going to text + images. I hope its sustainable and his hand stays in good shape.

He's really killing it with the comic right now.

Tapping thoughtfully on the thread title

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I started off annoyed with Chapter 6 because it was a wild swerve away from a bunch of other stuff that was happening, it felt. Now, Chapter 6 is far and away my favorite part of this story so far.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Ditocoaf posted:

that's from six years ago.

...no. No, that's just- that cannot be...!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

People Who Are Not Yet Known To Be Magical:
  • Lisa (elf)
  • Jeff (wandering immortal)
  • Mr. Starchman (school bus wizard)
  • Max's Dad (God)
  • Zoey (daughter of God)
  • Collin (elf [shoemaker-type])
  • Violet (zombie)

What about Alex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

Alex was kidnapped by aliens and is thus classed as Involved, much like the members of Johnny's gang who are Involved even if they aren't possessed.

Aliens aren't magic!