Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm already getting the sense this chapter is going to terrify and concern me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

ProfessorProf posted:

I do not understand that yard.

Maybe there are little hills and mounds underneath the grass?

Which... would mean it would somehow have to be cut to make it all exactly the same height. Hrm.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I genuinely adore how the portrayal of Isaac has shifted from sympathetic to seeing everyone else's perspective of his actions. As in, he kinda come off as a major self-centered tool. Max calling him out on thinking that owing people is how this friendship is supposed to work is particularly incredible.

Fecha posted:

I hadn't considered Agent Day as that person but Max does have an interesting reaction to seeing her. It does seem odd that Max wouldn't address her or that she wouldn't recognize his voice at least. Or his image when she used her weird spirit eyes.

I thought that maybe the spirit eyes thing is her using her spirit to see the situation for her so he can explain it back. So if the spirit doesn't know Max, there'd be no recognition there.

Still, I think Day being the other person is still dubious for the other reasons you mentioned.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

On one hand, I'm really worried about how Jeff is gong to be treated by the school from now on. On the other hand, I really want Zack to commit to the school hating Jeff and I can't explain why. It'd be interesting, I guess. Consequences for actions and whatnot.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

This page is true happiness.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I think we can all agree Wii Golf is mediocre at best.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Honestly, I'd wager just being an adult who doesn't dismiss her like Grandpa is a large part of it.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Update: Some jabronies yelling in the hall

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Even so, I missed those two.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

The sugar addiction of a child is nothing to scoff at

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Honestly, I'm betting endgame is to get the whole school in the Club.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Every single one of Max's faces in the face of this world is an endless source of amusement.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Good pull Akett

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

As long as you use a tablet or a light laptop, locked onto on side so it doesn't change with you, its easy enough to turn it upside down to read

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm expecting one of these general squads to show up and then get one shotted by now

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

That's my boy!

I'm seriously glad the mysterious figure was PJ and not a new character

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I love this stupid family immediately.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Red gal having the Blue Eye leaves me wondering if there's a vampire twist with her too.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm losing my mind at the realization that Gage's vampire teeth are right there in that grocery store theft page too.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm in love with Davy Jones operating like the Majima Everywhere System since he's been introduced. The man's just everywhere.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

New page:
https://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-8-page-2

One thing I genuinely like about the narration is this moment spent capturing Different Modes of Max's dad and how different descriptions are used for each one. Its just a fascinating bit of character work for what's normally such a goofy character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I adore Zack.